awesome new running app

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

awesome new running app

Postby QuickChick » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:58 am

Hey everyone, one of my best friends works for Canadian Running Magazine and she was telling me about this app they just had developed. I downloaded it and it's FANTASTIC! It's called race guide, and it's free. You can search over 1500 Canadian races, read reviews, rate races and add races to your calendar. It uses your location if you let it as well, and finds all the races near you. Right now it's available for iOs, but an android version is being developed. Anyway, check it out!
Link to iTunes store
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Re: awesome new running app

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:25 am

Cool. I will check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

phorunner
Bruce Kidd

Postby phorunner » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:28 am

android?

2012 Bread and Honey 5k: 27:30
2012 Harry Rosen 8k: 45:20
2012 SL10k: 52:55
2013 Army Run: 1:58:49
2011 Midsummer's Night Run 15k: 1:35:17
2013 ATB 30k - Coming up!
2011 Scotia TWM Full: UGH! I'll post my next one

marymac442
Jerome Drayton

Postby marymac442 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:42 am

I checked it out, it is essentially a race calendar in app form. It wasn't great for Vancouver - still had some races that have been discontinued and didn't include some new races that have started up.
Bonsor Breakfast Club
"It's All About the Food

2019 plans - Sun Run Clinic (as usual), make it past tax season with sanity intact, start training, Chicago Marathon !!!

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:25 am

yeah I was trying to figure out how to add races but I don't see it on there. :/ it doesn't have a lot listed. I'm assuming that as they develop it they will include more... and/or an add feature?
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

dansway07

Postby dansway07 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:46 pm

Hi there! Thanks for your interest in the RaceGuide app. I work for Canadian Running magazine and am responsible for the race guide publication and mobile app. We currently have over 1,500 events listed and are adding more every day. To have an event added, simply contact us at raceguide@runningmagazine.ca with the event details (name, date, location, distance(s), website, contact, etc) and I'll add it to our database. Currently, the app is only available for iOS but the Android version is being developed and should be released shortly. Thanks again and happy running!

Return to “General Running Discussion”