Super Sunday!

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

trixiee
Lynn Williams

Super Sunday!

Postby trixiee » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:30 am

Can't sleep! Had too many glasses of red wine and am suffering major hot flashes! :oops:

Going to take my bike out for a 2 hour spin. Nice and easy, just a practise spin. Clip in, clip out... hope I don't fall! :o

Have a great day, whether you're racing, training or resting! :D
http://connect.garmin.com/profile/trixiee14

Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
~ Dr. Suess~
Life is short. Drink the good wine first!

Run26.2
Jerome Drayton

Postby Run26.2 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:20 am

4:20am here :shock: ....off to the airport with my inlaws then back home to start my long run...first long run in shorts since, well, forever! 8)
"...twenty miles of hope, six miles of truth..."
21 marathons since 2001......up next, CND Army half-marathon in Sept. and Toronto Waterfront marathon in Oct.

West Grey Runner
Bill Crothers

Postby West Grey Runner » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:27 am

Working 12 hour mids , snuck in a 16K on the treadmill at lunch ! A little different , 1-10K 5:30 , 10-15K 4:30, 15-15.5K 6:00 15.5-16K 11:00. Love to mix it up , every run can be a first!

Looking forward to the Trillium 10K in Mount Forest May 10th , http://www.trilliumruns.ca/.

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:36 am

Going downtown for a little run along Colonel By this morning around 9:00am or so ... then, working another afternoon shift at the RR, this time at the Merivale store ...

What a boring life I've got, eh !!!! :? :oops: :oops: :lol:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

JacSprat
Bill Crothers

Re: Super Sunday!

Postby JacSprat » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:09 am

trixiee wrote:Can't sleep! Had too many glasses of red wine and am suffering major hot flashes! :oops:

Going to take my bike out for a 2 hour spin. Nice and easy, just a practise spin. Clip in, clip out... hope I don't fall! :o

Have a great day, whether you're racing, training or resting! :D

Hope you didn't T :D

Didn't get out on my bike yesterday. Too windy for my first attempt. 30 mins on the trainer instead - better than nothing.
Leaving soon for my 18km lsd. High of 12 expected today - that's good enough for shorts :D :D

Good luck to all racers today :clap:
Have a good Sunday everyone :D
Jacqui

------------------------
MyTraining

Lonerunner
Bill Crothers

Postby Lonerunner » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:20 am

14k done this morning, just wasn't into it this morning. Legs tired from yesterdays ride, mentally not there either.

Have super Sunday everyone.
-Lisa

To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.

CeilidhOnTheRun
Jerome Drayton

Postby CeilidhOnTheRun » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:52 am

14k on the books, with Caro. Beauty day for it!
~Trish
Recovering slowly...

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:52 am

Race morning is here! I am up early. Yes folks, once again, trying new stuff on race day... just to add to the jitters. I am sooo not ready for this but am ready to go :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:55 am

Sir Crashalot wrote:Race morning is here! I am up early. Yes folks, once again, trying new stuff on race day... just to add to the jitters. I am sooo not ready for this but am ready to go :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU WILL ALL DO FINE!!!!!! THINKING OF ALL OF YOU!! (do ya' hear me?? :lol: )
Waiting for those reports.

bruyere's mum

msdesigner
Jerome Drayton

Postby msdesigner » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:15 am

Yeesh, I'm up way to early on a Sunday. I woke up at 4 am to achey legs and the neighbor's kid singing.

I'm heading out to spend the day with my Dad while my Mom is at a church function. I'll get him to help me wash the cars since he loves that kind of stuff. He has been quite agitated and confused lately so I'm hoping this will distract him.

If I'm back in town early enough, I'm taking Skye out for a spin.
Running 26.2 miles is not limited by physical capabilities but rather by the mind.
Uta Pippig

Tred Miller
Bruce Kidd

Postby Tred Miller » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:17 am

Getting ready to head out and do my 21k LSD at Parc Jean Drapeau. Hope to see some maniacs out there. Hope to better the 3k I did last year. :lol:
Live to Run; Run to Live.

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:30 am

Sir Crashalot wrote:Race morning is here! I am up early. Yes folks, once again, trying new stuff on race day... just to add to the jitters. I am sooo not ready for this but am ready to go :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm trying new stuff too!

Just getting ready for half marathon #5.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

a_beacher
Jerome Drayton

Postby a_beacher » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:48 am

Good luck to all the racers.
Boston folks...rest those legs - tomorrows the big day!

Jacsprat - I could have used your help yesterday to tell me it was too windy to ride. I took my bike out for a spin and the wind was insane. I just got my bike on Friday and was practicing with the gears. I must tell you that if you are new to the gears and have trouble finding the proper one with wind gusting, it makes for a tough workout. :?

This morning, I just finished popping popcorn in the air popper. It's the kids new found toy. My kids were in my room at 6:45 am asking if we could pop some now :shock: . My kids are so cute, it was hard to say no. So, they are eating freshly popped popcorn for breakfast.

I am going out for a run soon. I'll let you know if popcorn is a good pre run food. :roll: :oops:

MINITEE
Lynn Williams

Postby MINITEE » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:55 am

Trix, I hope that you weren't taking your bike out when you started this post . You'll be fine, I'm sure of that.

Just getting ready to take the kids out for their second 10K run... nice & slow . Good thing I got a tiny bit of sun on my ride yesterday, the legs aren't quite as pasty/scary/white as I had figured they would be. :oops:

Yes, Albertans... I am wearing a skirt & short sleeves today. Um, I think the phrase is neener, neener, neener if I'm right. :shifty:

eta: I was actually a bit too warm at times today... but great 10K in the books now...
Last edited by MINITEE on Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
KEEP GOING, NEVER GIVE UP: Spencer D

Hey, be careful around me, apparently I'm a chronically offended kind of person... ;)

runcherylrun
Bill Crothers

Postby runcherylrun » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:58 am

First real test of the shin since last weekends trouble.

33k............... here I come .

Have a good one everybody :D
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Helen Keller

hmacdonald
Bill Crothers

Postby hmacdonald » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:11 am

Trying to decide when to run. 3 options are available: now; while eldest is riding (11:15 - 12:15); or tonight. All have pros and cons. I'm afraid that it might be a little warmer than I like if I wait and go while DD is riding. On the other hand, it might be good to get used to some heat!

I'm nervous about this run, it isn't an LSD, but my LSD on Friday night was awful. Add to that the fact that I did yard work all day yesterday (squating and hacking out dead stalks from perennials) my legs could be pretty tired today.

Decisions, decisions! LOL!

Good luck to the racers today!
Heather

"We over-committed, overweight middle-aged moms who have been athletic failures most of our lives don’t get much fanfare when we finally get off the couch and go for it, but there are a lot of us out there" - Seuss

CinC
Lynn Williams

Postby CinC » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:28 am

Updated:Sunday April 20 2008,6:00 MDT- Calgary Airport
-12°C
°C
°F
Light snow
Feels Like: -23
Wind: NW 35km/h
Wind gusts: 44km/h
Sunrise: 6:29
Sunset: 20:41
Relative Humidity: 85%
Pressure: 102.13 kPa
Visibility: 4.8 km
Ceiling: 2300 ft

I'm NOT joking. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I thought if things were significantly better today, I would attempt my 32k run, but it'll be ran probably on Tues afternoon....

Today - instead, similiar to yesterday (which was a 1.5hr spin, 3 mile/30min treadmill run, 1000m swim)......meeting up with some friends for a 30min swin, 60min spin, 30min run on the track or mill.....

Good luck racers today in Montreal and St. Albert, and thinking of those Boston folks too!
Race Hard. Race Happy.

tgilpin
Bruce Kidd

Postby tgilpin » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:35 am

good luck to everyone racing....and those preparing to race Boston tomorrow :lol:

Rest day for me as I ran my lsd yesterday....may go for a bike ride with DD though.
2014 Races
Chilly Half Marathon Mar.2 - made it to the finish line
Mississauga Half Marathon - May 4
Philladelphia Full Marathon - Nov.23

RayMan
Jerome Drayton

Postby RayMan » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:49 am

Good luck too all the racers - I envy you! I am meeting some friends for brunch (with kids!) so if I have energy left after that I am going to come home and do a long slow distance run of 45-60 minutes.

I am still getting back into training mode; my calves are feeling it, and I am cramping in the middle of the night sometimes. I don't want to push it, but I need to ramp up to prepare for 10km race in Ottawa in May. So this LSD distance is so much less than I used to do...it is still tough nonetheless.

Enjoy your day!

candlerun
Bruce Kidd

Postby candlerun » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:53 am

Good morning,

Up a little early myself and debating about running outside this morning. Temp wise it is not bad, -2 heading towards +4, but the winds are terrible and last night there was a nice layer of ice pellets frozen to the ground. :( So with humidity and wind gusts up to 44 (already around 33), I believe I am going to be doing my LSD on the TM... It may be a little too slippery for my tastes out there and I am in spring mode. Call me a baby but I don't really feel like getting too cold right now. :roll: Good thing it is just 12k this am. :)

Thinking about everyone racing today!
Hypohalf - Check
Sask Half Marathon - PB 2:23:09
Bridge City Boogie 5k - 33:19 and a broken leg...
Mogathon 5k (in wheelchair) - Had a Blast!
Queen City Half Marathon
Nike Womens Half Marathon - in memory of my Grandma, MIL Natalie, my cousin Gary, many others, and most recently my Uncle Allan and my Great Uncle Paul.
Wishes
Edmonton Derby Half - not going to happen due to break
To sign up for a few smaller ones along the way - maybe some late fall small ones

The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. ~John Bingham

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:06 am

Westerners, stay strong! That weather is just wrong. Good luck racers! I am going to head out for 16-18km in a bit. I am waiting for a life insurance rep to come and take my blood (SERIOUSLY!!). I would've thought at 30, and being in pretty much perfect health, that this was a bit much, but apparently it's standard practice. :?
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

CAW
Lynn Williams

Postby CAW » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:08 am

Good luck to all the racers today!!!

Ray, take it easy and stretch out those giraffe legs of yours! :wink:

My friend, pameaney, said something about doing a 5k run today...so I guess that is what I'm doing. Thank goodness she keeps me honest.
~Kara~

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself."
— Thich Nhat Hanh

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:40 am

Good luck racers !

Family 5k completed this morning. My poor dog was dragging. He needs to lose 10 pounds of winter weight :(

Now we are painting baseboards and cleaning windows today - how exciting :wink:

anners
Jerome Drayton

Postby anners » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:45 am

Have 20k on the schedule today and zero motivation to do it. I think I'm actually tired of running :shock: . I thought that taper madness was supposed to make you feel restless??

Watching the US Olympic trials online...hopefully that will give me some inspiration.

hmacdonald
Bill Crothers

Postby hmacdonald » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:56 am

Opted to run before taking DD to riding. Happy with my run, not quite as fast as the excellent run I had on Corkstown road a few weeks ago, but still not bad. Very happy that my legs, lower back and left knee didn't feel bad. I was a bit concerned when I got up this morning!

Ran in capris and a long sleeve shirt. Perfect weather for me. Garmin hand was cold though... but it always is!
Heather

"We over-committed, overweight middle-aged moms who have been athletic failures most of our lives don’t get much fanfare when we finally get off the couch and go for it, but there are a lot of us out there" - Seuss

Return to “General Running Discussion”