Hacking Thursday

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Marg
Site Admin

Hacking Thursday

Postby Marg » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:40 am

No not the coughing kind.
In case you weren't accessing the site at off hours, RM was hugely hacked in the night. Joe has worked on it since 4am and it looks like we're back but always a good reminder of how vulnerable the info you put on the web is.
I still don't have my full voice but I feel a lot better.
Have a great day.

Stay warm Alberta peeps! :o
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

joe
Bill Crothers

Re: Hacking Thursday

Postby joe » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:53 am

Here's what you would have seen... wonderful.... I don't doubt that they will be back!

JacSprat
Bill Crothers

Postby JacSprat » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:55 am

Yikes! Must be a lot of work sorting that out. Thanks Joe and everyone in the healing team.

I haven't been posting lately. I've been in constant pain from a compressed nerve in the back of my shoulder for about 2 weeks. Very exhausting!! I have been running since that didn't seem to make things worse though.

In Ottawa today with a meeting this morning then heading home I'll run tomorrow.
Hope you get your full voice back soon Marg. I thought I was losing mine yesterday which would not have been good since I gad a meeting to run. Fortunately it stayed with me.

Have a good day everyone
Jacqui

------------------------
MyTraining

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:21 am

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: Bad, bad Hackers ... No Christmas Goodies for you !!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

An easy 5K / 27:30 steady run in the 'hoods of Kanata this morning .. 3C w/-2C windchill and gusting winds out there .... :shock: :?
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

garth
Bill Crothers

Postby garth » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:25 am

I doubt very much the hackers look anything like the image. I am imagining pasty white overweight 30 year olds living in their mothers basement
Please consider the jobs of those in the forest industry before deciding not to print stuff

PinkLady
Bill Crothers

Postby PinkLady » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:27 am

Oh wow, really? That's terrible. :evil: Must've happened after I'd gone to bed at 8:30, I didn't notice anything odd when I was on yesterday evening.

12km tonight EASY. (I'm putting it in caps to remind myself!) 3km run out to meet some friends, 6km with group, 3km home. And it WILL be done EASY. :shifty:
Sandra...Air Force wife & Professional Kid Wrangler...I knit to stay sane, I run to eat!
2012 - year of perseverance, endurance, survival, and earning blackmail material for life. :D
My running log: http://www.runningmania.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=44092

PB's:
Army Run HM (Sep 18, 2011) - 1:55:14

Strider
Jerome Drayton

Postby Strider » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:41 am

Great Job Sergeant Joe and the RM Army.

1:02 - 8 mile run with Pup in the wind and dark. Warmup - Split Tempo - Strides - Cooldown. Puppy Strider really enjoyed the Strides.

Rest day tomorrow so Puppy gets to sleep in, he'll be happy.
Help Fight Children's Cancer with Sears Canada and GoodGuysTri - 26 Team Mates, All Running 100km, 1 Goal.
If you have the time please read my participation page and consider a donation.

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:43 am

PinkLady wrote:Oh wow, really? That's terrible. :evil: Must've happened after I'd gone to bed at 8:30, I didn't notice anything odd when I was on yesterday evening.

12km tonight EASY. (I'm putting it in caps to remind myself!) 3km run out to meet some friends, 6km with group, 3km home. And it WILL be done EASY. :shifty:

With any luck you'll come home to a buff in your mailbox. Let me know. :)
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:44 am

Strider wrote:Great Job Sergeant Joe and the RM Army.

1:02 - 8 mile run with Pup in the wind and dark. Warmup - Split Tempo - Strides - Cooldown. Puppy Strider really enjoyed the Strides.

Rest day tomorrow so Puppy gets to sleep in, he'll be happy.

How is puppy? I haven't seen a photo of him recently, is he still as adorable as ever?
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:44 am

Rest day for me.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:46 am

Wow the things that happen during the night when we're sleeping... thanks Joe!!

45 min run after work with 2 X 4 mins @ 10:50 min/mile with 4 min in between sets.
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

Strider
Jerome Drayton

Postby Strider » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:49 am

Marg wrote:How is puppy? I haven't seen a photo of him recently, is he still as adorable as ever?

He is doing great. Still adorable? - more than ever :)
Help Fight Children's Cancer with Sears Canada and GoodGuysTri - 26 Team Mates, All Running 100km, 1 Goal.
If you have the time please read my participation page and consider a donation.

PinkLady
Bill Crothers

Postby PinkLady » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:57 am

Marg wrote:With any luck you'll come home to a buff in your mailbox. Let me know. :)

Oooh, wow, THANK you Marg! I can't wait. I love expecting stuff in the mail! :dance: :dance:
Sandra...Air Force wife & Professional Kid Wrangler...I knit to stay sane, I run to eat!
2012 - year of perseverance, endurance, survival, and earning blackmail material for life. :D

PB's:

erinmcd
Bill Crothers

Postby erinmcd » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:00 am

The slowest 10K I can remember. I stayed up too late last night, and paid for it this morning. When I was getting my stuff on I said "screw it, I'm going back to bed," but then turned around before getting to the bedroom and continued getting dressed.
Keep on rolling, just a mile to go. Keep on rolling my old buddy, you're moving much too slow.

erinmcd
Bill Crothers

Postby erinmcd » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:03 am

garth wrote:I doubt very much the hackers look anything like the image. I am imagining pasty white overweight 30 year olds living in their mothers basement

Keep on rolling, just a mile to go. Keep on rolling my old buddy, you're moving much too slow.

PinkLady
Bill Crothers

Postby PinkLady » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:09 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Perfect!!

This has always been one of my faves too:

PB's:

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:20 am

Hopefully the hacker was inspired to take up running ... he or she obviously has too much time on their hands if they have time to hack web sites!

Cold morning with 35kph winds made me want to go back to bed but I just started back running. What to do!? I know, try out my lulu dog whisperer pants and walk the dog. Ended up so nice I ran most of it :D Lulu dog whisperer pants were amazing! Might use them for running in really cold weather.

On the other hand my running friend has plantar fasciitis. She is going to chiro for it. He recommended the best thing as running through the pain and wrapping her foot post run while going to see him till it heals. Hope it works for her ... I am not totally convinced but, hey, tell me it is ok to run and I am out there too!

PinkLady
Bill Crothers

Postby PinkLady » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:28 am

ceileigh wrote:Hopefully the hacker was inspired to take up running ... he or she obviously has too much time on their hands if they have time to hack web sites!

Cold morning with 35kph winds made me want to go back to bed but I just started back running. What to do!? I know, try out my lulu dog whisperer pants and walk the dog. Ended up so nice I ran most of it :D Lulu dog whisperer pants were amazing! Might use them for running in really cold weather.

On the other hand my running friend has plantar fasciitis. She is going to chiro for it. He recommended the best thing as running through the pain and wrapping her foot post run while going to see him till it heals. Hope it works for her ... I am not totally convinced but, hey, tell me it is ok to run and I am out there too!

I suppose at least the hacker wasn't attacking my banking websites?

Ooh, new stuff always makes getting out the door easier. :mrgreen:

And :shock: :shock: :shock: on your friend being advised to run THROUGH PF. Really?!? Wow, you could knock me over with a feather. I have never EVER heard anyone from the medical community advise that.

PB's:

DonnaRigs
Bill Crothers

Postby DonnaRigs » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:58 am

Had to take the kitty to the emergency vet last night, she was acting lethargic. Turns out she was a little gassy, so she wasn't eating, which caused her to get dehydrated.

200 bucks later, she should be fine.
What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?

purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Postby purdy65 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:23 am

Good Morning!

10K in the +2C temps - wet but not raining. It was very pleasant!

Think I will rest the next couple of days so I can give my 10 miler on the weekend all I have.

So cool to be racing this time of year!

Lisa
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog! 11K Marker post - 2010 ATB.

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

Size5
Lynn Williams

Postby Size5 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:28 am

-25C with the wind chill. Shoveled. Walked dog. Ran on TM. Now get to trudge through the snow to work...
Vancouver 2012 Done!
Considering CIM 2012

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:34 am

Size5 - all that snow just seems crazy! Way too early for -25 and shoveling!

Pinklady - I have not even hear of chiro as the treatment of choice for PF ... usually PT or ART or new shoes or ... Not sure what her chiro told her. Her shoes are a year old and she has been told they are fine and her gait is fine. She runs with a distinct roll to one side with each step like her hip is off so maybe the chiro thinks if he fixes that the pf will go away. However since I am just starting again after 2 months off post tendon/ligament injury I too am surprised she was told to run through it!

ian
Jerome Drayton

Postby ian » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:44 am

Fresh snow and minus stupid means that I'm going to start my taper a few days early.

BJH
Lynn Williams

Postby BJH » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:45 am

9.4k run commute.

Size5 wrote:-25C with the wind chill. Shoveled. Walked dog. Ran on TM. Now get to trudge through the snow to work...

This seems so wrong for November 18. Particularly not when I have no 2010 vacation time left to head west to ski. :P
The road to hell is paved. Run trails.

PinkLady
Bill Crothers

Postby PinkLady » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:45 am

Size5 wrote:-25C with the wind chill. Shoveled. Walked dog. Ran on TM. Now get to trudge through the snow to work...

:shock: :shock: Wow, the -3C around here is pretty balmy by comparison!

ceileigh wrote:Pinklady - I have not even hear of chiro as the treatment of choice for PF ... usually PT or ART or new shoes or ... Not sure what her chiro told her. Her shoes are a year old and she has been told they are fine and her gait is fine. She runs with a distinct roll to one side with each step like her hip is off so maybe the chiro thinks if he fixes that the pf will go away. However since I am just starting again after 2 months off post tendon/ligament injury I too am surprised she was told to run through it!

Her chiro thinks year-old shoes are okay too? Wow. Just........wow. :shock:

I've only heard of PT and ART as well. My physiotherapist says it's okay to run through my sore foot IF it doesn't worsen during the run....but that's only because he's established that the soreness comes from a muscle fatiguing, and has ruled out tendon/ligament/bone issues.

PB's:

Return to “General Running Discussion”