Friday

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

jacob42.2
Bill Crothers

Friday

Postby jacob42.2 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:43 am

It's Friday, end of the work week, start of my Toronto excursion :? . Since I won't be around on the weekend here is my plan

REST today.
10k on Saturday.
22k on Sunday.

I imagine my Dad wants to take me Golfing, that should be interesting. :shock: Cheers, and everyone have a great weekend, good luck to all racing too!
PB's: 5k: 16:40 10K: 34:59 21.1: 1:17:16 Marathon: 02:50:47
RUNNING MANIA #2

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:49 am

Just a scheduled Rest Day for me today .... Ended up running a steady 8K (7.5K running/ .5K walking cooldown) tempo run yesterday, and it felt good ... Though not at my optimum (pre injury/crash), it still was where I am happy to be, as far as my goal pace for the Canadian Half DU in two weeks time ...

Scheduled for this weekend, assuming the weather holds up :

Saturday : 70-75K bike / 15K run
Sunday : easy 2hour recovery bike ride

Take care and have a wonderful day ... andy :) Peace !!!!
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:14 am

Jacob...have fun with your dad...

Today...fourty minute run that has two km at 10k race pace in the middle of the run.

Taking the afternoon off work to get some stuff done at home. Busy weekend shaping up...

Joanne
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

garth
Bill Crothers

Postby garth » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:03 am

rest day for me and lot of rain in the forecast but if it lets up maybe a bike ride.
Please consider the jobs of those in the forest industry before deciding not to print stuff

ChrisL
Jerome Drayton

Postby ChrisL » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:42 am

Rest day for me today.

Ran 15k at marathon a practice pace last night (5:45/km) HR below 145 (68%) during the whole run. Felt like an easy run.
Faster, stronger, meaner....Arrgh, matey!

If you are not first, you're last - Reese Bobby

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:43 am

scheduled rest day. I need it. Last night's run was awful.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:01 am

rest day for me too. hungover day for me too. :oops: had my last class last night, then went out with the classmates. ran into the recent ex at the bar, never good. anyway, the night went downhill from there. now i am hungover and sad. but i'll get over it when i get some rest. so tired.

Monolithic
Johnny Miles

Postby Monolithic » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:07 am

hopefully hitting a 10k trail in Oakville tonight...the weather is pretty bad though....with a bit of luck it'll be clear after work....

Stephan
Abby Hoffman

Postby Stephan » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:21 am

Woke up late this morning, so now I am working from the home office.......planning a 5K run sometime today. Nice day today, will run it at race pace and see where that leaves me. TBC

Cheers,

Stephan

BJH
Lynn Williams

Postby BJH » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:27 am

42 minute swim today. 15 minute warm up then 10x100m intervals, then cool down. This was my first time in the water since mid July, so it took a little bit to get settled in.

I tried out a new pool today, Emmerson. The lockers were a bit small in the change room. Otherwise, it was apretty good. It is on the way to work, has morning swimming five days a week and is 25m, not 25 yards. :) :)
The road to hell is paved. Run trails.

La
Kevin Sullivan

Re: Friday

Postby La » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:32 am

jacob42.2 wrote:It's Friday, end of the work week, start of my Toronto excursion :? . Since I won't be around on the weekend here is my plan

REST today.
10k on Saturday.
22k on Sunday.

I imagine my Dad wants to take me Golfing, that should be interesting. :shock: Cheers, and everyone have a great weekend, good luck to all racing too!

Hey, Jacob... since you're going to be in TO - I'm looking for someone to ride 100K with me on Saturday. Interested?? :wink:
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

Scott
Bill Crothers

Postby Scott » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:42 am

Hey all,

rest day for me, just came back from an hour massage for my legs and lower back. Ouch, she worked me over good.

Angela, cheer up girl! Do something for yourself today, drink lots of water/fluids. It will get better, I promise.

Scott

runJrun
Bill Crothers

Postby runJrun » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:19 am

Good morning all! Taper day for me. I have to admit, this tapering thing is hard! I have lots of energy though which is a good thing. Tonight just going to read and relax, have the Friendship Run in the morning and then a friends wedding ceremony to go to, then home to relax some more! 2 more sleeps, BRING IT ON! :? :D

Have a good one everybody!

Jocelyn 8)

CAW
Lynn Williams

Postby CAW » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:29 am

If I remember correctly, Dani was supposed to have a rest day today, but swapped it on Tues for hills, therefore, Hills for Dani today....I promised to hold her to it.

I have my training 4.3 or 30 minutes of run/walking....so maybe I will beat down Dani's door and haul her booty to the gym and we can do it together....cus I am not feeling much like running today....

I just want to celebrate my anniversary with my hubby and a big ol bottle o wine!
~Kara~

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself."
— Thich Nhat Hanh

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:56 am

Scottie_M wrote:Angela, cheer up girl! Do something for yourself today, drink lots of water/fluids. It will get better, I promise.

Scott
Oh, I'm cheered. I am fine, just a big sook. I am going for lunch with a girlfriend in a few minutes. Should be good. Then going to meet the boy after work for an hour to chat and get some closure. It's actually alot better now.

Cheermidget
Bruce Kidd

Postby Cheermidget » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:13 am

I DID IT!!!

So I haven't run more than 5K since June, and this morning I decided to bite the bullet and see if I can regain my 10K running glory.

The boyfriend and I started out together, and at 2.5K, we parted ways (he had to do a 5K out-and-back b/c he had to be in the lab early). I headed towards the canal, and ran back to the Old Port, and up into downtown. 10K in 54 minutes! I'm back! I can run again! :D

So needless to say, I feel confident that I can train for a January marathon. Bring on Texas!!!!

Have a great day, everyone!
~Rae

graciousgoat
Bruce Kidd

Postby graciousgoat » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:14 am

I need to do at least 7 k today. I'm trying to do 4 days a week for the half marathon training instead of trying to do 5 and ending up only doing 3. Hope it works, but I'm not sure if I should then be adding some distance to one of the shorter runs. Guess I should just aim to get out 4 times a week and worry about the distance once I get that habit down!

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:14 am

congrats! that's awesome.

I did 10k on wednesday and it took me 1:05 so you are doing well. :)

(not that I am the standard for speed, lol)
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

paulg
Tom Longboat

Postby paulg » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:14 am

jbenson wrote:Good morning all! Taper day for me. I have to admit, this tapering thing is hard! I have lots of energy though which is a good thing. Tonight just going to read and relax, have the Friendship Run in the morning and then a friends wedding ceremony to go to, then home to relax some more! 2 more sleeps, BRING IT ON! :? :D

Jocelyn 8)

That's the way. Great spirit !!! (Where's the double thumbs up sign ?)

Paul

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:18 am

paulg wrote:
jbenson wrote:Good morning all! Taper day for me. I have to admit, this tapering thing is hard! I have lots of energy though which is a good thing. Tonight just going to read and relax, have the Friendship Run in the morning and then a friends wedding ceremony to go to, then home to relax some more! 2 more sleeps, BRING IT ON! :? :D

Jocelyn 8)

That's the way. Great spirit !!! (Where's the double thumbs up sign ?)

Paul

Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

farmgirlinthecity
Bill Crothers

Postby farmgirlinthecity » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:13 pm

29k for me this morning...started at 5:00 and ready to fall asleep at my desk now...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Have a great week-end everyone!
Jenn

A Fit Mom is a Powerful Mom

“When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow - it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before.” Jacob Riis

Ken B
Lynn Williams

Postby Ken B » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:21 pm

Unplanned rest day for me. My 12 km run with the "Usual Suspects" was cancelled due to heavy rain and lightning. As I have been logging many,many kms in the past several weeks I took it as a sign from the Running Gods that I needed an extra rest day. Three weeks to my next Marathon at Lake Ainslie, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia

Stephan
Abby Hoffman

Postby Stephan » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:53 pm

Just got back from a quick 5K (22:40) and my lungs are on fire. I am coughing up like crazy and sweating bullets. Averaged a 4:32 pace and that included 2 "one minute" walking breaks. This was my last run till the race on Sunday. I am shooting for 45 and would be satisfied with anything under 50. Pretty good considering I took 1 hour and 20 minutes to run 10K eight months ago. I can't imagine doing sub-20 for 5K!!! I was huffing it like crazy, damm you Jacob!!!! I catch up with you yet my friend. :P

RunDiva
Bill Crothers

Postby RunDiva » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:54 pm

Welcome Tortoise!!!

Rest day for me today.
Wore my new shoes last night for my 10k tempo run with Tortoise. Shins feel much better today!

Tomorrow a 6k run, then Sunday is rest day as I will be out of town for my Godson's Christening.

Have a great weekend.
Good luck to all the racers!!!

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:11 pm

Bailed on my plans to ride to work and go to the gym before work when I heard the rain teeming outside this morning :( . I brought all my gear to work and am happy to report that I did manage to get out at lunch to do 30 minutes on the elliptical! :D

But the even better news is that I did it entirely PAIN FREE!! :D :D :D Things are starting to look up for me now! I might even try to run on Sunday, which I suspect will help me mentally more than physically at this point. I'm starting to get worried that I haven't run more than 15K since K-Town and I have to run 21.1 on September 3rd! :shock:
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

Return to “General Running Discussion”