Manitoba Marathon Q's & A's

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:38 pm

garth wrote:
Hopefully, I can find my usual stash of gatorade and bananas in Winnipeg ... Assuming they have grocery store in the Prairies

they do not have any imported bananas in Manitoba, only local grown bananas are available

Yeah, but then you have to deal with the banana marketing board, you gotta wonder if you can sell your bananas across the border, they're taking down the old banana elevators in the small towns and putting up the new giant concrete banana elevators. Sometimes its not worth the trouble.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

KBO
Ben Johnson

Postby KBO » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:58 pm

neepsgirl wrote:
KBO wrote:I'm not wearing my own water belt. I think the Marathon does a good job of water stations. Andy, there isn't 23 stations on the full course...that includes some of them on the half course as well. That said, I think there are certainly sufficient stations.

Karen, How are you carrying your fuel, gels, potato, etc?

I'm going to shove as much as I can into my pockets and then have a couple of folks at certain points on the course to hand me anything else I need.

I'm pretty sure I can easily carry 2-3 gels and about 4 fig newtons.

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:19 am

No complaints from me :shifty: :P :wink:

Sunday, Jun 15
Partly sunny.
Winds from the NW at 24
Realfeel®: 18 °C High: 19 °C
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

BingeRunner
Johnny Miles

Postby BingeRunner » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:15 am

Due to the slight change in course because of Bishop Grandin I understand they had to re-certify course and remark it.

I believe that due to complaints about being too flat they also rerouted the course to include a hill...... :D

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:22 am

Sunday, Jun 15
Mostly cloudy with a couple of showers possible.
Winds from the N at 19
Realfeel®: 17 °C High: 18 °C

Wow, this Winnipeg weather forecast sure is all over the place ... So stressful tracking it ... Just wish someone had warned me about how much it fluctauates :shifty: :wink:

KBO
Ben Johnson

Postby KBO » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:34 am

I'm willing to begin discussing the weather now.... :wink:

Looks decent!

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:17 am

First time posting on RM, although have been lurking for a while.
No one on the RR forum is discussing the Manitoba Marathon, so can I join you over here??

The weather looks actually pretty good, but until I wake up Sunday morning and look outside, I'm not deciding what to wear.

I live in the area by about the 22-23 mile, and all marking/signs are up. Getting excited. :D

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:25 am

Habs4ever wrote:First time posting on RM, although have been lurking for a while.
No one on the RR forum is discussing the Manitoba Marathon, so can I join you over here??

The weather looks actually pretty good, but until I wake up Sunday morning and look outside, I'm not deciding what to wear.

I live in the area by about the 22-23 mile, and all marking/signs are up. Getting excited. :D

Greetings Habs4Ever. Are you running the full or the half?
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:33 am

Mike Runs wrote:
Habs4ever wrote:First time posting on RM, although have been lurking for a while.

I'm doing the full, (yikes). :shock:

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:41 am

Welcome Habs fan!

I agree with your strategy about the weather. Last night I packed 4 different outfits into my suitcase to be prepared for any possible outcome. :?
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:05 am

Habs4ever wrote:
Mike Runs wrote:

I'm doing the full, (yikes). :shock:

What am I over there at the RR Forum, 'chop liver'? :snooty: (aka vfong) :wink: :P

Welcome Here ... How did you find us ?? :wink: :P

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:03 pm

HCiD wrote:What am I over there at the RR Forum, 'chop liver'? :snooty: (aka vfong) :wink: :P

Seems you and I were the only ones wanting to talk about it there!! You don't have a picture on the other one, so didn't realize you're one in the same. :?
As for finding you guys, I read about it in the Canadian Running Magazine. At first I felt like a traitor, but then after lurking for a while, I realized there were quite a few who post on both. :D

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:10 pm

Habs4ever wrote:
HCiD wrote:What am I over there at the RR Forum, 'chop liver'? :snooty: (aka vfong) :wink: :P

Seems you and I were the only ones wanting to talk about it there!! You don't have a picture on the other one, so didn't realize you're one in the same. :?
As for finding you guys, I read about it in the Canadian Running Magazine. At first I felt like a traitor, but then after lurking for a while, I realized there were quite a few who post on both. :D

If you haven't already ... go over to the Meet and Greet Forum, down below) and come out to our Pre or Post Race M&G's ... :P :wink:

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:59 pm

HCiD wrote:If you haven't already ... go over to the Meet and Greet Forum, down below) and come out to our Pre or Post Race M&G's ... :P :wink:

Thanks for the invite, but I have to pass, although I will be at the pasta fest Friday night after picking up my race kit and going through the expo, (which doesn't take long).

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:05 pm

Habs4ever wrote:
HCiD wrote:If you haven't already ... go over to the Meet and Greet Forum, down below) and come out to our Pre or Post Race M&G's ... :P :wink:

Thanks for the invite, but I have to pass, although I will be at the pasta fest Friday night after picking up my race kit and going through the expo, (which doesn't take long).

There is also the Unofficial M&G for the 6:00pm pasta fest seating ... :wink:

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:09 am

yikes !!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sunday, Jun 15
Mostly cloudy with a shower or thunderstorm possible. :shock: :shock:
Winds from the W at 20
Realfeel®: 15 °C High: 17 °C

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:11 am

HCiD wrote:yikes !!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sunday, Jun 15
Winds from the W at 20

Don't panic, it will change at least 6 times before then. Yesterday they called for showers all day and it finally happened around 9:00PM.

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:16 am

Habs4ever wrote:
HCiD wrote:yikes !!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sunday, Jun 15
Winds from the W at 20

Don't panic, it will change at least 6 times before then. Yesterday they called for showers all day and it finally happened around 9:00PM.

Only 6 times ?? :wink: Other Maniacs in the 'Peg have suggested changes every 10 minutes :shock: :shock: :lol: :wink:

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:33 am

This weekend looking to be the largest Maniac gathering in Manitoba, eh !!!! :lol: :wink:

So looking forward to receiving my Finisher's Medal from Mouse ... :P :wink:

Mouse
Bill Crothers

Postby Mouse » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:57 am

Thanks Andy, looking forward to presenting it to you. See you soon.
Mouse
The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter. - Mark Twain

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:02 pm

Mouse wrote:Thanks Andy, looking forward to presenting it to you. See you soon.
Mouse

You probably know my neighbours, they have been at the finish line for years....Jerry & Gerry I.

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:07 pm

Habs4ever wrote:
Mouse wrote:Thanks Andy, looking forward to presenting it to you. See you soon.
Mouse

You probably know my neighbours, they have been at the finish line for years....Jerry & Gerry I.

Was so expecting you to say something like, Jerry & Gerry and Herry/Kerry but, I would sound something like Irry ?? :? :lol: :wink: :P :oops:

Mouse
Bill Crothers

Postby Mouse » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:27 pm

Habs
You bet I know Mr and Mrs Gerry. Have for years. We were all at Government house just recently to get our Marathon framed picture.
The Ilchinia's (probably splelt it wrong) have been involved for a long time. They do great work with the Dakota students, from the Pasta fest on Friday to the finish line stuff on Sunday. They are super nice people. Please stop by the Run Manitoba booth, at the expo and introduce yourself. By the way your neighbour's know me as Mouse. Looking forward to meeting you.
Mouse
PS I hope to give you your medal also.
I have been reading your training or the other forum, but can't reply as my profile has been locked. I used to work for RR, and quit on good terms, still do talks at their clinics. We are in the process of trying to get it unlocked. E-mails have been going back and forth.
The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter. - Mark Twain

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:46 pm

I will definitely stop by and say hi, & I would love for you to give me my medal. :D
As for reading my training on RR, you probably know way too much about me.... :shock: :wink:

Mouse
Bill Crothers

Postby Mouse » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:02 pm

Habs
I do know that you have been experiecing a bit of injury issue's, which I believe are gone now. I know that you have helped a friend of your daughters, and that some of the RR folks helped contribute so she could get new shoes, and a fuel belt. Good Luck to her.
I hope and think that you will have a great first full marathon experience. All the best, you've done the training, the hay is in the barn so to speak.... Good Luck.
Mouse

Return to “General Running Discussion”