Hello From Spencer's Dad

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Spencer's Dad

Hello From Spencer's Dad

Postby Spencer's Dad » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:14 am

Hi. I am Steve, Spencer's dad. Some of the old-timers on this list will remember Spencer. We certainly remember the running maniacs. A large number of you gave a lot of orange blood inspired by Spencer and his story. Thank you for that! I wanted to let you know his story is now published:

I'll Shave My Head Too: A Father's Stories Through the Happy Hell of Childhood Cancer http://www.shavemyheadtoo.com

And you can see Spencer at a blood clinic in some of the footage with this interview on the book:

http://globalnews.ca/video/1837062/ill-shave-my-head-too-by-steve-dolling

Note the above message is entirely commercial in nature. Any proceeds from the sale of the book will go towards the purchase of an oceangoing sailing vessel and the provision of that vessel with rum. The rest will be wasted on bald kids.

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Re: Hello From Spencer's Dad

Postby Jo-Jo » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:59 am

You beat Andy and me to the punch here :lol: :lol:
I ordered two of your books (hard cover) and received them in a timely fashion.
Reading this book brought back lots of memories of reading your blog...and training for Boston in the winter of 2007/2008.
You didn't mention that there's a Maniac wearing an RM t-shirt in the video footage!

I think this book would appeal to anyone (not just the people who know Spencer's story)who wants a reminder to seize the day and live life to the fullest.

I hope you sell lots of books...I want a private cabin on the sailboat. :D :D :wink:
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

drghfx
Abby Hoffman

Postby drghfx » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:27 am

Jo-Jo wrote:You beat Andy and me to the punch here :lol: :lol:
I ordered two of your books (hard cover) and received them in a timely fashion.
Reading this book brought back lots of memories of reading your blog...and training for Boston in the winter of 2007/2008.
You didn't mention that there's a Maniac wearing an RM t-shirt in the video footage!

I think this book would appeal to anyone (not just the people who know Spencer's story)who wants a reminder to seize the day and live life to the fullest.

I hope you sell lots of books...I want a private cabin on the sailboat. :D :D :wink:

+5 rum toddies for Jo-Jo!
"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers but borrowed from his children." - John James Audubon

"The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"I was watching the London Marathon and saw one runner dressed as a chicken and another runner dressed as an egg. I thought: 'This could be interesting'." - Paddy Lennox

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast!" - author unknown

Robinandamelia
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robinandamelia » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:29 am

I followed Spencer as well online and think of him often. Thanks for the post!

chunkymonkeymelonhed
Lynn Williams

Postby chunkymonkeymelonhed » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:32 am

Hi Steve!

So excited about the book and I can't wait to get my hands on it. Spencer and your entire family have had a huge impact on many of us on the site.
You've had my bro and sister-in-law out on that pirate ship of yours and they have loved the adventure!
My best to you, Foster, and Princess Peach :wink:
On the books for 2017:
50th Birthday!!
Boston Marathon- April 17th what a day- DREAM COME TRUE :dance:
Run for Water 10K- May 28th
Scotia Half - June 25th
Trail River Run half marathon- Sept. 30- CANCELLED
MEC 10K Race 10- Nov. 5

Return to “General Running Discussion”