Jerome Drayton

Postby Robbie-T » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:45 am

thats something.
Mississauga Marathon - 2:52
Around the Bay - 1:58
Click>> Race History
ItsMyRun.com

"If I'm running, it will be a good run" - Robbie-T

"I just hope that people look at it and say, 'Hey if this yahoo can do it, then I can do it too.' That'd be cool if people thought that. It's just a matter of putting the miles in and working. It's not so much how much talent you have. I hope." - Brian Sell.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift." - Pre

NewFinnLoper
Jerome Drayton

Postby NewFinnLoper » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:46 am

I think you should try it in shorts!!

8)

Awesome job you crazy kook!
22 halfs (PR 1:42:02) :)
5 full (PR 3:48:21)
...and a smattering of adventure and trail races thrown in for good measure!
--------------------------
All running is on hold until further notice .... :0(

dwayne_runs_far
Bill Crothers

Postby dwayne_runs_far » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:05 pm

Thanks all!!! It's been an interesting year for sure.

It all started with some innocent math, figuring out that there were 500 days between Natalie's birthday last year and mine this year (yes, I'm a geek to have even been contemplating that sort of math...). A casual mention led to a devious plan. We started together until Natalie took two horrible spills on some ice during a 17 miler and messed up her hip really bad at around day 80.

The only rule was at least one mile (from the American Streaking Association). My shortest run was 1.35 miles at a very slow pace the day after returning defeated from my 81 mile dnf at Kettle Moraine 100.

The hardest runs to fit in were in the midst of my race director weekends, after marking course at 5am to all the chores around kit pickup etc, I would sometimes be out at 11pm for a quick 2 or 3 miles; only to get up even earlier the next day and do it again.

About 85% of the runs have been outdoors, there were some track sessions last winter and some treadmill runs other days. A good mix of road, trails and races in there too. Two ultras, a bunch of halfs and a few 5 & 10ks for good measure.

Tonight will be a 30 minute trot in the balmy -35 weather we're having.

My daily average is about 5.9 m over the course of the year, the average pace about 8:55 per mile -- those darn ultras really drop your average pace when you're out that long :-)

The planned end is still 500, but who knows how I'll feel about it come the end of May.

Dwayne
I run distance because I want to be in good shape when I die.
--
Friends don't let friends do anything stupid.
Alone.
Blackfoot 2007.

JacSprat
Bill Crothers

Postby JacSprat » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:24 pm

WOW :shock:
Jacqui

------------------------
MyTraining

Iron-North
Jerome Drayton

Postby Iron-North » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:25 pm

super cool !!!!
Always North of something ...

Ironman Cozumel 2014
Vancouver to Inuvik on bike 2014

runcherylrun
Bill Crothers

Postby runcherylrun » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:10 pm

You are my hero !!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats !!

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:17 pm

dwayne_runs_far wrote:
The only rule was at least one mile (from the American Streaking Association).

Hmm, the "streaking" association eh? What exactly are you wearing on these runs? :wink:
Lady of the Order of the Velour Track Suit

lisaannr
Abby Hoffman

Postby lisaannr » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:28 pm

Wow!!! That's amazing. Congratulations Dwayne!!
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer

jgore
Abby Hoffman

Postby jgore » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:35 pm

dwayne_runs_far wrote:My daily average is about 5.9 m ...

5.9 metres?!?!? Now I'm not nearly as impressed. :wink: :D

Congratulations Dwayne.

drghfx
Abby Hoffman

Postby drghfx » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:53 pm

WOW! Good job! Congratulations!

Strider
Jerome Drayton

Postby Strider » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:00 pm

Congrats - it is a amazing accomplishment. Not wanting to let the cat out, but I am aiming for 365 - started Boxing Day.

Also not wanting be belittle this, but not sure if you saw Spaff's post in the year end totals thread. Makes me shake my head.

Running Steak = Christmas Day 2008 marked my 19 consecutive year of running every day without taking a day off (6,946 days in a row as of today).

On Christmas Day, I celebrated 19 years of running every single day without taking a day off. It’s always fun to look back in my training log and see the things that I’ve run through. Some of the more challenging runs I’ve done to keep my running streak alive over the years have included: achilles tendonitis, torn hamstring, ITBS, plantar fasciitis, broken leg, pneumonia, and not to mention all of the everyday things in life that can get in the way.
Help Fight Children's Cancer with Sears Canada and GoodGuysTri - 26 Team Mates, All Running 100km, 1 Goal.
If you have the time please read my participation page and consider a donation.

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:40 pm

wow!

this might be the kick in the butt that IB needs to keep his streak alive! :)
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

West Grey Runner
Bill Crothers

Postby West Grey Runner » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:48 pm

Congratulations Dwayne , that’s quiet an accomplishment.

I have been contemplating doing more back to back runs this year. How has the continuous running benefited you, any drawbacks?

dwayne_runs_far
Bill Crothers

Postby dwayne_runs_far » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:30 pm

strider wrote:Congrats - it is a amazing accomplishment. Not wanting to let the cat out, but I am aiming for 365 - started Boxing Day.

Also not wanting be belittle this, but not sure if you saw Spaff's post in the year end totals thread. Makes me shake my head.

Running Steak = Christmas Day 2008 marked my 19 consecutive year of running every day without taking a day off (6,946 days in a row as of today).

On Christmas Day, I celebrated 19 years of running every single day without taking a day off. It’s always fun to look back in my training log and see the things that I’ve run through. Some of the more challenging runs I’ve done to keep my running streak alive over the years have included: achilles tendonitis, torn hamstring, ITBS, plantar fasciitis, broken leg, pneumonia, and not to mention all of the everyday things in life that can get in the way.

I saw that and figured I'd be 60 when I hit 19 years... might be something then :-) He's the MAN!

Just take it one day at a time and don't stress about it. Get your run out of the way in the morning if you can and you're golden.

West Grey Runner wrote:Congratulations Dwayne , that’s quiet an accomplishment.

I have been contemplating doing more back to back runs this year. How has the continuous running benefited you, any drawbacks?

The benefits have been that I have an excuse to blow off steam on a daily basis especially if it's been a crappy day at work.

I'm one of the lucky ones that is generally smart enough to pull back the intensity if something is sore or achy, but other than a few days of sore legs after some really hard races (ie. two day trail race with a 20 lbs pack) I've never felt better.

The back to back long stuff is where you really find out what you're capable of and how much your body can really take. I was doing four runs on some weekends in March - May in prep for a 100 mile race and felt strong going into the summer racing season.

The only drawbacks have been the extra wear and tear on the washing machine, I'm constantly washing running clothes even though I have a sizeable wardrobe now :-)

Dwayne
I run distance because I want to be in good shape when I die.

--

Friends don't let friends do anything stupid.

Alone.

Blackfoot 2007.

bnn
Jerome Drayton

Postby bnn » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:38 pm

That's inspirational! Congrats :)
Just call me the thread killa

West Grey Runner
Bill Crothers

Postby West Grey Runner » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:04 pm

In addition to 365 days of consecutive running you are also very good at reading between the lines ...

The back to back long stuff is where you really find out what you're capable of and how much your body can really take.

Last year I was doing a weekly 25-30K LSD. This year I am going to change to back to back 21-25K Runs.

getfit
Jerome Drayton

Postby getfit » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:30 pm

Wow Dwayne, I'm truly impressed. I was hoping to do something similar as the new year began. My plan was derailed by day 3 :oops:
"I'm not sufficiently organized or ambitious to do all the things you're supposed to do if you're serious. The more time you spend fiddlediddling with this and that, the less time there is to run." ED WHITLOCK

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:09 pm

Very cool accomplishment Dwayne!

seuss
Kevin Sullivan

Postby seuss » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:10 pm

wow - that's Orange! congratulations.

first 365 of many i hope.
2010 - gone viral?
2011 - mitochondrial mystery tour

tri princess
Bruce Kidd

Postby tri princess » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:38 pm

I am in awe! What commitment and perseverance! Congratulations.
Dissatisfaction is a great starting point, for it is right there that we have the most power, strength, and energy to push change through. ~ David DeNotaris

clocker
Bill Crothers

Wow

Postby clocker » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:50 pm

What a testament to your attention to detail. Getting through the year with consecutive run days indicates your good DNA for this type of thing, but more impressively to me, your capacity to manage your adaptation. A remarkable goal Dwayne. A hearty congratulations.
Ian

Return to “General Running Discussion”