Tuesday!!

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Half-Mary
Jerome Drayton

Re: Tuesday!!

Postby Half-Mary » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:42 pm

Dentist/rest day for me. I had part 1 of a root canal today. It's been almost 7 hours since the freezing was put in, and it's still only about 1/2 thawed. I'll run tomorrow, after part 2 of the root canal.

DJHL
Bruce Kidd

Postby DJHL » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:19 pm

Got in an easy 8kms after a hectic day at work. Quite breezy and cooling off.

Get back to a regular exercise routine

RobW
Bill Crothers

Postby RobW » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:01 pm

Had a sluggish 9k in slightly humid conditions. The sluggishness wasn't from the conditions, but from the legs feeling heavy for whatever reason.

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:32 pm

I did just over 10K, also a bit sluggish. I wanted to turn around at the 8K mark, and then I remembered I had told alexk in a pm that I would run up a hill for her... so I sucked it up and kept going. :D

12 more school days... :) :) :)
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

LilyRun
Percy Williams

Postby LilyRun » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:03 pm

Ended up staying late after work today but managed to squeeze in 5km before supper. A very hungry 5km!

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:30 pm

ultraslacker wrote:opted for yoga instead of swimming... thought it would be kinder to my poor legs, which are pretty tired from last night. Rode my bike to yoga and then to run an errand, then back up the huge hill to my house... my legs are a little shot now. Hopefully they will be ok for trail run tonight! :)

the legs were not ok for the trail run tonight. started with my trail buddies and within 10 minutes realized that I was not going to be able to keep up on the route we were doing... so I split from them and did an easier route at my own pace. :( tomorrow will be a well-earned rest day! :)
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

marymac442
Jerome Drayton

Postby marymac442 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:15 am

6 km run with the ladies, had drizzle to start but it let up shortly after we started. I was also on the sluggish bandwagon - legs and lungs were definitely not feeling the love tonight. I am hoping to do a long run tomorrow evening to make up for the running I can't do on the weekend - I hope tomorrow is better than today.
Bonsor Breakfast Club
"It's All About the Food

2019 plans - Sun Run Clinic (as usual), make it past tax season with sanity intact, start training, Chicago Marathon !!!

Return to “General Running Discussion”