Lazy THURSDAY

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

runJrun
Bill Crothers

Re: Lazy THURSDAY

Postby runJrun » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:50 am

Planning on 10km at lunch in the sun (hopefully). Tonight going to see Bon Jovi :) Should be interesting, I have not listened to him much since I was about 11. Considering crimping my hair, lol.

Have a great day maniacs!!
Jocelyn

I run because it's my passion, and not just a sport. Every time I walk out the door, I know why I'm going where I'm going and I'm already focused on that special place where I find my peace and solitude. Running, to me, is more than just a physical exercise...it's a consistent reward for victory!
- Sasha Azevedo

Hammie
Jerome Drayton

Postby Hammie » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:52 am

6km on the TM this morning - was supposed to be longer, but my bed kept pulling me back in every time I tried to get up :wink: . I was glad I was on the TM, not outside, because my favourite pair of running capris decided that they had had enough, and started unravelling at the seams at around 5.5km!
2014: the year of new awesomeness!
Rogers Insurance Run for L'Arche Half March 22 - done
Calgary Marathon Wild Rose 50k June 1 - done
Stampede Road Race 5k July 6 - done
Magrath sprint tri July 12 - done!!
Jog for the Bog 10k July 27 - done
Seawheeze Half Marathon August 23 - done
Subaru Banff Sprint Triathlon September 6 - done
Blitz Duathlon September 21 - registered
Portland Marathon October 5 - registered

Joe Dwarf
Bill Crothers

Postby Joe Dwarf » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:53 am

Tired from yesterday's double of HM pace run and kendo, glad only 30 minutes easy scheduled for today.

ratherBrunning
Jerome Drayton

Postby ratherBrunning » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:58 am

Neil wrote:Started the day with an easy 8.6K, 5.6K on trails (two loops of Old Quarry Trail). First run in my new La Sportiva Crosslites - great shoe. Came close to four deer including two fawns with their spots. A beautiful morning. 8)

:D

Took my WildCats out for a 7 km trail trial... Very nice. Visited all the places I used to hike, bike and run with the kids -- fun!
Louise

fe.RMT
Jerome Drayton

Postby fe.RMT » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:05 am

Lane swim was pretty good. I was pretty crowded for 9:30 on a weekday (adults only for this time, so no one there with school kids on break). But it's free to get in and 25 cents for a locker. So it'll do for sure.

Swam 1000 yards (assuming the pool is 25 yards). It was harder than I thought it would be.
The rumours are true......

2013:
Thanksgiving Day 5k: 27:26

Coming up:
ORW Half Marathon
NYC Marathon 2014

BaldGuy
Jerome Drayton

Postby BaldGuy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:24 am

I ran 4K in 25:00 this morning. Sunny and hot on the Boardwalk, but it was nice to change it up and get down by the water. First run over 3K since starting over again. Dealing with the heat surprisingly well -- I don't really enjoy running in the summer, but it's so much better than NOT running (and I have a lot of experience at that, lately).
BG

Samantha
Donovan Bailey

Postby Samantha » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:28 am

runJrun wrote: Tonight going to see Bon Jovi :) Should be interesting,

Have fun! His concerts are great! :) Hope you don't get rained on.

CinC
Lynn Williams

Postby CinC » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:31 am

Hammie - that would have been quite the sight if your capris fell off you on the pathway! ha!

runJrun - the reviews of Mr Jovi were quite good from the Calgary show. Go on and give love a bad name.

consider the number of beverages I consumed last evening at a Stampede event (3 Doors Down and Lynard Skynard were playing), I got to the pool this morning for 6:30am and got in a 1500m swim. Will run later today - just a 30-45min run.
Race Hard. Race Happy.

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:35 am

Oh, so tired today. I just don't have the energy to do anything. I will bake cupcakes tonight, instead! :D

Last night, I ran for 45 minutes with BG1 (she'd already run for an hour). We had a good pace going and the heat wasn't too bad.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

chunkymonkeymelonhed
Lynn Williams

Postby chunkymonkeymelonhed » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:37 am

1 hour nice and easy later today. Only experiencing mild discomfort after unscheduled tooth extraction yesterday. My cheek is quite swollen, I look like a lopsided chipmunk.
Have not taken any pain killers since extraction time yesterday so I 'think' everything is settling down.

Looking forward to the run, trying to think of somewhere 'new' to go as I'm getting tired of my regular 1 hour route.
On the books for 2017:
50th Birthday!!
Boston Marathon- April 17th what a day- DREAM COME TRUE :dance:
Run for Water 10K- May 28th
Scotia Half - June 25th
Trail River Run half marathon- Sept. 30- CANCELLED
MEC 10K Race 10- Nov. 5

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:38 am

La wrote:Oh, so tired today. I just don't have the energy to do anything. I will bake cupcakes tonight, instead!

mmm cupcakes.

I haven't run since Sunday. :oops: I keep meaning to but have been so exhausted... so instead I've been catching up on stuff that I've been neglecting for the past few months (including sleep, haircut, cleaning, etc.). I'll try to run tonight if it's not too late after getting home from Sammy's vaccinations.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:53 am

CinC wrote:consider the number of beverages I consumed last evening at a Stampede event (3 Doors Down and Lynard Skynard were playing), I got to the pool this morning for 6:30am and got in a 1500m swim. Will run later today - just a 30-45min run.

I think you need to change your name to HardCoreCarla!
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

ratherBrunning
Jerome Drayton

Postby ratherBrunning » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:14 am

Irongirl wrote:My legs are so tired today!! I tossed and turned a lot last night because they were sore!

I took my clinic out for a hill training workout last night, and, although I only did a total of 1 hill (I did 2, but, only ran the first half of the 2), my legs feel shot!

It was about 7.5 km overall though.....that could be part of it!

You are amazing, Kiza! :D
Louise

Mouse
Bill Crothers

Postby Mouse » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:30 am

First I hope your FIL is doing better Loren...
Second just had to come post about my AWESOME 10 MIle run this morning. I don't usually do my long run on a week day, but due to trip, and meetings, and having today off this is where it fit in. Tuesday's are my interval workout night, with Wednesday as a rest day. Well Tuesday's intervals didn't happen due to CT Scan and having to fast, due to dye/ink injection via an IV. Then the big rain storm, couldn't run on an empty stomach, and then it was too windy, and we had a weather watch happening.
On Wednesday I ran 6 miles doing 10/1's with one of the girls from my 1/2 clinic,my legs felt heavy, I'm sure it was from the race in the windy, sand on Sunday. We ran 1:15:31, it wasn't about the time, it was the distance, and had a great catch up visit.... Thanks Trish.
This morning I'm going to do my long run. Get up the temp is 15 with 93% humidity. I usually don't do great in high humidty because of asthma. I would be doing it solo. Decided that I was going to try and run at least 30:00 before I took water. Yay got to the tracks at 30:02, kept on running, no stop. Wonder if I can get to the gate by 45:00, no, just a tad over. Still feeling strong, it's okay. Get to the duck pond 53:22. (turn around point)
Stop for a quick pee, take a gel, I know it's only 10 miles, but due to the eating issues, I need to know that I have some fuel to help keep me going....
Okay lets head er back to home. Feeling surprised that I ran this with out stopping, made me happy, there's that silly smirk again. Hey don't get to cockey the run isn't done yet. Running back I keep doing the positive self talk, keep focus on the task at hand, don't let the mind wonder. Hey no negativity on this run, get lost. No you're not to hot, no you don't need a walk break, no yu don't ned a water break. You're doing fine. Hey remember what Heather just did, this is way easier than what she did, Thanks for the inspiration girlie....Okay when you get to Harrow you can have a drink if you must, stop long enought to get the water down and move your ass, not far to home now. Okay two more street lights to get thru. Crap this one's red. Oh not for long, thanks. Past the last light and three blacks to go. Feeling stong, and excited that I ran a6 mile, yesterday and this today. Okay I'm home stop the watch, 1:45:33. I just ran a negative split for a 10 mile training run. That smirk is back, and this time I think it might just be here for the day..... Temp at end 19 with 73% humidity. Wow what a great start to my day!!!!! Hoping everyone has a good one.
Mouse
The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter. - Mark Twain

purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Postby purdy65 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:57 pm

Nicely done Mouse! :dance: :dance:
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog! 11K Marker post - 2010 ATB.

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

runlolarun
Tom Longboat

Postby runlolarun » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:08 pm

Great run Mouse!

Lorne, how scary, I hope your FIL is better soon. I totally hear you for system upgrades - I have gone through 4 enterprise system (2000 users +)
in the last 18 months, I have another one (5000 users) coming up this fall.

It's the third day in a row that I got up and hit the road early - today I did it without lollygagging either, so was on the road by 4:45am. Did just over
6K @ 6.04 pace - that's pretty darn fast for me. Have a great rest of the day all.
"Why, sometimes I have believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast".
Lewis Carroll

Darth Tater
Lynn Williams

Postby Darth Tater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:42 pm

Lorne - hoping for the best for your father-in-law.

Mouse - nice run!

Me - I went out for a run at lunch today - 6.98 km in 41:14 (5:55/km). Harder than I remember, but I'll take it.
Darth Tater

"Wherever you go, there you are."

runJrun
Bill Crothers

Postby runJrun » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:59 pm

runJrun wrote:Planning on 10km at lunch in the sun (hopefully). Tonight going to see Bon Jovi :) Should be interesting, I have not listened to him much since I was about 11. Considering crimping my hair, lol.

So I had an encounter with wildlife today….. went on my normal run at lunch and was minding my own business when out of the corner of my eye a hawk appeared and proceeded to swoop down and hit me in the head. I looked up and the hawk was making another attempt to attack me. Ducked down and ran off as fast as possible with a bit of a yelp. Ouch! Ridiculous and scary!!
Jocelyn

I run because it's my passion, and not just a sport. Every time I walk out the door, I know why I'm going where I'm going and I'm already focused on that special place where I find my peace and solitude. Running, to me, is more than just a physical exercise...it's a consistent reward for victory!

- Sasha Azevedo

Darth Tater
Lynn Williams

Postby Darth Tater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:44 pm

runJrun wrote:
runJrun wrote:Planning on 10km at lunch in the sun (hopefully). Tonight going to see Bon Jovi :) Should be interesting, I have not listened to him much since I was about 11. Considering crimping my hair, lol.

So I had an encounter with wildlife today….. went on my normal run at lunch and was minding my own business when out of the corner of my eye a hawk appeared and proceeded to swoop down and hit me in the head. I looked up and the hawk was making another attempt to attack me. Ducked down and ran off as fast as possible with a bit of a yelp. Ouch! Ridiculous and scary!!

:shock:

Wow, that's pretty freaky!
Darth Tater

barebuns1
Bill Crothers

Postby barebuns1 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:15 pm

I am going for a run later here in Edmonton. I am spending a couple of days here before I head out to Wainwright for the Battle River runs.
If you have to ask me why I Run, You probably wouldn't understand!

runJrun
Bill Crothers

Postby runJrun » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:21 pm

Darth Tater wrote:
runJrun wrote:

:shock:

Wow, that's pretty freaky!

Scared me pretty good and now I have a headache.
Jocelyn

- Sasha Azevedo

Darth Tater
Lynn Williams

Postby Darth Tater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:25 pm

runJrun wrote:Scared me pretty good and now I have a headache.

:(

Take care of yourself!
Darth Tater

toobusy
Jerome Drayton

Lazy THURSDAY

Postby toobusy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:52 pm

6.4k @7:47 TM today

mcshame
Sylvia Ruegger

Postby mcshame » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:59 pm

Just to let everyone know my FIL is is perfect today, he just can't remember anything from yesterday. Actually, near the end of the day, his memory retention was starting to kick back in and he could remember the hospital food (that it was awful). A great memory to have!

Darth Tater
Lynn Williams

Postby Darth Tater » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:06 pm

mcshame wrote:Just to let everyone know my FIL is is perfect today, he just can't remember anything from yesterday. Actually, near the end of the day, his memory retention was starting to kick back in and he could remember the hospital food (that it was awful). A great memory to have!

Glad to hear this Lorne!
Darth Tater

Return to “General Running Discussion”