Hamilton Marathon Road2Hope - November 6

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Re: Hamilton Marathon Road2Hope - November 6

Postby Double Bellybuster » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:52 am

HCcD wrote:Sounds like a plan ... Would you also like me to wake you up, when I wake up? I am usually up by 3am or so of race morning ... :shock: :lol: :wink: :shifty: :oops:

Anyone who doesn't trust their wakeup service at the hotel, let me know if I can provide a wakeup call - I'll be up at 4:00 Standard (Sunday) time and then driving from 4:45 to 6:30. Can call anytime during this span.

But let me know Saturday. I'll barely have enough time to set my Fantasy Football lineup Sunday let alone check e-mails... :lol:
I am fortunate to have Running Free as a sponsor. I like to keep silly stats and maps of my Daily Neighbourhood Tours, Races and Marathons run in a Silly Yellow Shirt.

toobusy
Jerome Drayton

Postby toobusy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:26 am

Double Bellybuster wrote:
HCcD wrote:Sounds like a plan ... Would you also like me to wake you up, when I wake up? I am usually up by 3am or so of race morning ... :shock: :lol: :wink: :shifty: :oops:

Anyone who doesn't trust their wakeup service at the hotel, let me know if I can provide a wakeup call - I'll be up at 4:00 Standard (Sunday) time and then driving from 4:45 to 6:30. Can call anytime during this span.

But let me know Saturday. I'll barely have enough time to set my Fantasy Football lineup Sunday let alone check e-mails... :lol:

need a wake up call yourself? I am on nights and will be up :lol:

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am

toobusy wrote:need a wake up call yourself? I am on nights and will be up :lol:

Anyone who has a second to call 416-456-9195 at 4:05 EST or shortly thereafter to make sure I am awake, that would be great!
I am fortunate to have Running Free as a sponsor. I like to keep silly stats and maps of my Daily Neighbourhood Tours, Races and Marathons run in a Silly Yellow Shirt.

gnu
Jerome Drayton

Postby gnu » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:55 pm

Was there for kit pick up and the 5K this morning - the weather was gorgeous!

Ken B
Lynn Williams

Postby Ken B » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:08 pm

gnu wrote:Was there for kit pick up and the 5K this morning - the weather was gorgeous!

Moi as well. I also picked up a nice running jacket at 30% off. Hopefully tomorrow will be like today - weatherwise!! :D

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:11 pm

tortoise wrote:
gnu wrote:Was there for kit pick up and the 5K this morning - the weather was gorgeous!

Moi as well. I also picked up a nice running jacket at 30% off. Hopefully tomorrow will be like today - weatherwise!! :D

I picked up one of the Yellow/Black jackets with race logos on it, for an inflated price .. :shock: :lol: :wink: :shifty: :oops:

Weather looks to be good tomorrow .. 2C @8am start with winds feeling like -2C windchill .. though, should be jumping up to 8-12C before noon .. 8)
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:34 pm

HCcD wrote:eta: Just spoke to the Holiday Inn Express, and unfortunately they do not have a restaurant, however, there is a Jack Astors and/or East Side Mario's, a few minutes drive, down the road on Queenston Road ...

How about Jack Astor's?

This is it:

http://www.jackastors.com/locations/19/ ... quare.html

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:38 pm

HCcD wrote:eta: Just spoke to the Holiday Inn Express, and unfortunately they do not have a restaurant, however, there is a Jack Astors and/or East Side Mario's, a few minutes drive, down the road on Queenston Road ...

How about Jack Astor's?

This is it:

http://www.jackastors.com/locations/19/ ... quare.html

Sounds good to me ... :P

There is also some sort of Grill restaurant beside the hotel, but not sure if they are licensed ... :? but Jack Astors appears to be a better post-race establishment, don't you think ... :shifty: :wink:

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:55 pm

I like accuweather better ... 8) :lol:

7am
3° C
Mostly Clear

8am
3° C
Mostly Sunny

9am
4° C
Mostly Sunny

10am
6° C
Mostly Sunny

11am
7° C
Mostly Sunny

Noon
8° C
Mostly Sunny

http://www.accuweather.com/canada-forecast-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&postalcode=L8E%201A1&whend=2&whent=6&metric=1

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:35 pm

HCcD wrote:There is also some sort of Grill restaurant beside the hotel, but not sure if they are licensed ... :? but Jack Astors appears to be a better post-race establishment, don't you think ... :shifty: :wink:

I think so - plus if we can name it now, late arrivals to this thread will know where all will be. I am a suck too - no guarantee I can wait in the cold at the finish if feeling some pain. Warm bar room - there I can wait for sure regardless of pain level! :shifty:

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:59 pm

HCcD wrote:There is also some sort of Grill restaurant beside the hotel, but not sure if they are licensed ... :? but Jack Astors appears to be a better post-race establishment, don't you think ... :shifty: :wink:

I think so - plus if we can name it now, late arrivals to this thread will know where all will be. I am a suck too - no guarantee I can wait in the cold at the finish if feeling some pain. Warm bar room - there I can wait for sure regardless of pain level! :shifty:

It is the Golden Griddle beside the Holiday Inn Express at 51 Keefer Court ... about a 5-10 minute walk from race site or ... 1.5K or so .... They have pretty much a full menu and they are licensed with an assortment of beer offerings ... :shifty: :lol:

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:52 pm

HCcD wrote:

It is the Golden Griddle beside the Holiday Inn Express at 51 Keefer Court ... about a 5-10 minute walk from race site or ... 1.5K or so .... They have pretty much a full menu and they are licensed with an assortment of beer offerings ... :shifty: :lol:

Sorry my message was vague, I had intended to agree with the Jack Astor's suggestion. But if you feel the GG is better based on proximity to the host hotel, that is great too.

Just name the final answer Andy and it shall be. I'll work on the guest list.

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:56 pm

Double Bellybuster wrote:I'll work on the guest list.

Here are the VIPs at the chosen establishment per the City of Stoney Creek, quite a group:

HCcD
Jes
Double Bellybuster
West Grey Runner
BJH
Lightning
AlfiefromPickering
gnu
QuickChick
tinyterror
Doonst
Joe
deerdree
Family and Friends of the Above
All Running Maniacs

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:58 pm

HCcD wrote:

Sorry my message was vague, I had intended to agree with the Jack Astor's suggestion. But if you feel the GG is better based on proximity to the host hotel, that is great too.

Just name the final answer Andy and it shall be. I'll work on the guest list.

I think the Golden Grill may be better, for logistics, and yes, proximity ... Say, after 1pm or so? Whoever gets there first just reserve a table for whatever ??? :?

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:02 pm

HCcD wrote:I think the Golden Grill may be better, for logistics, and yes, proximity ... Say, after 1pm or so? Whoever gets there first just reserve a table for whatever ??? :?

Done on location.

On the time, we can have folks spill in as ready. We may have Halvers done their race as soon as 10:00 and may be hungry well before 1:00. If any Halvers post here, I'll tour over as soon as done my race around 11:50 and jon around 12:15. If only Marathoners 1:00 sounds great.

Any Half Marathoners reading this?

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:17 pm

HCcD wrote:I think the Golden Grill may be better, for logistics, and yes, proximity ... Say, after 1pm or so? Whoever gets there first just reserve a table for whatever ??? :?

Done on location.

On the time, we can have folks spill in as ready. We may have Halvers done their race as soon as 10:00 and may be hungry well before 1:00. If any Halvers post here, I'll tour over as soon as done my race around 11:50 and jon around 12:15. If only Marathoners 1:00 sounds great.

Any Half Marathoners reading this?

They said that they are usually busy for sunday brunch, so we might catch the tail end of the rush, when we get there ....

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:19 pm

MARATHON AND HALF MARATHON SHUTTLE BUS AND PARKING DETAILS:
Marathon and Half Marathon shuttle buses to the start line at Saltfleet School begin at 6:15 a.m.
(Last bus for Marathon- 7:45 a.m. ) (Last bus for Half Marathon- 8:00 a.m.)

1. TRANSPORTATION WILL BE PROVIDED from the finish line at Confederation Park
to the start line at Saltfleet School starting at 6:15 a.m.
2. NO TRANSPORTATION WILL BE PROVIDED back to the start line at Saltfleet School .

Be sure you have a ride home from the finish line at Confederation Park.

FREE PARKING ALL weekend at Confederation Park for both participants and spectators.

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:40 pm

Pat and I may pop by Golden Griddle, depending on how cold/sore/tired I am. I would like to see many Maniacs finish, many of whom will be done after 12:15-12:30 or so. I could see us going over after that. I will be seeking out a Tim's between me finishing and seeing the marathoners finish though, to warm up!
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

joe
Bill Crothers

Postby joe » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:04 pm

I was just coming to post that I thought that we should meet at the GG! I'm glad you guys have already decided on that. It's perfect for me since I won't have a car and may fall asleep after one (or part of one) beer.

See you all on the flip side!
Race Photos: http://www.zoomphoto.ca (Ask me about the RM Coupon!)

AlfiefromPickering
Bill Crothers

Postby AlfiefromPickering » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:09 pm

I'll try to make it to the Golden Griddle by 1 or 1:30 pm.
I am in love with the President of Argentina .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhf5iInIWEs mamacita preciosa
and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIZ39iEw80M. She is 63 is 2016.... meaning 10 years older than I. I guess I'm into mature girls .....

joe
Bill Crothers

Postby joe » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:11 pm

joe wrote:I was just coming to post that I thought that we should meet at the GG! I'm glad you guys have already decided on that. It's perfect for me since I won't have a car and may fall asleep after one (or part of one) beer.

This was Jes, not Joe :D (it's still Jes, he he :D)

I cannot decide....tights or capris????

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:22 pm

QuickChick wrote:Pat and I may pop by Golden Griddle, depending on how cold/sore/tired I am. I would like to see many Maniacs finish, many of whom will be done after 12:15-12:30 or so. I could see us going over after that. I will be seeking out a Tim's between me finishing and seeing the marathoners finish though, to warm up!

My offer still stands, for anyone looking for a place to shower / change, etc. in my hotel room, just bring an extra towel ...

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:27 pm

joe wrote:
joe wrote:I was just coming to post that I thought that we should meet at the GG! I'm glad you guys have already decided on that. It's perfect for me since I won't have a car and may fall asleep after one (or part of one) beer.

Think I just decided ... compression tights, rm bike jersey, arm warmers and my Sugoi Helium Jacket that I can take off and tuck into my jersey pocket, as the weather gets warmer and the headwinds are over with after the first 9-10K or so .... :shifty: :wink:

joe
Bill Crothers

Postby joe » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:39 pm

HCcD wrote:
joe wrote:

Think I just decided ... compression tights, rm bike jersey, arm warmers and my Sugoi Helium Jacket that I can take off and tuck into my jersey pocket, as the weather gets warmer and the headwinds are over with after the first 9-10K or so .... :shifty: :wink:

Sounds logical. And I think I've decided on tights (yes, I did pack them afterall!)

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:47 pm

joe wrote:
HCcD wrote:
joe wrote:

Sounds logical. And I think I've decided on tights (yes, I did pack them afterall!)

Do you need a bottle of water ??

Return to “General Running Discussion”