Flying Friday

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

mcshame
Sylvia Ruegger

Flying Friday

Postby mcshame » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:08 am

Holy smoke Batman. 18k @ 4:31 10k tempo @ 4:21 8) Yah baby! I nearly beat my 10k PB on this tempo. Heading to Vermont tomorrow for a week of fun with the family and running on HILLS.
Last edited by mcshame on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Re: Flying Friday

Postby HCcD » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:15 am

mcshame wrote:Holly smoke Batman. 18k @ 4:31 10k tempo @ 4:21 8) Yah baby! I nearly beat my 10k PB on this tempo. Heading to Vermont tomorrow for a week of fun with the family and running on HILLS.

:shock: :shock: Friggin' crazy, dude !!!! :dance: :wink: Makes my 12K Progressive Tempo Run this morning so paltry :? :oops: :wink:

Another vacation? Didn't you just come back from a week of fun? :think: :think: :think:

Safe travels, Laura, and to everyone else travelling today / this weekend, to their respective destinations, whether for races and/or for pleasure ... :P
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

mcshame
Sylvia Ruegger

Postby mcshame » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:21 am

HCmD wrote:Another vacation? Didn't you just come back from a week of fun? :think: :think: :think:

I took 2 day with my weekend last week for a dress fitting (daughter) in TO and 2 days of Canada Wonderland. It was nice, but with 2 days driving, it was short. 1 full week in Stowe will be a true vacation
Last edited by mcshame on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:26 am

Soccer tonight.....I think we even have some subs.
Nicholas

Events in 2018
Walking, Yoga, Soccer scrimmages and whatever else I can do
Hip replacement on September 10....now doing a variation of the None to Run plan

erinmcd
Bill Crothers

Postby erinmcd » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:00 am

7.5k recovery run this morning. Beautiful day out there- nice and cool. Was great to get back from a run not completely drenched in sweat.
Keep on rolling, just a mile to go. Keep on rolling my old buddy, you're moving much too slow.

fe.RMT
Jerome Drayton

Postby fe.RMT » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:31 am

another light, easy 4K. Cooler, but still pretty humid out there! I work 1 - 9:30 tonight... I'm tired already.
The rumours are true......

2013:
Thanksgiving Day 5k: 27:26

Coming up:
ORW Half Marathon
NYC Marathon 2014

orleansrunner1962
Jerome Drayton

Postby orleansrunner1962 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:40 am

24 km done this a.m. at 5:42 avg pace -- nice run commute to work.... great morning..... :D
2014:
Mar - Around the Bay 30 km - Done
May - Sulphur Spring 100 miler - DNS
Sept - Army HM
Sept/Oct - 50 miler
Oct - Pace Bunny - Toronto Scotia Waterfront
Dec - Reggae Marathon in Jamaica

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:52 am

Final boot camp done this morning. Details are in my log: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=30262&start=1031

:D
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

Miss*Smiles
Lynn Williams

Postby Miss*Smiles » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:00 am

WOW!!!! GREAT JOB LA!!!

Today is a rest day - maybe a long walk by the canal tonight but nothing planned and set in stone. Enjoy your friday friends, and safe travels and good luck to those who need it!
When your legs get tired, run with your heart.

Overcome the notion that you must be regular. It robs you of your chance to be extraordinary.

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:06 am

Awesome job Lorne and La! Lorne, seriously you should leave the garmin at home for that 20K race, or at least just use it as a watch. That has got to be pretty close to your pace for that distance, maybe even faster! :shock:
I'm heading out shortly for a run with 2 x 10 minutes hard. I don't usually do these in the morning. Yeah it's not that early, but I run way better in the afternoon/evening. We'll see!
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

AirForceRunner
Bill Crothers

Postby AirForceRunner » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:41 am

mcshame wrote:Holy smoke Batman. 18k @ 4:31 10k tempo @ 4:21 8) Yah baby! I nearly beat my 10k PB on this tempo. Heading to Vermont tomorrow for a week of fun with the family and running on HILLS.

Wow dude!!! You keep laying down runs like this, we'll have to change your user name to Lornie-T. :lol:
(god I hope Robbie doesn't read this....it'll go straight to his head) :lol:
http://www.itsmyrun.com/?display=myrace ... orceRunner

2011 Wishlist
Sulphur Springs 50 miler
Dirty Girls 12 hr night run
Haliburton 100 miler (gulp!)

"Try the meditation of the trail, just walk along looking at the trail at your feet and don't look about and just fall into a trance as the ground zips by..."
-Jack Kerouac

"I am no longer a runner, I am now a father who runs. I will let the running come to me and I will make the most of every km I am fortunate enough to receive."
-Smack

starflower
Tom Longboat

Postby starflower » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:44 am

Great job, La! That's an awesome improvement!

Just got back from a 20k LSD, with a chunk of it on the route for the 9 Run Run Half in October.

I'll be thinking of you at work this afternoon, Terri - I'm working 1-9.
Rebecca

VeloCarrie
Abby Hoffman

Postby VeloCarrie » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:15 am

Haven't updated in awhile - I'm deep in the bush of Northern Ontario. Great 3G reception however, even if the maternal parental unit curses at her 'dial-up' (whatever that is - LOL).

Been doing about 6K trail runs on logging roads everyday. The dogs are LOVING IT. I made a promise to my RMT to REST the hip with short runs this week. It is slowly getting better and the shorter runs this week are making me feel a bit more confident that the end is near to this hip injury.

I haven't run into any bear or wolf tracks or sightings since I have been back on the trails (unlike last time I was here), but a lot of deer looking at me curiously and moose tracks have followed me on some out-and-back trails. One moose track was on top of mine on the way back and it was huge. :shock: I haven't noticed any pain while running and I haven't lost any fitness that I can feel. The dogs, however . . . . :lol:
Running is cheaper than therapy and I need a lot of therapy.

I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good. ~Harry Potter
Get off the friggin' assfalt and run dirt. ~Strider

What doesn't kill me will only make me stronger.

CinC
Lynn Williams

Postby CinC » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:29 am

Will run home from work today. that's it!
Race Hard. Race Happy.

chunkymonkeymelonhed
Lynn Williams

Postby chunkymonkeymelonhed » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:38 am

Rest day today.
On the books for 2017:
50th Birthday!!
Boston Marathon- April 17th what a day- DREAM COME TRUE :dance:
Run for Water 10K- May 28th
Scotia Half - June 25th
Trail River Run half marathon- Sept. 30- CANCELLED
MEC 10K Race 10- Nov. 5

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:43 am

Trail Child wrote:One moose track was on top of mine on the way back and it was huge. :shock:

Is it rutting season?
Nicholas

Events in 2018
Walking, Yoga, Soccer scrimmages and whatever else I can do
Hip replacement on September 10....now doing a variation of the None to Run plan

VeloCarrie
Abby Hoffman

Postby VeloCarrie » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:55 am

Nick wrote:
Trail Child wrote:One moose track was on top of mine on the way back and it was huge. :shock:

Is it rutting season?

I'm really hoping it's not because I can guarantee I can't outrun the damn thing. :shock:
Running is cheaper than therapy and I need a lot of therapy.

I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good. ~Harry Potter
Get off the friggin' assfalt and run dirt. ~Strider

What doesn't kill me will only make me stronger.

mcshame
Sylvia Ruegger

Postby mcshame » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:03 am

QuickChick wrote: Lorne, seriously you should leave the garmin at home for that 20K race, or at least just use it as a watch.

20k race is out. I can't possibly get all the kids up and stuff out of the house by 4:30 AM on Saturday. It's too bad, I'll have to find something else, I got 2 10k races planed in the sched, I could try to fit a 21k in but I don't know...

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:30 am

That's too bad Lorne... I hope you can find something.
My run was OK- I definitely do run better in the evening, and I missed my running buddy Runningwild who is much more motivating than my iPod! My first 10:00 stretch was at a 4:19 pace, and my second was at a 4:24 pace. Ah well, it's done. 11K in total.
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:30 am

Something speedy at lunch. Or perhaps on the treadmill if I can't get the motivation to outside in the rain.

Off to the Shuswap sunday for a week!

kpoire
Bill Crothers

Postby kpoire » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:37 am

First bike commute to work this morning and home again tonight. Loved it in the woods and not too may people on the trails until I got to the Ottawa side. Somewhere around 24km... I think. Will measure with Garmin on the way home tonight. It took me longer by car yesterday...

Have a great day everyone!

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:23 am

mjkg wrote:First bike commute to work this morning and home again tonight. Loved it in the woods and not too may people on the trails until I got to the Ottawa side. Somewhere around 24km... I think. Will measure with Garmin on the way home tonight. It took me longer by car yesterday...

Ah, so you're back! How did you end up settling on QC over ON as a place to live?
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

runJrun
Bill Crothers

Postby runJrun » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:58 am

2000m swim done this morning, felt fantastic and I could have kept going.

Looking forward to a relaxing evening tonight! Happy Friday maniacs.
Jocelyn

I run because it's my passion, and not just a sport. Every time I walk out the door, I know why I'm going where I'm going and I'm already focused on that special place where I find my peace and solitude. Running, to me, is more than just a physical exercise...it's a consistent reward for victory!
- Sasha Azevedo

kpoire
Bill Crothers

Postby kpoire » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:03 pm

La wrote:
mjkg wrote:First bike commute to work this morning and home again tonight. Loved it in the woods and not too may people on the trails until I got to the Ottawa side. Somewhere around 24km... I think. Will measure with Garmin on the way home tonight. It took me longer by car yesterday...

Ah, so you're back! How did you end up settling on QC over ON as a place to live?

We weighed a lot of factors (income taxes, commute, electricity prices, beer prices, locations of boulangeries ;-) ) but I think the deciding factor was we could get more house for a lot less than in Ottawa. We have been in our house for two days now and we are so pleased with our decision.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:41 pm

10 miles done at lsd pace. Lovely morning for a run, though it was starting to feel hot towards the end.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Return to “General Running Discussion”