Ottawa beer mile in Orleans. Interested parties message me.

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Cupcake Girl
Bruce Kidd

Re: Ottawa beer mile in Orleans. Interested parties message

Postby Cupcake Girl » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:43 pm

QuickChick wrote: Sweeeeeet... we have friends who live somewhat close to there, basically just up the road (Epsom). As long as we all hang out for a couple hours afterward to sober up, or run to/from (probably not!!), sounds great! Come to think of it, they would probably drive us up/back and watch for the entertainment. :lol:

Absolutely!!! Everyone will have to come back to our place and nap and/or eat. That is my only rule has the other owner of the home :lol: If you have a DD, please feel free to drink some more. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, when is this taking place?

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:56 pm

Cupcake Girl wrote:So, when is this taking place?

As soon as warm enough for specators. I need to stomp out some moss and weeds - I opened the Udora Forest Track tonight and that stuff has taken over lane one so the shortest red pebble lane is about 410 metres long. No exaggeration here, I think I was the first one on the track since Cupcake Girl or myself before Christmas. Fit town!
I am fortunate to have Running Free as a sponsor. I like to keep silly stats and maps of my Daily Neighbourhood Tours, Races and Marathons run in a Silly Yellow Shirt.

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:35 am

I think it's time for a title defense.

Labour Day Weekend in Ottawa seems appropriate!

There seems to be some hankering for a Toronto-area defense as well so Udora in September or October too, sorry this did not take place, I was busy ducking all contenders. But let's get through Labour Day first.

Here is the track in the woods for the Udora event:

I am fortunate to have Running Free as a sponsor. I like to keep silly stats and maps of my Daily Neighbourhood Tours, Races and Marathons run in a Silly Yellow Shirt.

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:17 pm

Double Bellybuster wrote:I think it's time for a title defense.

This is going down. Early Friday evening Friday, August 31. I am bring the title 4 hours to Ottawa for the defense. Who's in? Site TBD.

And Girls are welcome, Beer Miles are an event for all!

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:23 pm

Double Bellybuster wrote:
Double Bellybuster wrote:I think it's time for a title defense.

This is going down. Early Friday evening Friday, August 31. I am bring the title 4 hours to Ottawa for the defense. Who's in? Site TBD.

And Girls are welcome, Beer Miles are an event for all!

:think:
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:32 am

A new olympic sport, perhaps ?? :shock: :lol: :wink:

Olympian Nick Symmonds breaks American beer mile record

August 23, 2012

Fresh off his fifth-place finish in the Olympic 800m final, American Nick Symmonds moved up in distance — to the beer mile. He ran a blazing 5:19, lowering his American record, according to his tweet on Tuesday.

The beer mile involves chugging four beers over the course of a mile, run on a regulation 400m track (competitors chug one beer prior to each lap).

The tradition is believed to have started in Kingston, Ont., with the original group drafting up a set of rules that includes specifications on the type of beer, container and percentage of alcohol. The rules also state that vomiting prior to the finish results in a one-lap penalty.

Canada’s Jim Finlayson still holds the world record, according to Beermile.com, with a 5:09 clocking from 2007.

Symmonds’s time puts him No. 3 on the all-time list behind Finlayson and Australian Josh Harris.

Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Ironboy
Abby Hoffman

Postby Ironboy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:33 pm

HCcD wrote:A new olympic sport, perhaps ?? :shock: :lol: :wink:

Olympian Nick Symmonds breaks American beer mile record

August 23, 2012

Fresh off his fifth-place finish in the Olympic 800m final, American Nick Symmonds moved up in distance — to the beer mile. He ran a blazing 5:19, lowering his American record, according to his tweet on Tuesday.

The beer mile involves chugging four beers over the course of a mile, run on a regulation 400m track (competitors chug one beer prior to each lap).

The tradition is believed to have started in Kingston, Ont., with the original group drafting up a set of rules that includes specifications on the type of beer, container and percentage of alcohol. The rules also state that vomiting prior to the finish results in a one-lap penalty.

Canada’s Jim Finlayson still holds the world record, according to Beermile.com, with a 5:09 clocking from 2007.

Symmonds’s time puts him No. 3 on the all-time list behind Finlayson and Australian Josh Harris.

That. Is. Awesome.

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:17 pm

C'mon DBB, definitely we have to do one in Sept/Oct. The only weekends that are a no go for us are the weekends of the Zoo Run, which Pat is doing (Sept 22) and Sunday Oct 14.
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:38 am

Looks like no Beer Mile Friday in Ottawa.

We'll get something happening in the fall, perhaps when interested Maniacs are headed to the area.

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Re: Re: Ottawa beer mile in Orleans. Interested parties mes

Postby Irongirl » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:28 pm

Double Bellybuster wrote:Looks like no Beer Mile Friday in Ottawa.

We'll get something happening in the fall, perhaps when interested Maniacs are headed to the area.

Really? Darn
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

Return to “General Running Discussion”