EachCoach.com

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Stampie
Abby Hoffman

EachCoach.com

Postby Stampie » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:59 am

Anyone familiar with this site? I came across this site today.

http://life.nationalpost.com/2013/07/31/run-coach-get-coached-introducing-eachcoach/
PB’s (official race results)
5K – 26:20; 8K – 41:28; 10K – 52:13; 15K - 1:22:43; 21.1K – 1:54:16; 30K – 2:51:34; 42.2K – 4:24:14

What is up for 2018
Feb 11th - First Half Vancouver
TBA
Planning & in my sights
Jun 9th - Puddle Jumper Classic

Run the mile you're in. Not the one behind you, and not the one in front of you - the one you are running now :) - purdy65

La
Kevin Sullivan

Re: EachCoach.com

Postby La » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:35 am

Yup. I chatted with Ben Kaplan at the National Post about it. It's kind of like RM in a way (or at least it serves the same purpose, which is to get feedback and motivation on your runs). What I said to him about it is that since everyone who is posting is a recreational athlete, I'd be concerned (as I am here) about people spreading misinformation about how people should train, recover, etc*. I told him there'd be more value if he had a panel of accredited experts who could provide feedback, too.

But really, the posts, comments and advice on that site wouldn't be any better/worse than anything you'd get from people on RM. And since I'm already part of the community here, I don't really have any motivation to switch to another medium for feedback.

*ETA: when he sent me the sample site to look at there were a couple of comments/suggestions that were just plain wrong (or rather, long-held myths like "lactic acid buildup" or something like that).
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

AjaxRunner
Tom Longboat

Re: EachCoach.com

Postby AjaxRunner » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:33 pm

Stampie wrote:Anyone familiar with this site? I came across this site today.

http://life.nationalpost.com/2013/07/31/run-coach-get-coached-introducing-eachcoach/

Yes I have "used" it a couple of times. I have provided similar feedback to Ben as LA has.

Personally I find the feedback somewhat useless unless I know who it is coming from. He has had some interesting "guest instructors" on, but often the information back was very generic. Makes for a nice page in the National Post, not sure it really helps any runner past generic information which is already relatively widely available.

Return to “General Running Discussion”