Ladies I Need Your Help..Faint of Heart Do Not Read

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

IronGoddess
Jerome Drayton

Ladies I Need Your Help..Faint of Heart Do Not Read

Postby IronGoddess » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:55 pm

Ok you have been warned... This is too much information but I need some help in the vagjj department. I have the worst ingrown hair on my bikini line. It is swollen and super red and it hurts.I can not even wear underwear. I have had these before after lots of bike training but this one is off the charts. I am asking for advice and home treatments, please.
IMC 2015

trixiee
Lynn Williams

Re: Ladies I Need Your Help..Faint of Heart Do Not Read

Postby trixiee » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:14 pm

Sitz Baths - 3 or 4 a day, twenty minutes at a time... eventually it'll soften, and you can "pop" the hair and yucky stuff out. Good luck!
http://connect.garmin.com/profile/trixiee14

Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
~ Dr. Suess~
Life is short. Drink the good wine first!

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:17 pm

If you can get any grip at all on the hair then pluck it out, you'd be amazed at how that can relieve some of the pressure.
Soak it a few times a day, then "pop" it when it softens enough.

ETA: I see Trix beat me to the soaking solution.
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

CAW
Lynn Williams

Postby CAW » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:18 pm

....and proof again that Maniac's are a plethora of knowledge....and that nothing is disturbing enough to gross us out.

...and that regardless of the situation, there's likely one or two of us who've been there before.

*BigGroupHug* :YMHUG:
~Kara~

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself."
— Thich Nhat Hanh

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:44 pm

I don't have a hoo-ha, but I do have hairy nether regions, and can be prone to the same thing.

Second the suggestion to soak it. I also cover angry little outbursts with moleskin to protect against chafing, and covering somehow seems to make them less angry. Finally, I make sure to keep it super-clean because of infection.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

CAW
Lynn Williams

Postby CAW » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:47 pm

Now I'm :YMSICK: with the mental image of Turd's "hairy nether regions" (which, in my mind's eye, is a Hairy Ken doll...for mental health sake)
~Kara~

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself."
— Thich Nhat Hanh

CAW
Lynn Williams

Postby CAW » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:49 pm

:shifty: I'll just go back to my beer now. :oops:
~Kara~

— Thich Nhat Hanh

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:55 pm

CAW wrote:Now I'm :YMSICK: with the mental image of Turd's "hairy nether regions" (which, in my mind's eye, is a Hairy Ken doll...for mental health sake)

My non-nether regions are also hairy if that helps
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:07 pm

CAW wrote:....and proof again that Maniac's are a plethora of knowledge....and that nothing is disturbing enough to gross us out.

...and that regardless of the situation, there's likely one or two of us who've been there before.

*BigGroupHug* :YMHUG:

Amen to that.
I've never had this problem...but if I do I now know what to do!
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

CAW
Lynn Williams

Postby CAW » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:07 pm

turd ferguson wrote:
CAW wrote:Now I'm :YMSICK: with the mental image of Turd's "hairy nether regions" (which, in my mind's eye, is a Hairy Ken doll...for mental health sake)

:lol:
~Kara~

— Thich Nhat Hanh

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:07 pm

turd ferguson wrote:

ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol:
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus

drghfx
Abby Hoffman

Postby drghfx » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:30 pm

turd ferguson wrote:I don't have a hoo-ha, but I do have hairy nether regions, and can be prone to the same thing.

Second the suggestion to soak it. I also cover angry little outbursts with moleskin to protect against chafing, and covering somehow seems to make them less angry. Finally, I make sure to keep it super-clean because of infection.

I'm just disappointed Turd used the American spelling of hoo-ha and not the Canadian version hoo-hah.
"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers but borrowed from his children." - John James Audubon

"The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"I was watching the London Marathon and saw one runner dressed as a chicken and another runner dressed as an egg. I thought: 'This could be interesting'." - Paddy Lennox

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast!" - author unknown

DonnaRigs
Bill Crothers

Postby DonnaRigs » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:44 pm

I have this AWESOME stuff my esthetician sold me it's a lotion to help prevent and treat ingrowns. Mine wasn't available commercially, but there's a bunch listed on Sally Beauty.com
What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:47 pm

drghfx wrote:
turd ferguson wrote:I don't have a hoo-ha, but I do have hairy nether regions, and can be prone to the same thing.

I'm just disappointed Turd used the American spelling of hoo-ha and not the Canadian version hoo-hah.

Why am I not surprised you would drop by with a comment...and no useful advice.
-5 beers.

IronGoddess
Jerome Drayton

Postby IronGoddess » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:06 pm

Thanks ROTFL!!!!
IMC 2015

chunkymonkeymelonhed
Lynn Williams

Postby chunkymonkeymelonhed » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:54 pm

I've had one of those
Not fun
Soaking it is excellent advice
This too will pop and go away
On the books for 2017:
50th Birthday!!
Boston Marathon- April 17th what a day- DREAM COME TRUE :dance:
Run for Water 10K- May 28th
Scotia Half - June 25th
Trail River Run half marathon- Sept. 30- CANCELLED
MEC 10K Race 10- Nov. 5

Hammie
Jerome Drayton

Postby Hammie » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:01 pm

Another vote for soaking.

Get a pair of tweezers with a really sharp point (not the flat, slanted ones). After soaking, poke around and grab the ingrown hair with the tweezers and yank it out. The hairs there get ingrown because they curl under as they grow, so sometimes you have to go digging for them to relieve the pressure. It hurts like ****, but gets better once the hair is gone. Once it heals a bit, scrubbing the *ahem* "area" with something a bit abrasive (like one of those rough plastic sponges) will help a little bit to prevent them in the future.

Or so I've heard :shifty:
2014: the year of new awesomeness!
Rogers Insurance Run for L'Arche Half March 22 - done
Calgary Marathon Wild Rose 50k June 1 - done
Stampede Road Race 5k July 6 - done
Magrath sprint tri July 12 - done!!
Jog for the Bog 10k July 27 - done
Seawheeze Half Marathon August 23 - done
Subaru Banff Sprint Triathlon September 6 - done
Blitz Duathlon September 21 - registered
Portland Marathon October 5 - registered

Robinandamelia
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robinandamelia » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:31 am

Hammie wrote:Another vote for soaking.

Get a pair of tweezers with a really sharp point (not the flat, slanted ones). After soaking, poke around and grab the ingrown hair with the tweezers and yank it out. The hairs there get ingrown because they curl under as they grow, so sometimes you have to go digging for them to relieve the pressure. It hurts like ****, but gets better once the hair is gone. Once it heals a bit, scrubbing the *ahem* "area" with something a bit abrasive (like one of those rough plastic sponges) will help a little bit to prevent them in the future.

Or so I've heard :shifty:

+1

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:16 am

Hammie wrote:Another vote for soaking.

Get a pair of tweezers with a really sharp point (not the flat, slanted ones). After soaking, poke around and grab the ingrown hair with the tweezers and yank it out. The hairs there get ingrown because they curl under as they grow, so sometimes you have to go digging for them to relieve the pressure.

Our onetime doctor recommended something similar, except he gave me a large-gauge needle (sharper, better for digging, starts out sterile).

DonnaRigs
Bill Crothers

Postby DonnaRigs » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:29 pm

And EXFOLIATE, EXFOLIATE, EXFOLIATE! Then they don't become an issue :)
What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?

DLS
Bruce Kidd

Postby DLS » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:30 am

DonnaRigs wrote:And EXFOLIATE, EXFOLIATE, EXFOLIATE! Then they don't become an issue :)

To prevent this, you can buy an exfoliating glove at Shoppers Drug Mart, and then moisturize every day. This seems to help a lot.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:06 pm

DLS wrote:
DonnaRigs wrote:And EXFOLIATE, EXFOLIATE, EXFOLIATE! Then they don't become an issue :)

To prevent this, you can buy an exfoliating glove at Shoppers Drug Mart, and then moisturize every day. This seems to help a lot.

oh yeah, I saw those gloves and wondered what they're good for. :P

I just bought a new sponge ball thingy (what ARE those things called?!) from shoppers as well, and it is firmer/rougher than most so it's better for exfoliating... I really like it. Look for the marble coloured ones.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Stampie
Abby Hoffman

Postby Stampie » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:58 pm

You are not far off the mark here CAW! Leave it to Turd to post a mental image that can only be removed by poking your eyes out with knitting needles/rust butter knife or attempting a partial lobotomy thru your ears.
PB’s (official race results)
5K – 26:20; 8K – 41:28; 10K – 52:13; 15K - 1:22:43; 21.1K – 1:54:16; 30K – 2:51:34; 42.2K – 4:24:14

What is up for 2018
Feb 11th - First Half Vancouver
TBA
Planning & in my sights
Jun 9th - Puddle Jumper Classic

Run the mile you're in. Not the one behind you, and not the one in front of you - the one you are running now :) - purdy65

runJrun
Bill Crothers

Postby runJrun » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:43 pm

DLS wrote:

I imagine you would want to do the exfoliating lightly? I am thinking rug burn down there would not be pleasant either! lol
Jocelyn

I run because it's my passion, and not just a sport. Every time I walk out the door, I know why I'm going where I'm going and I'm already focused on that special place where I find my peace and solitude. Running, to me, is more than just a physical exercise...it's a consistent reward for victory!
- Sasha Azevedo

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:55 pm

Stampie wrote:

You are not far off the mark here CAW! Leave it to Turd to post a mental image that can only be removed by poking your eyes out with knitting needles/rust butter knife or attempting a partial lobotomy thru your ears.

I recommend a pair of tweezers with a really sharp point (not the flat, slanted ones).

Return to “General Running Discussion”