Where's Wednesday?

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

eme
Lynn Williams

Re: Where's Wednesday?

Postby eme » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:14 am

runJrun wrote:
CinC wrote:last night - tempo run workout on the treadmill - ended up with 7.6k done in 45min

Then did 25min of core.

Followed that up with a 2600m swim in a hour.

tired.

Today - meeting my friend Jenn for a ride after work. Hate having to rush things to make sure that we can ride in daylight.

You are a machine!!

I aspire to be like Carla :D

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:17 am

RA wrote:Ran to work this morning. Game tonight with no subs. My quads and hamstrings are sore from strength work yesterday. Stairs are not my friends. This game tonight is going to be killer.

Play lazy. Rest on O. Handle if you can. (That's my strategy when I'm tired and sore.) Cover well on D. Don't chase your girl everywhere, just stay between her and the disc (or if she's going long, just stay behind here). And once you're into it and warmed up, you won't notice the pain so much!
"I was thinking of you yesterday as I was running through the woods. As I jumped over a fallen tree I said "If I were [bruyere], I'd be bleeding by now"." - Turd Ferguson

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:21 am

bruyere wrote:
RA wrote:Ran to work this morning. Game tonight with no subs. My quads and hamstrings are sore from strength work yesterday. Stairs are not my friends. This game tonight is going to be killer.

Play lazy. Rest on O. Handle if you can. (That's my strategy when I'm tired and sore.) Cover well on D. Don't chase your girl everywhere, just stay between her and the disc (or if she's going long, just stay behind here). And once you're into it and warmed up, you won't notice the pain so much!

I won't be handling. They never let me handle. (I never WANT to handle.) Something about the ability to catch and throw. :wink: Though we will likely play zone tonight, so that will be good.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:22 am

Took it easy last night on some trails around Lower Seymour... Fisherman's, Homestead, etc. More "path" than "trail" for the most part, but great to get out there with friends I hadn't run with in about a month. Took it slow and easy in the dark. Still really liking the new headlamp. 12.5km done in about 1:30.
"I was thinking of you yesterday as I was running through the woods. As I jumped over a fallen tree I said "If I were [bruyere], I'd be bleeding by now"." - Turd Ferguson

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:23 am

RA wrote:
bruyere wrote:

I won't be handling. They never let me handle. (I never WANT to handle.) Something about the ability to catch and throw. :wink: Though we will likely play zone tonight, so that will be good.

Haha just don't play in the cup, or play rabbit!! That's the least lazy place you can be!

kpoire
Bill Crothers

Postby kpoire » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:53 am

Passed on the Group Trail run last night because he had to get ready for the painter coming in today. Making up for some of that lost training by going for a run at lunch today on the canal. A nice cycle to work this morning but it is going to be a wet ride home.

Have a great day everyone!

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:00 am

bruyere wrote:Haha just don't play in the cup, or play rabbit!! That's the least lazy place you can be!
Rabbit? I don't know rabbit. I'm not usually in the cup either. Actually, never have been.

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:27 am

RA wrote:
bruyere wrote:Haha just don't play in the cup, or play rabbit!! That's the least lazy place you can be!
Rabbit? I don't know rabbit. I'm not usually in the cup either. Actually, never have been.

Rabbit and wall is another form of zone D. Instead of cup, hammerstoppers (mid), and deep D, you have a rabbit of one who chases the disc from handler to handler and counts. Then a wall of 4 (usually), and the rest deep.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:52 pm

Nick wrote:
ultraslacker wrote:
Nick wrote:Good to see the Chicago folks getting excited.

Yeah, the victoria folks aren't excited at all. :P

Queen Victoria...is she still around? So, are you excited????

It's not an A race for me so I'm not TOO excited, but races are fun. :)

I'm more excited for run4life since it's her first!
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

IronGoddess
Jerome Drayton

Postby IronGoddess » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:44 pm

1900m planned in the pool for tonight.
IMC 2015

Hammie
Jerome Drayton

Postby Hammie » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:49 pm

Today's planned 16k run home from work got cancelled at 4am - I was still up from last night with a sick toddler :( . He's better, but I'm tired, so I'm planning a nice nap this afternoon, and maybe a short easy TM run tonight when the kids are in bed. Although it won't take much for me to bail completely on it!
2014: the year of new awesomeness!
Rogers Insurance Run for L'Arche Half March 22 - done
Calgary Marathon Wild Rose 50k June 1 - done
Stampede Road Race 5k July 6 - done
Magrath sprint tri July 12 - done!!
Jog for the Bog 10k July 27 - done
Seawheeze Half Marathon August 23 - done
Subaru Banff Sprint Triathlon September 6 - done
Blitz Duathlon September 21 - registered
Portland Marathon October 5 - registered

Darth Tater
Lynn Williams

Postby Darth Tater » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:56 pm

Ran a slight progression run on the TM at lunch: 10 min @ 6.7 mph, 10 min @ 6.8 mph, 10 min @ 6.9 mph, and 6 min @ 7 mph, then a 2 minute walking cool-down. 6.76 km in 38 minutes (5:38/km).
Darth Tater

"Wherever you go, there you are."

Avis
Jerome Drayton

Postby Avis » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:29 pm

After yesterday's sucky run (my calf muscles hurt, in fact I hurt from my butt to the bottoms of my feet), I wasn't expecting much today... But it was "Avis running weather," which is 10-15 degrees and lightly raining today. Made my whole 35 minutes of continuous running with some energy to spare. Why are the ups and downs so large? :?
"We are made of dreams and bones."
--The Garden Song

"By perseverance, the snail reached the ark."
--Charles H. Spurgeon

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
--Pablo Picasso

timc
Johnny Miles

Postby timc » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:06 pm

Ran 11km this morning in 60 minutes. I hope construction season is over soon; I'm getting tired of zigzagging across roads to get around sidewalk repairs. :roll:
~ Tim ~

2014 Race Results:
Re-Fridgee-Eighter 8 mile - 22 February - 56:22 (PB)
Around the Bay 30K - 30 March - 2:29:10 (PB)
Sulphur Springs 50 miler - 24 May - 10:12:20 (PB)
Summer's Night Classical 5K - 9 July - 20:10 (PB)
ENDURrun International - 10-17 August - 1:39:41 (PB)/1:11:00 (PB)/2:59:29 (PB)/1:20:51 (PB)/2:48:50 (PB)/44:22 (PB)/3:55:42
Oktoberfest 5K Fun Run - 13 October - 19:55 (PB)

Next Races:
???

lisaannr
Abby Hoffman

Postby lisaannr » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:15 pm

7k on the TM this morning before work, these morning runs are so much better for me than waiting until evening. :D Evening will now be spent ferrying girls back and forth to dance lessons and then folding laundry. :roll:
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer

lisaannr
Abby Hoffman

Postby lisaannr » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:17 pm

run4life wrote:Next run will be in VICTORIA this weekend. :dance: :what: :dance:

:dance: :dance: :dance: yay!!!!
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer

toobusy
Jerome Drayton

Postby toobusy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:30 pm

sigh - mixed day today

1 Yummy massage; though I was told I had 'legs of steel', I suspect she meant that in a 'should have been massaged before this' way rather than "Great leg toning". :lol: Least I can move my legs now.

2 And a painful run - but trotted out 13k at 8:30 pace with the puppy dog. :)

two weeks til taper...

RayMan
Jerome Drayton

Postby RayMan » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:56 pm

Hills tonight - I found a nice 400 m hill along Woodbine Avenue, ran it 3 times. Felt hard but I could feel the rust shaking out of my joints...

daddy_runner
Bill Crothers

Postby daddy_runner » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:05 pm

Ran 3.5 miles today. Groin pull feels gone (but still going to take it easy for another week or two).
Plan for 2017:
END-SURE 25k...done! 2:30:23
Spruce Woods Ultra volunteering...done!
Kettle Moraine 100
Western States 100 crewing
Falcon Fatass 50k
Superior 100

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:42 pm

Still a bit under the weather & getting soaked in the rain certainly did not help :lol: :lol: :lol: :(
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:43 pm

Easy social 8K in the rain tonight.
Nicholas

Events in 2018
Walking, Yoga, Soccer scrimmages and whatever else I can do
Hip replacement on September 10....now doing a variation of the None to Run plan

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:23 pm

Ultimate game in the rain and wind tonight. We were up against a good team, but I was doing pretty good for me. I was playing smart even though I could not keep up with my girl when she took off. Then I went over on my ankle. Pop. Felt it. Heard it. Fell to the ground. Carried off the field. Bummer. By the time the game ended, I could put weight on it. Now that I'm home and icing it, it hurts, but I think it is just bruising and a slight pull/strain. I guess I'll know more in the morning. Fingers crossed I wake up and it is 100% fine.

Hammie
Jerome Drayton

Postby Hammie » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Hammie wrote:Today's planned 16k run home from work got cancelled at 4am - I was still up from last night with a sick toddler :( . He's better, but I'm tired, so I'm planning a nice nap this afternoon, and maybe a short easy TM run tonight when the kids are in bed. Although it won't take much for me to bail completely on it!

"Short and easy" turned out to be a surprisingly energetic and pleasant 8k
2014: the year of new awesomeness!
Rogers Insurance Run for L'Arche Half March 22 - done
Calgary Marathon Wild Rose 50k June 1 - done
Stampede Road Race 5k July 6 - done
Magrath sprint tri July 12 - done!!
Jog for the Bog 10k July 27 - done
Seawheeze Half Marathon August 23 - done
Subaru Banff Sprint Triathlon September 6 - done
Blitz Duathlon September 21 - registered
Portland Marathon October 5 - registered

a-slow-5
Jerome Drayton

Postby a-slow-5 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:26 am

Gym workout after the office today. 5K done on the t/m. Such a struggle to pound these out these days. IT WILL GET BETTER! :twisted: (or else!)
Treat a child as though she already is the person she's capable of becoming. - Haim Ginott
Keep going. Never give up. - Spencer Dolling
Run like hell, feel like hell, look like hell! - Nick
It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you have. - Cheryl Crow

Return to “General Running Discussion”