Simply Saturday

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Robinandamelia
Jerome Drayton

Simply Saturday

Postby Robinandamelia » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:10 am

Wow I'm first.... 12 miles outside today! Training for Chicago starts on Monday!

Nicholas
Site Admin

Re: Simply Saturday

Postby Nicholas » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:24 am

No run for me today. Someone took a huge gash out of my ankle last night at our soccer scrimmage, tackling me while wearing metal rugby cleats....
Nicholas

Events in 2018
Walking, Yoga, Soccer scrimmages and whatever else I can do
Hip replacement on September 10....now doing a variation of the None to Run plan

Sandra
Bill Crothers

Postby Sandra » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:34 am

Easy 10km this morning. Mtb race tomorrow morning but still debating if I will be racing this one. All will depend on the course conditions.
Sandra
"Appreciate what you got and chill when things seem overwhelming."

erinmcd
Bill Crothers

Postby erinmcd » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:36 am

Haven't got out yet, but I will be going out this morning for a run on trails with my daughter, and then later today for my workout- probably 15ish km I think.
Keep on rolling, just a mile to go. Keep on rolling my old buddy, you're moving much too slow.

marymac442
Jerome Drayton

Simply Saturday

Postby marymac442 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:39 am

Shortish run this morning 10 - 12 then afternoon of Dragon Boat racing
Bonsor Breakfast Club
"It's All About the Food

2019 plans - Sun Run Clinic (as usual), make it past tax season with sanity intact, start training, Chicago Marathon !!!

crash
Tom Longboat

Postby crash » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:47 am

Its been a while but ive been around, and running for sure. Race day today Abbotsford police run 10 k!! Looking forward to it and heartbreak hill :D :D :D Hoping I don't DNF but lets see how the hernia holds..........
2011 vancouver energizer 10k race 56:45.89
june 9 2012 Abbotsford police run 10k 56:47
Dec 1 2012 Abbotsford Santa Shuffle 5k 25:30
June 8 2013 Abbotsford Police Run 10k 1:05.38 ( injured)

For ever and ever
“You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just soft people."
- Bill Bowerman

MrBond
Bill Crothers

Postby MrBond » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:23 am

Bike ride later - if the sun ever comes out...?
"You're in over your head Donny..."

lorei
Tom Longboat

Postby lorei » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:27 am

10ishK back in Toronto!

ian
Jerome Drayton

Postby ian » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:35 am

Easy 17K with the old running club.

runJrun
Bill Crothers

Postby runJrun » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:41 am

Going to hit the pool this afternoon. Legs feeling tired after a good week of running and biking :) now for some time in the pool. Long run tomorrow!
Jocelyn

I run because it's my passion, and not just a sport. Every time I walk out the door, I know why I'm going where I'm going and I'm already focused on that special place where I find my peace and solitude. Running, to me, is more than just a physical exercise...it's a consistent reward for victory!
- Sasha Azevedo

Hammie
Jerome Drayton

Postby Hammie » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:07 am

A quick 6k in the sunshine this morning.
2014: the year of new awesomeness!
Rogers Insurance Run for L'Arche Half March 22 - done
Calgary Marathon Wild Rose 50k June 1 - done
Stampede Road Race 5k July 6 - done
Magrath sprint tri July 12 - done!!
Jog for the Bog 10k July 27 - done
Seawheeze Half Marathon August 23 - done
Subaru Banff Sprint Triathlon September 6 - done
Blitz Duathlon September 21 - registered
Portland Marathon October 5 - registered

orleansrunner1962
Jerome Drayton

Postby orleansrunner1962 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:21 am

Home renos this a.m., a bike road this afternoon, and some BBQ'ing with friends tonight -- great Saturday!!
2014:
Mar - Around the Bay 30 km - Done
May - Sulphur Spring 100 miler - DNS
Sept - Army HM
Sept/Oct - 50 miler
Oct - Pace Bunny - Toronto Scotia Waterfront
Dec - Reggae Marathon in Jamaica

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:32 am

going to hike the Chief this afternoon with some friends. I'm very much looking forward to it after a long week of studying! :)
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Simply Saturday

Postby Jwolf » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:37 am

Just an easy 20 min run. One of those beautiful runs where it feels downhill the whole way. 8)
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

Ken B
Lynn Williams

Postby Ken B » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:38 am

Rest day.

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:40 am

Lovely run along the beach this morning- just a bit over 5 and a half km's. It was a good de-stressing run! Now back to report card/real estate hell. :lol: :?
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

temporun
Johnny Miles

Postby temporun » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:48 am

12 km easy run

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:03 pm

Nick - can't trust those rugby players!

JWolf - sounds fabulous!

For me...reunited with my running buddies. One of their husbands is out of town this week, so we took turns running and watching the kids. Total of 14km and not a drop of rain - beautiful morning.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

Doonst
Abby Hoffman

Postby Doonst » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:34 pm

I ran my first race of the year this morning, 12.8 K of trails at Rattlesnake Point put on by 5 Peaks. It was a fine day for running and was both fun and challenging. I finished healthy and happy (to be done). Still the numbers were cruel: although it should not be surprising that running less mileage results in slower paces, the shear extent of it never ceases to amaze. I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.
I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.vI'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.vvI'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.vI'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.v
next up:

This broken wing will fly again
One fine day
This blackbird's mute gonna sing again
One fine day

So all you sinners come out
And all you drunkards crawl out
Come into the light of one fine day

Ken B
Lynn Williams

Postby Ken B » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:37 pm

Well - as long as it isn't bothering you!!!!!! :D! :D! :D!

purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Simply Saturday

Postby purdy65 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:07 pm

14k this afternoon up here at the cottage
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog! 11K Marker post - 2010 ATB.

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Simply Saturday

Postby Jwolf » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:49 pm

Doonst wrote:I ran my first race of the year this morning, 12.8 K of trails at Rattlesnake Point put on by 5 Peaks. It was a fine day for running and was both fun and challenging. I finished healthy and happy (to be done). Still the numbers were cruel: although it should not be surprising that running less mileage results in slower paces, the shear extent of it never ceases to amaze. I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.
I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.vI'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.vvI'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.vI'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.I'm trying (with some success) not to let it drive me crazy.v

Do it for fun, do it for joy.

Or find something else that brings you joy. :)

I'm in the same boat as you... and have realized that I may not be experiencing running in the same way as I used to, but I'm still doing it for the joy of it. And that's where I'll be from here forward.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

erinmcd
Bill Crothers

Postby erinmcd » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:05 pm

erinmcd wrote:Haven't got out yet, but I will be going out this morning for a run on trails with my daughter, and then later today for my workout- probably 15ish km I think.

6.6K on trails at the Goodrich Loomis Conservation Area this morning with my 12 y/o daughter (her longest run ever!) and then 9.5K this evening on trails at Proctor Park COnservation Area with one of my running buddies.
Keep on rolling, just a mile to go. Keep on rolling my old buddy, you're moving much too slow.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:23 pm

Chief was chilly at the top today, with a cool wind and no sun. Otherwise, great conditions. I'll be sad when they commercialize it. :(
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Return to “General Running Discussion”