Scintillating Saturday

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Marg
Site Admin

Scintillating Saturday

Postby Marg » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:07 am

Short run this morning, Peak testing later on, friends over for dinner and work snuck in on the margins.
Busy day ahead.

Enjoy whatever you are doing today!
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

Nicholas
Site Admin

Re: Scintillating Saturday

Postby Nicholas » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:15 am

Off for a group run of 15K or so with some trails in there.....
Nicholas

Events in 2018
Walking, Yoga, Soccer scrimmages and whatever else I can do
Hip replacement on September 10....now doing a variation of the None to Run plan

CAW
Lynn Williams

Postby CAW » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:39 am

Banging out a quick and steady 3K then off to get my hair done.

Going to the 2nd Regiment of Royal Canadian Horse Artillery First Annual Ball this evening, so I've gotta get my Cinderella on!

Will post pics (hopefully) later.
~Kara~

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself."
— Thich Nhat Hanh

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:57 am

Around 5K this morning. Still building up post cold but this is good. Garmin died just after 3K. It was on the charger pre run so I am hoping it was just not sitting on it right and needs to be charged. It has been doing strange things lately though so I'm not sure! I did not do my usual 5K route so I'm not sure if I did a full 5 or slightly less but at least I was out there! Going to get the laundry out on the line to dry before the rain sets in later today!

Have a good day everyone!

CAW
Lynn Williams

Postby CAW » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:18 am

CAW wrote:Banging out a quick and steady 3K then off to get my hair done.

Going to the 2nd Regiment of Royal Canadian Horse Artillery First Annual Ball this evening, so I've gotta get my Cinderella on!

Will post pics (hopefully) later.

Uh...yeah...okay, make that 1.5K! About half-way down the trail I got spooked by a bear. Not an actual bear, but the idea of one. I didn't like the idea of running on that trail by myself (I've always had someone with me before) and completely freaked myself out...so I bailed and came home.

BUT, some is better than none!
~Kara~

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself."
— Thich Nhat Hanh

candlerun
Bruce Kidd

Postby candlerun » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:30 am

Heading out for not quite sure yet. :roll: I have my 5k event tomorrow so I think maybe I should not go too far but going to run it at my LSD pace so I guess where ever the path takes me today.
Hypohalf - Check
Sask Half Marathon - PB 2:23:09
Bridge City Boogie 5k - 33:19 and a broken leg...
Mogathon 5k (in wheelchair) - Had a Blast!
Queen City Half Marathon
Nike Womens Half Marathon - in memory of my Grandma, MIL Natalie, my cousin Gary, many others, and most recently my Uncle Allan and my Great Uncle Paul.
Wishes
Edmonton Derby Half - not going to happen due to break
To sign up for a few smaller ones along the way - maybe some late fall small ones

The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. ~John Bingham

Strider
Jerome Drayton

Postby Strider » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:42 am

An hour on the trails with Neil from Solefit. Nice to run with someone who pushes your pace. Gotta get that speed back. Off to pick up our new/used car.
Help Fight Children's Cancer with Sears Canada and GoodGuysTri - 26 Team Mates, All Running 100km, 1 Goal.
If you have the time please read my participation page and consider a donation.

Lazagna
Bill Crothers

Postby Lazagna » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:08 am

CITY CHASE Calgay today.... I would have put in some running today, but I think 6 hours of running around the city to be enough. I'm going to wear my Garmin just to see how far i've actually travelled.. although some of it will be by transit, it will be interesting to see the results of 6 hours of it.
Mike . . . Do what you need to do NOW, so you don't deny yourself a future opportunity.
Upcoming Races:

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:13 am

Marg wrote:Short run this morning, Peak testing later on,

What time you going ? Gonna pop by the Bush aterwards ?? :shifty:

As for me, another day of no running .. :? though, have another shift from 11am to 3pm today at the store ... gonna be spending more time working shifts now, when I can, to replace my non-running time ... :?
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

MikeM
Bill Crothers

Postby MikeM » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:13 am

Softball tournament + Barrhaven Run for Rogers House 5k and 10k on tap for today!

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:14 am

Lazagna wrote:CITY CHASE Calgay today.... I would have put in some running today, but I think 6 hours of running around the city to be enough. I'm going to wear my Garmin just to see how far i've actually travelled.. although some of it will be by transit, it will be interesting to see the results of 6 hours of it.

Have fun!!! I did this last year on Ottawa and estimated that we walk / ran a half marathon over the course of the day! It was our first time doing it and my brother's first ever race of any sort. We finished and given that over half the teams didn't we were pretty dang proud of ourselves! It was a blast!

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:30 am

Rest day today. Looking forward to hitting the road to Lake Placid and racing the half-marathon tomorrow :D
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

DonnaRigs
Bill Crothers

Postby DonnaRigs » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:38 am

Hot Yoga (either 60 or 75 mins), 35 min run and maybe a bike ride today. I also need to go to the mall to try and find something hot pink to wear. I have been roped into going to a Stagette (my best friend is a bridesmaid and pleaded with me to come since all of the other guests are ten or fifteen years younger than us).

I feel old.
What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:42 am

Cochrane duathlon today. 5.8 / 37.7 / 9.7 in pouring rain & wind.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

erinmcd
Bill Crothers

Postby erinmcd » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:56 am

8 hours OT on the shop floor today, then about 15K later on, then prep for my son's b-day party tomorrow (he's turning 9).
Keep on rolling, just a mile to go. Keep on rolling my old buddy, you're moving much too slow.

msdesigner
Jerome Drayton

Postby msdesigner » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:10 am

I'm heading up to the Gats for a long run which may include a detour to the Lusk Caves. :) Beer and nachos later on. :)

Enjoy your Saturday!
Running 26.2 miles is not limited by physical capabilities but rather by the mind.
Uta Pippig

Pat29
Bill Crothers

Postby Pat29 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:14 am

15 km in 1:13 for me this morning. Started off slow then picked up the pace to 4:20-4;30. First time I have run that fast since the Ottawa Marathon. It felt good despite the heat.
[b]2016 Races:[b]

January - Richmond Road Races 10 km 41:06
March - St Patrick's Day 10 km 41:31
April - Minto Run for Reach half-marathon 1:28:56
May - Sporting Life 10 km - 41:10
May - Ottawa Marathon - 3:26:37
September - Army Run

My running blog: http://www.thecourageoflungs.com

purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Postby purdy65 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:15 am

Just back from 16K in 1h34. Felt nice, but I did slow a bit towards the end. I had a gel, but didn't want to take it, because my stomache was a bit iffy.

Off to Woofstock with puppy either today or tomorrow - just trying to decide which the better day weatherwise will be. Nice right now, but suppposed to rain this PM. I don't want to take him in the rain - it's not his favourite thing.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog! 11K Marker post - 2010 ATB.

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:39 am

Said farewell to La today, after a rather atypical time out in Vancouver last night. All my usual places were overrun with young 'uns! But we still had a lovely dinner with a great bottle of wine, and drinks at a couple of other spots.

My run buddy's knee is bad today so we're just going to do the BCMC. I might run home from there, but might not. I'm so tired.... running on empty, and my next houseguest will be arriving later this morning!

This afternoon/evening... maybe vineyards, something about someone's softball game, and...maybe, just maybe... roller derby! :D
"I was thinking of you yesterday as I was running through the woods. As I jumped over a fallen tree I said "If I were [bruyere], I'd be bleeding by now"." - Turd Ferguson

run mom run
Tom Longboat

Postby run mom run » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:59 am

MikeM wrote:Softball tournament + Barrhaven Run for Rogers House 5k and 10k on tap for today!

One of these days I have to do the Barrhaven Run. Sad there is a need for Rogers House but so good that it's there.

I missed my run last night due to Mom Commitments so did a quick 4K this morning then saw the chiro and did the molds for my orthotics. Doing my first ever run in the Gats tomorrow with my running partner. This could be interesting!!

Happy Saturday!
Ar
Do or do not, there is no try -- Yoda

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:33 am

5km on the treadmill this morning & lots & lots of painting this afternoon... & tomorrow...
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

Robinandamelia
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robinandamelia » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:09 pm

5 Peaks Hardwood Hills Trail Race (enduro), measured about 12.5K. Great course lots of fun and I didn't come last!

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:49 pm

Legs were dead from soccer least night. We won 1-0 against a very chippy, whiney and miserable team. Managed to stumble through almost 16K this morning.
Nicholas

Events in 2018
Walking, Yoga, Soccer scrimmages and whatever else I can do
Hip replacement on September 10....now doing a variation of the None to Run plan

DonnaRigs
Bill Crothers

Postby DonnaRigs » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:26 pm

35 min run done, tummy feels pretty woobly, so I did not push.

Hot yoga in a few hours, may not make it through the whole class if stomach doesn't settle.
What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:52 pm

3km run and upper body strength done.
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Nothing will change if you never choose.

2018 goals: May half marathon, September half marathon

Return to “General Running Discussion”