Super Sunday thread!

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Andes
Johnny Miles

Postby Andes » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:04 pm

yaaaaaaaaay another person who counts in miles instead of km!! (we are a minority here... )

Yes, I've noticed that! Kms just do not compute in my brain - even when I'm on my gym's km-based treadmill I'm constantly doing math! Does that make us bad Canadians? :(

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:09 pm

Andes wrote:Does that make us bad Canadians? :(

I hate hockey too. If that makes me a bad Canadian, so be it! lol
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

RayMan
Jerome Drayton

Postby RayMan » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:20 pm

Andes wrote:I've been increasing mileage and intensity a fair bit lately so perhaps this was my body's way of telling me that a cut-back week is in order. :?

Hey were you running along the Don Valley trails this afternoon? I was talking with a runner for a few minutes today, on my run - was that you? :)

Andes
Johnny Miles

Postby Andes » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:17 pm

RayMan wrote:Hey were you running along the Don Valley trails this afternoon? I was talking with a runner for a few minutes today, on my run - was that you? :)

Nope, that wasn't me! I do pass pretty close to that trail, as I run through Moore Park ravine, Mount Pleasant cemetery and the Beltline trail, but I still haven't figured out how to connect to the Don Valley trail from this route.

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:35 pm

Finished another great 90 minute trail run in banff. Now Posting from blackberry inside a tiny tent.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

BJH
Lynn Williams

Postby BJH » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:43 am

Andes wrote:
RayMan wrote:Hey were you running along the Don Valley trails this afternoon? I was talking with a runner for a few minutes today, on my run - was that you? :)

Nope, that wasn't me! I do pass pretty close to that trail, as I run through Moore Park ravine, Mount Pleasant cemetery and the Beltline trail, but I still haven't figured out how to connect to the Don Valley trail from this route.

Try this:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2033779

It is a bit rougher trail than the Moore Park ravine, but still okay in runners and not trail shoes.
The road to hell is paved. Run trails.

Return to “General Running Discussion”