Wednesday!!!!!!!

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Wednesday!!!!!!!

Postby RA. » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:24 am

Okay, so I don't know what I am doing yet today for activities. I did a long run yesterday, so I am thinking of skipping the run today. Still on vacation, and no plans to do any water sports today. Does frisbee count as cross training???? Happy Wednesday all!

Stephan
Abby Hoffman

Postby Stephan » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:56 am

Just got back from a 12K run, easy pace of 5:54. Recovering a bit and getting ready for some speedwork tomorrow at the track. Foggy, overcast day here today. Hopefully it will clear up and the sun will poke it head through.

Have an awsome day everyone!!

Stephan

drghfx
Abby Hoffman

Postby drghfx » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:59 am

Heading over to PEI tonight for a few days to go curling...yes curling! They have a summer curling fun bonspiel (The Summer Spud) every year at Crapaud (approx.15 K from the causeway toward Charlottetown). The associated Golf tournament is tomorrow at Rustico starting at 7:30 AM ...arghhh, then an afternoon pool party at the Charlottetown Rodd Hotel and then a bbq at the Charlottetown Curling Club that evening. Then curling and other social events Friday, Sat. and Sunday! It's usually 50-50 as to whether I get a run in while over there. Oh yeah, there may be a beer or two consumed. :lol:
"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers but borrowed from his children." - John James Audubon

"The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"I was watching the London Marathon and saw one runner dressed as a chicken and another runner dressed as an egg. I thought: 'This could be interesting'." - Paddy Lennox

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast!" - author unknown

Stephan
Abby Hoffman

Postby Stephan » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:07 am

drghfx wrote:Heading over to PEI tonight for a few days to go curling...yes curling! They have a summer curling fun bonspiel (The Summer Spud) every year at Crapaud (approx.15 K from the causeway toward Charlottetown). The associated Golf tournament is tomorrow at Rustico starting at 7:30 AM ...arghhh, then an afternoon pool party at the Charlottetown Rodd Hotel and then a bbq at the Charlottetown Curling Club that evening. Then curling and other social events Friday, Sat. and Sunday! It's usually 50-50 as to whether I get a run in while over there. Oh yeah, there may be a beer or two consumed. :lol:

Who in the world came up with the name "Crapaud" for a town????? I can just see it now, at the city counsel meeting...."Well, we have 3 choices for the name of this town, Meadow View, Brookside, and Crap-O....mmmm I like Crap-O"....... :lol: :lol:

Stephan

kevvyd
Bruce Kidd

Postby kevvyd » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:13 am

Well, since I've been outed, I might as well post something. I ran a late evening (for me) 8K tempo last night and today have a 13K long run scheduled for after work today.

Have fun curling on the Island. I was actually over there last weekend visiting my father.
Kevin

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:20 am

Just finished at the gym! Out of town for a few days but the running shoes will be coming with me!
I hope it's cooler in town when I get back :D
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

runlikeagirl
Bill Crothers

Postby runlikeagirl » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:24 am

s_rabouin wrote:
drghfx wrote:Heading over to PEI tonight for a few days to go curling...yes curling! They have a summer curling fun bonspiel (The Summer Spud) every year at Crapaud (approx.15 K from the causeway toward Charlottetown). The associated Golf tournament is tomorrow at Rustico starting at 7:30 AM ...arghhh, then an afternoon pool party at the Charlottetown Rodd Hotel and then a bbq at the Charlottetown Curling Club that evening. Then curling and other social events Friday, Sat. and Sunday! It's usually 50-50 as to whether I get a run in while over there. Oh yeah, there may be a beer or two consumed. :lol:

Who in the world came up with the name "Crapaud" for a town????? I can just see it now, at the city counsel meeting...."Well, we have 3 choices for the name of this town, Meadow View, Brookside, and Crap-O....mmmm I like Crap-O"....... :lol: :lol:

HA!

runlikeagirl
Bill Crothers

Postby runlikeagirl » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:25 am

Doin the hills tonight. hopefully some rain will make the outdoors more tolerable.

Scott
Bill Crothers

Postby Scott » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:29 am

Well, unless I'm feeling like Crapuad tonight, I'll run 8km with Run Club. Its been humid here, kind of like TO without the smog, shootings and great hockey team (not sacastic on the last one).

Welcome out, Kevvy.

Scott

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:38 am

No run today...again. My foot is still recovering from the soccer game on Monday that I should not have played. Looks like a few days off is in store to work on strengthening the old tendon (post tib) before I can take it out for a run. We'll see what the physio sayson Friday. Now where did I store that rowing machine......

hyajil
Bill Crothers

Postby hyajil » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:10 am

Great 5k run this morning at oh-dark-hundred. Nothing like being a bit late too to make me pick up the pace to get home and get ready for work.

drghfx
Abby Hoffman

Postby drghfx » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:12 am

s_rabouin wrote:

Stephan

Crapaud is french for toad. "Well, we have 3 choices for the name of this town, Meadow View, Brookside, and Toad....mmmm I like Toad"

See, once you understand the translation it makes..umm...perfect...sense :?:
"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers but borrowed from his children." - John James Audubon

"The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"I was watching the London Marathon and saw one runner dressed as a chicken and another runner dressed as an egg. I thought: 'This could be interesting'." - Paddy Lennox

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast!" - author unknown

kevvyd
Bruce Kidd

Postby kevvyd » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:16 am

drghfx wrote:Crapaud is french for toad. "Well, we have 3 choices for the name of this town, Meadow View, Brookside, and Toad....mmmm I like Toad"

Let's rephrase the question. "Hmmm, we could give our town a name that makes it sound like just another crap suburb or we could do something interesting that people that should be working will talk about." :wink:
Kevin

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:19 am

I was planning to do my workout this morning before work but slept in and C-Moss did too.

So this evening: 15 minute warmup, three sets of 2km at 10km race pace with two minute recovery between sets and 15 minute warmdown.

Not looking forward to it..so hot and muggy here today. Plus my lower back hurts...I think the canoe trip what with sleeping on a thin thermarest plus portages was a bit much!

Joanne
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

Robbie-T
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robbie-T » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:48 am

Did a bit of a tempo with hills run today 1k warm up, 4k at about 4:45/k, 1k cool down. It was a lot tougher then it usually is, I feel like I'm working hard but not moving very fast. I'm starting to worry about my 10k race this weekend in Fergus. It's the first 10k that I've actually trained for, usually I don't train for shorter races they are just part of my training for longer ones.

Or maybe it's the new shoes, got some 856 New Balance shoes last weekend, first time for these kind, they don't feel too fast and don't give me confidence like the Asics 1100 that I had prior. The RR shoe guy said I've been running in the wrong type shoes, so I listened to him, and I'll give these guys a try.
Mississauga Marathon - 2:52
Around the Bay - 1:58
Click>> Race History
ItsMyRun.com

"If I'm running, it will be a good run" - Robbie-T

"I just hope that people look at it and say, 'Hey if this yahoo can do it, then I can do it too.' That'd be cool if people thought that. It's just a matter of putting the miles in and working. It's not so much how much talent you have. I hope." - Brian Sell.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift." - Pre

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:00 am

kevvyd wrote:Well, since I've been outed, I might as well post something.

Welcome, Kev!

Today for me was a short easy run... decided that my old shoes are indeed shot. Why do I seem to get such low mileage on my shoes. :? (less than 500K).
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

msdesigner
Jerome Drayton

Postby msdesigner » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:02 am

Hi Everyone!! :D

2 days of rest for me .... I have a couple of minor aches and pains in my ankle and heel.

I have pushed myself by running more in the last 9 days (62.5 Km) than I ran in the month of July!! I want to stay injury free for my half marathon in Sept so I chill out for a couple of days.

I think I deserve a beer or two on a patio....hmmmm........

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:03 am

msdesigner1 wrote:Hi Everyone!! :D

2 days of rest for me .... I have a couple of minor aches and pains in my ankle and heel.

I have pushed myself by running more in the last 9 days (62.5 Km) than I ran in the month of July!! I want to stay injury free for my half marathon in Sept so I chill out for a couple of days.

I think I deserve a beer or two on a patio....hmmmm........

welcome here! :)
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

RunDiva
Bill Crothers

Postby RunDiva » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:09 am

Hi Guys!

Hill training for me tonight- 5 Hills!

Have a good one.

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:36 am

Rode into the gym, did 30 minutes of weights and 30 minutes walking (!) on the treadmill. I felt like a total dweeb just walking at a measely 3.5 mph! My HR never got above 120 and probably averaged out at 112. I didn't want to run or do elliptical because my hip is still sore, but I needed to do SOMETHING!

Tonight I am doing Open Water Swim in the Big Lake (yes, C-Moss, THAT Big Lake, just a little further west of you) with the gang from Endurosport. Let's hope that the thundershowers hold off, at least until after we're done.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

Scott
Bill Crothers

Postby Scott » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:37 am

Dr.J wrote: Why do I seem to get such low mileage on my shoes. :? (less than 500K).

Jen, don't feel bad, I get less than 500km on my Saucony's as well. I'm trying the NB 1060's, but I just loved the way the Trigons felt as soon as I put on a new pair.

Scott

Cheermidget
Bruce Kidd

Postby Cheermidget » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:20 pm

Of course my attempt to wake up relatively early to get a 10K was thwarted by...sleep.

So after my softball game and a little bit of stunting, I'll at least be able to fit in 5K tonight!
~Rae

The Donald
Jerome Drayton

Postby The Donald » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:26 pm

Cheermidget wrote:Of course my attempt to wake up relatively early to get a 10K was thwarted by...sleep.

So after my softball game and a little bit of stunting, I'll at least be able to fit in 5K tonight!

You will probably get called out on an infield fly!

cimit
Tom Longboat

Postby cimit » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:30 pm

Running with the group tonight. Should be doing hill repeats, but still in recovery mode. Just 10k at a not-so-fast pace.

Thankfully, the bar is oen afterwards. BEER GOOD! :lol:
Pro Raisin!

Canadian resident once agan effective October 31, 2009!

cimit
Tom Longboat

Postby cimit » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:44 pm

OKay...just went by the office window and see it is rather wet outside. I think tonight's run is going to be not fun.
Pro Raisin!

Canadian resident once agan effective October 31, 2009!

Return to “General Running Discussion”