lsd in Edmonton on holiday monday?

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

RonPerth
Bruce Kidd

lsd in Edmonton on holiday monday?

Postby RonPerth » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:58 am

Anybody? I wouldn't mind meeting some of the local fauna and going for a jog.

Ron
coyote jogger

Trailer
Johnny Miles

Re: lsd in Edmonton on holiday monday?

Postby Trailer » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:04 am

Hi RonPerth -

I'm also heading to Edmonton on Monday Morning and hope to do lsd along the river or something in the early-mid afternoon.

Size5 has offered to suggest some routes that might be of interest, but after looking at a city map, there appear to be a combination of trails along both sides of the river that can be woven into what I am hoping is a trail based run.
Lesson one: "Don't fight the trail - take what it gives you. If you have a choice between one step or two between rocks, take three".

Lesson two: "Think Easy, Light, Smooth and Fast." You start with easy, because if that's all you get, that's not so bad.

Born to Run, Christopher McDougall pp. 111

bnn
Jerome Drayton

Postby bnn » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:36 am

sorry I missed this... I would have loved a chance to drop some lsd... oh

I'm hoping you had a happy run through our trails! The Edmonton crowd is pretty quiet lately it seems :)
Just call me the thread killa

RonPerth
Bruce Kidd

Postby RonPerth » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:35 pm

We had a good time, did 11k each way from Kinseman Park. Odd that two Ontarians meet in Edmonton, but its a small world, as they say.

Ron
coyote jogger

bnn
Jerome Drayton

Postby bnn » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:49 pm

RonPerth wrote:We had a good time, did 11k each way from Kinseman Park. Odd that two Ontarians meet in Edmonton, but its a small world, as they say.

Ron

Nice - did you head East or West on the trails?

Trailer
Johnny Miles

Postby Trailer » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:20 pm

We headed East (if my mental compass is working -which is questionable...) along a paved trail with some nice rolling hills and gorgeous views of the river and downtown. It was just enough for me - but I suspect RonPerth would have gladly continued to explore the trail system further.

A perfect way to spend an afternoon.
Lesson one: "Don't fight the trail - take what it gives you. If you have a choice between one step or two between rocks, take three".

Lesson two: "Think Easy, Light, Smooth and Fast." You start with easy, because if that's all you get, that's not so bad.

Born to Run, Christopher McDougall pp. 111

bnn
Jerome Drayton

Postby bnn » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:42 pm

Trailer wrote:We headed East (if my mental compass is working -which is questionable...) along a paved trail with some nice rolling hills and gorgeous views of the river and downtown. It was just enough for me - but I suspect RonPerth would have gladly continued to explore the trail system further.

A perfect way to spend an afternoon.

We do have some excellent trails here. My faves are west from Kinsmen off the pavement... :) Glad you had a nice time :)

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:02 am

My favourite is east, but on the north side of the river. Parts of it are still paved but eventually you get some *real* trails. Another great way to go is south into the whitemud ravine... very pretty down there! :)
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Return to “General Running Discussion”