2008 Toronto Zoo Run anyone?

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

soccergrrl
Johnny Miles

2008 Toronto Zoo Run anyone?

Postby soccergrrl » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:46 pm

Any maniacs out there planning on running the 10K at the Toronto Zoo this year?
Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing. - Optimus Prime, Transformers 2

Still to come in '10:
Markham Women and Girls 5K
Pearson Runway 5K
Acura Toronto 10 miler
Island Girl 10K

a_beacher
Jerome Drayton

Re: 2008 Toronto Zoo Run anyone?

Postby a_beacher » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:13 pm

soccergrrl wrote:Any maniacs out there planning on running the 10K at the Toronto Zoo this year?

Yes I'll be there and I'm running it with a friend of mine who's doing her first 10K. (I'll wear RM gear).

Annette

soccergrrl
Johnny Miles

Postby soccergrrl » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:00 pm

I'm also running the 10K. How quickly do you guys expect to finish? I'll see if I can find you and I will also be wearing something orange. At the very least, I'll have an orange buff :D
Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing. - Optimus Prime, Transformers 2

Still to come in '10:
Pearson Runway 5K
Acura Toronto 10 miler
Island Girl 10K

a_beacher
Jerome Drayton

Postby a_beacher » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:58 pm

soccergrrl wrote:I'm also running the 10K. How quickly do you guys expect to finish? I'll see if I can find you and I will also be wearing something orange. At the very least, I'll have an orange buff :D

Oh we are pokey! I'm figuring she'll pace around 1:15'sh. (her 5K time was 37 minutes) I'll look for you in the finishing area! :wink:

AlfiefromPickering
Bill Crothers

Postby AlfiefromPickering » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:20 pm

10 Km? Too short.
I am in love with the President of Argentina .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhf5iInIWEs mamacita preciosa
and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIZ39iEw80M. She is 63 is 2016.... meaning 10 years older than I. I guess I'm into mature girls .....

k8
Johnny Miles

Postby k8 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:28 pm

i was hoping to try the 10 k but i didn't get signed up in time.. now i'm trying to decide whether i should drive 2 hrs to run 5 km.. although i figure i would also be enjoying the zoo as well.
and a_beacher.. if i am there i'll be right there with your friends time.. so you can tell them they won't be the only pokey one! :)

a_beacher
Jerome Drayton

Postby a_beacher » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:18 am

k8 wrote:i was hoping to try the 10 k but i didn't get signed up in time.. now i'm trying to decide whether i should drive 2 hrs to run 5 km.. although i figure i would also be enjoying the zoo as well.
and a_beacher.. if i am there i'll be right there with your friends time.. so you can tell them they won't be the only pokey one! :)

Look for me in my RM gear. If you see me say hi! The more the merrier!

I've done the Zoo run a few times and it's a fun event. I love enjoying the Zoo after the race too. It's an awesome Zoo and I never get tired of the place.

MINITEE
Lynn Williams

Postby MINITEE » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:39 am

One of my favorite races! Love running through the back sections of the enclosures..

Alas, I will be in Detroit... but have fun & don't forget to go to the Canadian Exhibit afterwards.. that's a nice long hilly walk to stretch out the legs afterwards.. :twisted:
KEEP GOING, NEVER GIVE UP: Spencer D

Hey, be careful around me, apparently I'm a chronically offended kind of person... ;)

Portentous
Bill Crothers

Postby Portentous » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:50 am

I'll be there as a course marshall. So wear your orange for a cheer. I hope to point you guys in the right direction.

gnu
Jerome Drayton

Postby gnu » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:23 am

Spectating this year - I will bring my Buff!!

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:51 pm

Have fun guys, it is one of my favorite runs of all time!

K8, if you do the 5k, i will try to come along to cheer (or maybe I'll walk the 5k?).

Let me know what you decide!
Lady of the Order of the Velour Track Suit

braveheart
Lynn Williams

Postby braveheart » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:33 pm

AlfiefromPickering wrote:10 Km? Too short.

I hope you either mean too short for YOU or that you are saying that tongue in cheek, because if you are not then I found that a very condescending comment.

/end of that comment

I have ran this race several times and loved it (first time meeting abeacher!). It can get a bit congested at times but that does not detract from the race itself. If I was not on a course that day I would be there for sure.

Have fun![/i]
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer
Don't give up before the miracle.
**formerly campbellskid**

a_beacher
Jerome Drayton

Postby a_beacher » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:33 am

Update: I cannot make the race this weekend.

I have passed my bib along so it won't get wasted but I'm disappointed that I'll miss it this year.

Enjoy the Zoo for me!

braveheart
Lynn Williams

Postby braveheart » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:20 pm

Enoy the run! I will be in class from 830-430 at OISE. I would so rather be running around the zoo.
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer

Don't give up before the miracle.

**formerly campbellskid**

soccergrrl
Johnny Miles

Postby soccergrrl » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:40 pm

Well, I ran this race. I'm not sure if it was the mid-course delirium that got to me or if it was the, I dunno, 5000 or so people that were there. Between the 2 of them, I was unable to spot any maniacs or maniac gear. And me? I forgot my buff at home (&*^%%$#) so I was completely unidentifiable.

Next year if anyone else is doing this, we need to establish a solid meeting place :idea:

The good news is I think I beat last year's time by 3 mins. I'm waiting for official results. And man, that course is flipping hilly. I don't know why but I found it much more challenging hill-wise this year. Oh right, I know why. Lack of hill training this year :oops:

Still to come in '10:
Pearson Runway 5K
Acura Toronto 10 miler
Island Girl 10K

Return to “General Running Discussion”