Ruby Tuesday

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

q
Bill Crothers

Ruby Tuesday

Postby q » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:04 am

A 5K for me today. OK, I am getting a little restless. I can't wait for sunday so the tapering will be over.

Have a good day all
Bettina Peterson: "Where're you headed?"
Chuck Noland: "Well, I was just about to figure that out."

jacob42.2
Bill Crothers

Re: Ruby Tuesday

Postby jacob42.2 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:16 am

qmp wrote:I can't wait for sunday so the tapering will be over.

Yea and on the Monday following, you'll wish you were still tapering haha.

For me, some more track stuff. I plan to ride my bike there after work and hammer out my routine.
2miles Tempo
2x800 Cruise
2x400 Speed.
PB's: 5k: 16:40 10K: 34:59 21.1: 1:17:16 Marathon: 02:50:47
RUNNING MANIA #2

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:21 am

Another restless night last night ... I guess, either the Motrin is wearing out quicker now, or the DOMS effect is taking fruition :cry: :cry:

Perhaps, another R&R day today .... Will see after my visit to the Medical Clinic to get my wounds checked over again and dressing changed ...

Take care and have a wonderful day .... andy :) Peace !!!!
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:13 am

I think an easy bike ride is in order tonight. I still can't run, but I have to do SOMETHING active!
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

Stephan
Abby Hoffman

Postby Stephan » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:55 am

Ran 10K in 50:55, followed by 2K of easy running. One of my best times ever. Nice day here in the east, I am dreading going to the office this morning, I'd rather do some intervals.....lol. Wish I was going to Saint-John with you guys, but alas.........we'll have to make it up next year. Maybe we can have everyone come here for the Bluenose next year and have a lobster boil!!!! We can show you westerners how things are done down here.........mmmmmmmmm lobster.......keith's........mmmmmmm

Have an awsome day!!!!!

Stephan

TheBman
Jerome Drayton

Postby TheBman » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:42 am

10k tonight, used the holiday Monday as a rest day!
Bman
The MARATHON GRAND SLAM!

London Marathon April 17
Boston Marathon April 18
Berlin Marathon September 25
Chicago Marathon October 9
NYC Marathon November 6

...raising funds and awareness for the EVERYMAN Campaign!

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:01 am

Tonight I'm doing a tempo run (12K I think) with dgrant and tallguy. I feel I need a "me" day today so I'm going to go downtown, get my hair cut, and wander. Sounds weird I know but I love just walking downtown, going into whatever shops I want, and people-watching! Plus there's a Niketown right by where I get my hair cut... woohoo!
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

RunDiva
Bill Crothers

Postby RunDiva » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:47 am

Hey there!
I love these short work weeks.

Today will be another rest day- we're having the in-laws over for dinner.

LSD on Sunday went really well- scenic route- saw a Mom and baby deer!
Tried a GU gel for the first time. Vanilla Bean. YUMMYYY!!!!
Our route was supposed to be 19k but turned out to be 21.23! I was excited to do the half-marathon distance since NCM.

I also discovered the benefit of a cold shower on those tired, stiff legs. It really works!

Have a great day.
Lisa

Dani
Jerome Drayton

Postby Dani » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:18 am

I am going to do 4k on the treadmill tonight at work. And if time allows, some upper body work.

Thats it for me!

Have a great day!
I used to run. All the time.
Now? Notsomuch.
I'm still a runner, though.
Life is fluid and ever changing. I am too.

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:28 am

Just finished a 6K "fun run" as part of a conference I'm attending. It really was a fun run-- no bibs, official timing, or whatever, but there were about 100 participants.
It was probably a bit under 6K, but I did it in 29:55. :D I'll take it!
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

jacob42.2
Bill Crothers

Postby jacob42.2 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:35 am

RunDiva wrote:I also discovered the benefit of a cold shower on those tired, stiff legs. It really works!

Have a great day.
Lisa

It's all about the ice bath baby!
PB's: 5k: 16:40 10K: 34:59 21.1: 1:17:16 Marathon: 02:50:47

RUNNING MANIA #2

runlikeagirl
Bill Crothers

Postby runlikeagirl » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:19 am

Will be doing some speed work on the track tonight with my Half M clinic.
I was pleased with how I did last week, so hopefully I'll have a repeat performance tonight.

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:04 pm

up late again last night, so i overslept.... again... so hopefully i can get in a quick 4-5k after class tonight.

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:56 pm

As I am one of those who is off the roads due to injury (double crosstraining points!) for me tonight it will be a swim - it's been a while so it will hurt and then a nice bike ride with my son.

:D

eme
Last edited by eme on Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paulg
Tom Longboat

Postby paulg » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:24 pm

Ran 26 k yesterday so will take it ez- next week will go for 29 k- I have never ran that distance before so it will be a first and I'm looking forward but it will be an easy pace as I'm focusing on the endurance aspect only-
Will apply more speedwork and hills in August to prepare for my half mary in T.O. ( Scotiabank) for Sept. Running with a friend preparing for the
marathon. Each time I go out I realize I can do more so I'm not sure how far I'll keep going in the training runs but it's all good ( no Run Forest Run
please comments) :)

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:02 pm

just got back from a short, "fast" 4 miles. it started out rough because the first 3/4 were into the wind AND uphill, though the hills weren't too big. Then the last mile was downhill and out of the wind so I was able to speed up. You know, I'm not very fast but I do like to pick up the pace for my short runs because it feels really good... like I'm actually cruising instead of just moseying. :P So it was nice... each mile today was faster than the last, though I didn't break any PRs. :)
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

BaldGuy
Jerome Drayton

Postby BaldGuy » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:51 pm

There is a sound that no sane person wants to hear when they're running through the woods, and it ain't Dueling Banjos.

So here I was approaching the farthest point of a route that should have been 8-10K, on a multi-use trail in the wilds of Scarborough, when the thunder started. I picked up the pace by about 20 seconds/k and retraced my steps, planning an alternate route home to try to beat the storm.

Storm 1: BG 0.

The rain started when I was out of the trail system and into the more open area of the park. An OPP cruiser passed me on the way out. I hammered my way up the hill that last summer I thought of as a killer -- I live up the hill from the Beach, so there's hill work in almost every run. When I got to the top and into the open, the heavens started dumping buckets on me. I was, I admit, kinda skeert.

I stopped my watch when I made it to the street, although I did run most of the rest of the way to our temporary abode. My shoes won't be dry in time for a run tomorrow, so I guess I'll be running in my old Sauconys.

Of course, my story isn't nearly as interesting when you put it up against the miraculous escape of 309 passengers and crew from Air France A358.

So -- 7.77K, some of it in the rain, at a mostly leisurely 6:21/km pace.

Looking forward to tomorrow's adventure.
BG

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:14 pm

Today was tempo day for me and TallGuy.

An easy 2km warm-up, a firm 8km at about 15 seconds over 10k race pace, then a 2.5 km cooldown. Went well, felt good.

I'm having really bad back problems that are keeping me from getting any good sleep, but at least they go away as the day progresses and I get loose.

Five more sleeps 'til our first 1/2 marathon of the year.

Return to “General Running Discussion”