Music While Running

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Re: Music While Running

Postby Jwolf » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:26 pm

dgrant wrote:I mostly listen podcasts while running. Lots of mindless sports ones (Bill Simmons, etc) because they're not too distracting and if I zone out I won't really be missing anything important.

The beauty of podcasts is that you can go back and relisten if you miss something. :) I don't usually have to do that though. I also find that running while listening to something "important" helps me to remember it better.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:31 pm

Jwolf wrote:
dgrant wrote:I mostly listen podcasts while running. Lots of mindless sports ones (Bill Simmons, etc) because they're not too distracting and if I zone out I won't really be missing anything important.

The beauty of podcasts is that you can go back and relisten if you miss something. :) I don't usually have to do that though. I also find that running while listening to something "important" helps me to remember it better.

The drawback of podcasts: When you're running along busy streets or over, say, oh, I don't know... Lion's Gate bridge, and there's lots of traffic, especially when it's raining, they get drowned out! (The volume on my old little mp3 player only goes so high!)
"I was thinking of you yesterday as I was running through the woods. As I jumped over a fallen tree I said "If I were [bruyere], I'd be bleeding by now"." - Turd Ferguson

barebuns1
Bill Crothers

Postby barebuns1 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:28 pm

Last night I ran listening to Metallica "Metallica". I found it a horrible album to run to. It felt I was all over the treadmill! I thought all the music sounded the same. :(
If you have to ask me why I Run, You probably wouldn't understand!

skinnybopper71
Percy Williams

Postby skinnybopper71 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:22 pm

that album does......try Ride the Lightning or some Megadeth (Youthanasia) ...

Ernest

Return to “General Running Discussion”