Foot Massage

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

RonPerth
Bruce Kidd

Foot Massage

Postby RonPerth » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:08 pm

Do any of you do it yourselves? I'm thinking in terms of therapeutic, not just 'recreational' massage. Any links to how-to's?

Ron
coyote jogger

moof324
Bill Crothers

Postby moof324 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:16 pm

I don't have any links, but have seen different places online that give a foot chart that shows what massaging each part of the foot is supposed to stimulate in the body--try looking up reflexology charts.
2010: Cautiously coming back from 14 months of injury!
June 12: Race for the Cure 5K, Raleigh
June 26: Legal Run-Around 5K, Wilmington (28:51, PR!)
Jan. 8-9, 2011: Goofy!

Marathon Count: 6
Half Count: 7

NewFinnLoper
Jerome Drayton

Postby NewFinnLoper » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:15 pm

I have a wooden roller with 'lumps' all over it...I place it on the floor and roll my foot over it - concentrating on areas that are sore...I have even used it on a table to stretch out my achilles...It beats trying to contort my body 8) so that I can reach those areas of my feet to massage them...

Also a friend of mine has done "reflexology" on my feet and it is amazing! But she isn't licensed or anything...she just learned by reading about it...
22 halfs (PR 1:42:02) :)
5 full (PR 3:48:21)
...and a smattering of adventure and trail races thrown in for good measure!
--------------------------
All running is on hold until further notice .... :0(

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:19 pm

I have some quotes from Pulp Fiction in my head right now that I shouldn't post.

But to answer your question, I've used the wooden rollers as well, for the same reason as NFL (contortions).
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:23 pm

You got to find yourself a Reflexologist .... Let my Reflexology Certification lapse a few years ago ... :? :?
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

runcherylrun
Bill Crothers

Postby runcherylrun » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:06 pm

HCmD wrote:You got to find yourself a Reflexologist .... Let my Reflexology Certification lapse a few years ago ... :? :?

One of my best friends is a licensed reflexologist - I'm a huge fan & firm believer in it.

I usually get a treatment once a month - unfortunately she's been going thru some tuff times with a detached retinae :( and I haven't had a treatment in a while but hope to get back on track with her soon. :D

Return to “General Running Discussion”