Lazy THURSDAY

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Kelodie
Kevin Sullivan

Lazy THURSDAY

Postby Kelodie » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:38 am

No daily thread yet? :D

Too bad I have nothing interesting to mention for today. Bike commute and ART appointment for me.
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer
"Have a little faith in yourself and watch the magic begin" - Ironboy

Plans for 2014:
Run for Women 5K, May 11
Ottawa Race Weekend 10K, May 24

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Re: Lazy THURSDAY

Postby Dr. S » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:59 am

Morning Claudie,

rest day here and will enjoy it to the fullest!

Have a good one!
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

orleansrunner1962
Jerome Drayton

Postby orleansrunner1962 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:08 am

8.3 km done - Z1 -- good run - sunny and warm :D
2014:
Mar - Around the Bay 30 km - Done
May - Sulphur Spring 100 miler - DNS
Sept - Army HM
Sept/Oct - 50 miler
Oct - Pace Bunny - Toronto Scotia Waterfront
Dec - Reggae Marathon in Jamaica

JacSprat
Bill Crothers

Postby JacSprat » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:10 am

One way and a bit bike commute for me - so 31km.
I got followed by a dog this morning. It was running behind me so I picked up the pace as fast as I could go and it fell behind but didn't give up - running along as fast as it could go...in the middle of the road. I imagined arriving at work with a dog :shock: , or worse having it give up and be miles from home (assuming it has a home). So I stopped and tried to figure out what to do, and while I was :think: it crosssed the road to investigate a ditch...so I snuck off :shifty:
Poor thing. It was a nice dog. Be great to run with! :lol:

Have a good day everyone!
Jacqui

------------------------
MyTraining

mcshame
Sylvia Ruegger

Postby mcshame » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:28 am

I had a dog run home with me once. Gave it water and drove it back home afterwards...

I said yesterday was going to be a miserable day, and it was much worse than I could have imagined. Michelle dad spent the day in the hospital with global transient amnesia. We thought it was a stroke but it wasn't. It is a very very scary condition but will just go away after 24-48 hours except you will never remember that day in your life. The brain is a wild thing!

Completely wrecked this week and it's not over yet, IT system implementation this weekend.

16.2k @ 4:50. Didn't have much kick but got it done. Here's hoping for a better day.

JacSprat
Bill Crothers

Postby JacSprat » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:37 am

mcshame wrote:Michelle dad spent the day in the hospital with global transient amnesia. We thought it was a stroke but it wasn't. It is a very very scary condition but will just go away after 24-48 hours except you will never remember that day in your life. The brain is a wild thing!

Sounds very scary. Hope he gets better soon.
Jacqui

------------------------

MyTraining

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:43 am

Had a nice 6.53K Progression / Tempo type run this morning in the 'hoods of Kanata in my Brooks Green Silence ... Ran the middle 5K in about 22:18 after an easy 1K warmup ... in a nice balmy 20C / 30C humidex at 5am :shock: ... then headed to the Club for a much deserved 30 minutes of r&r in the chair .... 8)
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Strider
Jerome Drayton

Postby Strider » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:00 am

HCmD wrote:Had a nice 6.53K Progression / Tempo type run this morning in the 'hoods of Kanata in my Brooks Green Silence ...

Hey!! I just got a pair of those yesterday. How did you find your orthotics fit in them? The foot bed seems a little narrow and mine seemed to stretch the fabric at the side.

4x1.15km trail intervals this morning, good times!
Help Fight Children's Cancer with Sears Canada and GoodGuysTri - 26 Team Mates, All Running 100km, 1 Goal.
If you have the time please read my participation page and consider a donation.

erinmcd
Bill Crothers

Postby erinmcd » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:04 am

Beautiful morning out there.
15.6k progression run done. Just under 5 mins/k for the first 6, picked it up to about 4:40 for the next 3, then 5k @ 4:22, then a slow cool down for the last km. All together was on the road 1:11.
Keep on rolling, just a mile to go. Keep on rolling my old buddy, you're moving much too slow.

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:12 am

Strider wrote:
HCmD wrote:Had a nice 6.53K Progression / Tempo type run this morning in the 'hoods of Kanata in my Brooks Green Silence ...

Hey!! I just got a pair of those yesterday. How did you find your orthotics fit in them? The foot bed seems a little narrow and mine seemed to stretch the fabric at the side.

4x1.15km trail intervals this morning, good times!

Same here, but pretty well fit the same in all my shoes, with my orthotics, as I tend to wear Mizunos and been playing with different light racing trainers / flats ... I've been wearing the D-Soles (Dean Kanarzes one) in my other shoes (Ronins / ST-4) and switching out my orthotics with my other shoes, Elixers 4 and 5, as of late ... which seems to have a wider/straighter "last" than the Green Silence ....

Where did you get yours from? I bought mine directly from Brooks via EPP program at store ... 8) :wink: :mrgreen:

Strider
Jerome Drayton

Postby Strider » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:25 am

HCmD wrote:Same here, but pretty well fit the same in all my shoes, with my orthotics, as I tend to wear Mizunos and been playing with different light racing trainers / flats ... I've been wearing the D-Soles (Dean Kanarzes one) in my other shoes (Ronins / ST-4) and switching out my orthotics with my other shoes, Elixers 4 and 5, as of late ... which seems to have a wider/straighter "last" than the Green Silence ....

Where did you get yours from? I bought mine directly from Brooks via EPP program at store ... 8) :wink: :mrgreen:

I don't have any problem with them in my Ronins but the Greens seemed narrower, but like I said just got them yesterday so still need to play with them a bit. I got mine from Holabird.
Help Fight Children's Cancer with Sears Canada and GoodGuysTri - 26 Team Mates, All Running 100km, 1 Goal.
If you have the time please read my participation page and consider a donation.

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:27 am

Strider wrote:
HCmD wrote:Same here, but pretty well fit the same in all my shoes, with my orthotics, as I tend to wear Mizunos and been playing with different light racing trainers / flats ... I've been wearing the D-Soles (Dean Kanarzes one) in my other shoes (Ronins / ST-4) and switching out my orthotics with my other shoes, Elixers 4 and 5, as of late ... which seems to have a wider/straighter "last" than the Green Silence ....

I don't have any problem with them in my Ronins but the Greens seemed narrower, but like I said just got them yesterday so still need to play with them a bit. I got mine from Holabird.

Yep, because of the asysmetric (sp??) lacing system, I found that once I dialed in on them, had to stop once or twice to re-tie them, everything felt good-to-go ...

If you have a chance, you may want to try the new Saucony Kinvara's ... :wink:

eta: I should buy a couple more from Brooks, sooner than later, eh !! :eh: :shifty:

purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Postby purdy65 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:32 am

Good Morning!

14.5K run commute in 1hr26m. VERY nice. I beat the heat! It's going to be a scorcher out there again today!

Lisa
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog! 11K Marker post - 2010 ATB.

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

Miss*Smiles
Lynn Williams

Postby Miss*Smiles » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:33 am

Lorne - I am sorry to hear about Michelle's father. I hope you are all doing ok!!

Today is an unknown. I was hoping to run tonight but a friend wants to go out for *$ with me after work, and I have a pile of chores to do since I was away from home for the weekend. Why doesn't laundry get done on it's own? And why doesn't the bathroom clean itself? :?

:lol:

Aside from that, I might be able to sneak in a run between loads of laundry :D

Hopefully I don't melt!
Stay hydrated everyone!!
When your legs get tired, run with your heart.

Overcome the notion that you must be regular. It robs you of your chance to be extraordinary.

a-slow-5
Jerome Drayton

Postby a-slow-5 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:35 am

Sending all the best to Michelle and family for your Dad.

VERY lazy day for me. No work out scheduled.
Treat a child as though she already is the person she's capable of becoming. - Haim Ginott
Keep going. Never give up. - Spencer Dolling
Run like hell, feel like hell, look like hell! - Nick
It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you have. - Cheryl Crow

fe.RMT
Jerome Drayton

Postby fe.RMT » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:36 am

I'm heading out to see what passes for 'lane swimming' at my local outdoor pool. If there's lane ropes I"ll be happy.
The rumours are true......

2013:
Thanksgiving Day 5k: 27:26

Coming up:
ORW Half Marathon
NYC Marathon 2014

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:54 am

My legs are so tired today!! I tossed and turned a lot last night because they were sore!

I took my clinic out for a hill training workout last night, and, although I only did a total of 1 hill (I did 2, but, only ran the first half of the 2), my legs feel shot!

It was about 7.5 km overall though.....that could be part of it!
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

ROW
Bill Crothers

Postby ROW » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:59 am

Tired from last nights workout.

PM 1: 60-90 min ride

PM 2: 60 min swim

PM 3: 25-45 minute run with some strides.

blank
Bill Crothers

Postby blank » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:16 am

Started the day with an easy 8.6K, 5.6K on trails (two loops of Old Quarry Trail). First run in my new La Sportiva Crosslites - great shoe. Came close to four deer including two fawns with their spots. A beautiful morning. 8)

Bebette
Bill Crothers

Postby Bebette » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:30 am

Came back yesterday from Switzerland and France. I wish I could have stayed longer...

Today, back to marathon training: 8 hills plus warmup and cool-down, about 10k total.

Tomorrow, I go back to work. I am not looking forward to it.

Sending vibes to your FIL, McShame.
I run because it's fun.

In another life:
3 marathons including Boston twice (PB: 3:47), 6 halfs (PB: 1:45), 6 10k (PB: 46:41) and 3 5ks (PB: 21:00)

LadyV
Bill Crothers

Postby LadyV » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:55 am

Today, is tempo run day, my favorite...(NOT!)
45 minutes -
I am really bad with tempo runs - I never know which pace, for how long...how fast the warm up...

I just bought my new Asics shoes (GT 2150) - I chose them black :twisted: it is the first time in 15 years of running I get a pair of black running shoes - gives a mean look and I like it :twisted:
"Don't have time for a run? Go for a run' (Marc Remy - RW)
www.itsmyrun.com

BJH
Lynn Williams

Postby BJH » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:10 am

Work got in the way of a couple of runs earlier this week, but I did a 9.3k run commute this morning.
The road to hell is paved. Run trails.

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:12 am

VERY easy jog this morning to loosen up my (sore!) legs. Just under 5K done in just under a half hour.
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:43 am

Rest day and dinner out tonight.
Itching to run :? Tomorrow is another day.

I missed Santana last night... I just couldn't lift my butt off the couch to head over to BluesFest and I'm kicking myself for it today.
Well I still have a few other performers to try to make an effort to see. :oops:
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

msdesigner
Jerome Drayton

Postby msdesigner » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:47 am

It's been a crazy morning at this office - we are packing for our move to the new building. Yeah, I commuted via the Qwy for the last time!!! :dance:

I feel great after last night's mid week long run (17 km). Not sure I will get a run in today as I will be busy getting ready for my weekend at the Sandbanks. If the sunshine holds, I will be stayer longer!

Have a great one!!
Running 26.2 miles is not limited by physical capabilities but rather by the mind.
Uta Pippig

Return to “General Running Discussion”