New 2000m Canadian record!

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:02 pm

Pat and I went to the twilight meet at York tonight where we saw Nate Brannen break the Canadian 2000m record (previously 5:01:57). He ran 4:59:66 with almost dead even splits until the last lap, which he did on his own in 58-59. Pretty cool to see! He took off on that last lap like his pants were on fire!! There were very few people in attendance, which was a bit surprising.

Each time I go to one of these meets I am so impressed with the atmosphere, the encouragement, and the positive energy. They are extremely competitive but it's friendly at the same time. When I get back in shape I'd love to give track a try.
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

BabyWolf
Tom Longboat

Re: New 2000m Canadian record!

Postby BabyWolf » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:49 pm

That's...pretty ridiculous :p There's no denying it...watching something like that its absolutely breath-taking! I got to see some competitions determining an Olympic team once and left with images of crazy feats permanently imprinted on my brain :)

RobW
Bill Crothers

Postby RobW » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:27 pm

Wow, wish I was there to have seen that. Amazing!

Midge
Jerome Drayton

Postby Midge » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:37 am

i dont even cycle that fast
;) early and ;) often - it pays off in the long run

"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:19 am

That's so cool- saw that report on Canadian Running :). Must have been fun to watch- I love watching track meets, too.

He broke Taylor Milne's Canadian record (I saw Taylor at the Jerome Classic in 2008 when he qualified for the Olympics in the 1500- that was super exciting too!! )

P.S. I notice Lisa is now a reporter for CR. ;)
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:38 am

Yeah, I guess I'll keep my day job though. ;) I was texting Michal to tell him he would've won the 1500 handily (against kids) when he messaged asking for the scoop.

PS... His shoes definitely helped... Neon orange which coordinated with a neon orange accent on his shirt. He was wearing a dark green monochromatic (otherwise) outfit which went well with his hair and colouring, and also contrasted well against the orange. It's important to dress for success! ;)
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

jgore
Abby Hoffman

Postby jgore » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:54 am

QuickChick wrote:Yeah, I guess I'll keep my day job though. ;) I was texting Michal to tell him he would've won the 1500 handily (against kids) when he messaged asking for the scoop.

PS... His shoes definitely helped... Neon orange which coordinated with a neon orange accent on his shirt. He was wearing a dark green monochromatic (otherwise) outfit which went well with his hair and colouring, and also contrasted well against the orange. It's important to dress for success! ;)

Have you taken over as RM's fashion critic since ChrisL isn't on here much anymore?

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:21 am

jgore wrote:
QuickChick wrote:Yeah, I guess I'll keep my day job though. ;) I was texting Michal to tell him he would've won the 1500 handily (against kids) when he messaged asking for the scoop.

Have you taken over as RM's fashion critic since ChrisL isn't on here much anymore?

Lol!!
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

Robbie-T
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robbie-T » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:40 pm

Yeah track is definitely cool, I wish I lived closer to TO to make it easier to participate in some. There are plenty of track meets on line, Flotrack covers most, and Trackie.ca covers most of Canadian ones, the Diamond League track series is awesome to watch it travels mostly through Europe. Guelph has held a couple track events and I think they are planning a few more.
Mississauga Marathon - 2:52
Around the Bay - 1:58
Click>> Race History
ItsMyRun.com

"If I'm running, it will be a good run" - Robbie-T

"I just hope that people look at it and say, 'Hey if this yahoo can do it, then I can do it too.' That'd be cool if people thought that. It's just a matter of putting the miles in and working. It's not so much how much talent you have. I hope." - Brian Sell.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift." - Pre

Return to “General Running Discussion”