Thundering Thursday

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

ROW
Bill Crothers

Thundering Thursday

Postby ROW » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:08 am

I hope not.

First 6km xc race today at Springbank in London today. Gotta put my head down and just hammer away. Wish me luck.

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Re: Thundering Thursday

Postby HCcD » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:14 am

Put the down hammer, ROW ... and, gotta go for that puking feeling, and leave it all out there, but, only after you cross the finish line, 'k .. :shock: :lol: :wink:

Had a great nice and relaxing 10K run with Marg along the Canal to Bank St. Bridge and back this morning .. Now, if only we could have this nice and gorgeous 13C for the next 2-3 months in the Nation's Capital, I would be grateful ...
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:23 am

HCmD wrote:Put the down hammer, ROW ... and, gotta go for that puking feeling, and leave it all out there, but, only after you cross the finish line, 'k .. :shock: :lol: :wink:

Had a great nice and relaxing 10K run with Marg along the Canal to Bank St. Bridge and back this morning .. Now, if only we could have this nice and gorgeous 13C for the next 2-3 months in the Nation's Capital, I would be grateful ...

Thanks buddy, your bear paw awaits. :)
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

kpoire
Bill Crothers

Postby kpoire » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:31 am

Nice weather for cycling this morning. I suspect that won't be the case when I go for a run at lunch nor for the cycle home...

Have a great day everyone!

erinmcd
Bill Crothers

Postby erinmcd » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:57 am

Rest day for me.
Wore my new compression shorts around the house last night. I thought I looked the part of the suave, young speedster in them, but when I asked Mrs McD for her opinion, this is the response I got- :roll: - particularly when I suggested that I might like to wear them to the beach.
Keep on rolling, just a mile to go. Keep on rolling my old buddy, you're moving much too slow.

purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Postby purdy65 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:06 am

Tempo ... Uh Thursday!

8.0K with 6.5K@ tempo pace!

Felt great but short!

Taper craziness.

Lisa
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog! 11K Marker post - 2010 ATB.

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:11 am

erinmcd wrote:Rest day for me.
Wore my new compression shorts around the house last night. I thought I looked the part of the suave, young speedster in them, but when I asked Mrs McD for her opinion, this is the response I got- :roll: - particularly when I suggested that I might like to wear them to the beach.

:lol: :lol: I would probably have the same response if my DH offered to wear compression shorts to the beach.

Busy at our house tonight with another round of chiro and zone testing for me.

Miss*Smiles
Lynn Williams

Postby Miss*Smiles » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:31 am

Boot camp was brutal last night.
I didn't lose any inches, except off my bum (which believe me, isn't necessary :roll: ), but I can tell the difference in my body which is good enough for me!! :D

Looking forward to a night of R&R.

Have a great day everyone!!
When your legs get tired, run with your heart.

Overcome the notion that you must be regular. It robs you of your chance to be extraordinary.

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:00 am

Marg wrote:
HCmD wrote:Put the down hammer, ROW ... and, gotta go for that puking feeling, and leave it all out there, but, only after you cross the finish line, 'k .. :shock: :lol: :wink:

Thanks buddy, your bear paw awaits. :)

Marg is the Bestest Running Partner, Ever !!! (and, not just because she brings me bear paws) ... :shifty: :wink: :oops: :mrgreen:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

BJH
Lynn Williams

Postby BJH » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:01 am

9.3k run commute this morning.
The road to hell is paved. Run trails.

PinkLady
Bill Crothers

Postby PinkLady » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:01 am

Miss*Smiles wrote:Boot camp was brutal last night.
I didn't lose any inches, except off my bum (which believe me, isn't necessary :roll: ), but I can tell the difference in my body which is good enough for me!! :D

:lol: :lol: I thought I was the only one who whined about losing my butt! I keep losing it off my bum, it's so bone-y now even my husband remarks on it. Gee thanks, dear. Now why can't I lose more off my thighs?? It sucks, all my pants are falling off me because I have no hips to speak of anymore. Grrr.

More pool running for me tonight. Never did get to try using the shuffle during my last pool workout, so we'll see if I manage not to drop it in the water tonight.
Sandra...Air Force wife & Professional Kid Wrangler...I knit to stay sane, I run to eat!
2012 - year of perseverance, endurance, survival, and earning blackmail material for life. :D
My running log: http://www.runningmania.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=44092

PB's:
Army Run HM (Sep 18, 2011) - 1:55:14

purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Postby purdy65 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:04 am

PinkLady wrote:

:lol: :lol: I thought I was the only one who whined about losing my butt! I keep losing it off my bum, it's so bone-y now even my husband remarks on it. Gee thanks, dear. Now why can't I lose more off my thighs?? It sucks, all my pants are falling off me because I have no hips to speak of anymore. Grrr.

More pool running for me tonight. Never did get to try using the shuffle during my last pool workout, so we'll see if I manage not to drop it in the water tonight.

I didn't lose my butt - it just kinda sank. :?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog! 11K Marker post - 2010 ATB.

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

Miss*Smiles
Lynn Williams

Postby Miss*Smiles » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:05 am

PinkLady wrote:

:lol:
I Totally understand ;)

PinkLady wrote:

What is the shuffle?
When your legs get tired, run with your heart.

Overcome the notion that you must be regular. It robs you of your chance to be extraordinary.

PinkLady
Bill Crothers

Postby PinkLady » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:35 am

Miss*Smiles wrote:
PinkLady wrote:

What is the shuffle?

Isn't it terrible? My husband was giving me a backrub last night, and he actually says "wow, your bum really is bone-y!" :roll: Signs that all the romance really HAS gone out of your marriage.... :lol: On the one hand, I know people would kill to be in my position. On the other, it's irritating as all get-out when you have 31 inch hips and can't buy ANYTHING in the women's department in normal stores anymore. I've looked at the girls' department, but the problem there is that things like pants don't have enough rise. I sure hope I'm not left with Lululemon as the only option, I can't afford that place!

Oh, and I meant my Ipod Shuffle. Pool running is EXCEEDINGLY dull, and I have to run continuous for 30 min tonight. Ugh. So I was going to clip the Shuffle to my hair, put my swim cap on, tuck my headphone cords into the cap, and hope water doesn't leak into the cap! :mrgreen:
Sandra...Air Force wife & Professional Kid Wrangler...I knit to stay sane, I run to eat!
2012 - year of perseverance, endurance, survival, and earning blackmail material for life. :D

PB's:

Hammie
Jerome Drayton

Postby Hammie » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:38 am

Race tomorrow night, so no running today. Might try for 30 min on the bike watching TV later.
2014: the year of new awesomeness!
Rogers Insurance Run for L'Arche Half March 22 - done
Calgary Marathon Wild Rose 50k June 1 - done
Stampede Road Race 5k July 6 - done
Magrath sprint tri July 12 - done!!
Jog for the Bog 10k July 27 - done
Seawheeze Half Marathon August 23 - done
Subaru Banff Sprint Triathlon September 6 - done
Blitz Duathlon September 21 - registered
Portland Marathon October 5 - registered

PinkLady
Bill Crothers

Postby PinkLady » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:39 am

purdy65 wrote:I didn't lose my butt - it just kinda sank. :?

Gosh, I hope you won't be offended if I say that made me laugh out loud. Sorry!

The bone-y bum thing is highly annoying. I now can't relax in my bathtub, or even sit in a non padded chair, because, well...I have no padding on my arse. :lol:

If it makes you feel any better, along with my bum I lost my boobs too. :roll: I am now definitely a rectangle body shape. I hear it's the ideal body shape for runway models......but alas, I'm also only 5 feet tall. So, I'm a short boney rectangle, just wonderful. :? :lol:

PB's:

Andy Aitch
Tom Longboat

Postby Andy Aitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:46 am

8k in the dark and foggy morning. I couldn't see the little lake that I went around.

runfbrun
Tom Longboat

Postby runfbrun » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:48 am

Will do an easy 3k run this evening. My last run before the race on Saturday!!!

CinC
Lynn Williams

Postby CinC » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:58 am

3000m swim last night.

today - couldn't get out of bed this morning to spin, so will try to get home in time to get that done after work and then doing a speed session in the park.
Race Hard. Race Happy.

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:03 am

I can only wish losing my bum! LOL

I missed a step in the subway looking through my purse... :oops: Now, my tigh is super tight! I just hope I didn't pull smth!!!

Hoping to be able to do my 5 miler tonigh... and wishing the rain will stop!
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

runJrun
Bill Crothers

Postby runJrun » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:10 am

Good morning maniacs! 10km planned for lunch today - looking forward to it as the weather looks beautiful out. My poor toenail fell off last night so I have my toe wrapped as it is sensitive!

Have a good day!
Jocelyn

I run because it's my passion, and not just a sport. Every time I walk out the door, I know why I'm going where I'm going and I'm already focused on that special place where I find my peace and solitude. Running, to me, is more than just a physical exercise...it's a consistent reward for victory!
- Sasha Azevedo

ian
Jerome Drayton

Postby ian » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:13 am

Somewhat energetic 15K in advance of one or two last-week-and-a-half-taper rest days.

PinkLady
Bill Crothers

Postby PinkLady » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:20 am

Dr. S wrote:I can only wish losing my bum! LOL

I missed a step in the subway looking through my purse... :oops: Now, my tigh is super tight! I just hope I didn't pull smth!!!

Hoping to be able to do my 5 miler tonigh... and wishing the rain will stop!

Ohhhhh.....be careful what you wish for..... :lol:

For your thigh - lots and lots of stretching, holding each for at least a minute. Child's pose, hero pose, pigeon pose from yoga. A nice warm epsom salt bath will do wonders too. You should be fine if you take care of it right away. Don't stretch right before you run though, but definitely a long stretch right after, and I always add in extra stretching sessions throughout the day if I've tweaked something.

PB's:

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:28 am

heliotrope wrote:8k in the dark and foggy morning. I couldn't see the little lake that I went around.

I woke up this morning to the sound of fog horns, lol. And the inlet is all full of cloud... I love that when the whole sky is blue but there's just a cloud in the inlet. It looks so cool.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:45 am

ultraslacker wrote:
heliotrope wrote:8k in the dark and foggy morning. I couldn't see the little lake that I went around.

I woke up this morning to the sound of fog horns, lol....

I was wondering what that was! I couldn't tell if it was outside or on the podcast I was listening to.
We're at a higher up point here in Van and there was no fog so I was utterly confused. :)

Heliotrope- is that Trout lake?
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

Return to “General Running Discussion”