Sunday

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Sunday

Postby turd ferguson » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:40 am

I can't remember the last time I started a daily thread!

Racing this morning - 10k at the Stampede Road Race. Then the kids race on the track. Mega cute!

First road race for me in forever. Guaranteed PW incoming.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Re: Sunday

Postby RA. » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:42 am

Good luck, Turd!

7k done on the trail, starting and ending at the coffee shop. The trail is uphill on the first half, so I always get a nice negative split. :)
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Postby purdy65 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:44 am

13k with run club. Now DH and I are headed for lunch in the distillery district then I head over to my shift at the village.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog! 11K Marker post - 2010 ATB.

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:35 am

Have a great race, Mike. :)

I forgot to post yesterday, but I did another run/walk-- this time 33 min, just under 5K, with 10-and-1s. That was three days in a row of little runs, so today I'm off to the gym.

Today is the first day in a while that we've woken up to clouds, and it's this weird yellowish sky out there-- don't know what's up. I feel like I'm looking through yellow-tinted ski goggles. My daughter said the same thing, so it's not my eyes! I'm thinking forest fires, but that can't explain the entire sky looking that way??

Have a great one, everyone.

eta: the only thing I could find on searching was a discussion on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/comm ... sky_today/
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:59 am

smoke + dust. You don't notice the dust so much in town but if you go into the forest it's dust through the air, everywhere, because the ground is so dry. Yesterday every time a mountain biker passed me on the trail I was eating clouds of dust. I've been feeling that and the smoke in my nose and throat for a couple of days now. :(

Supposed to meet up with a friend later for a trail run but my legs are bagged so I'm going to suggest a hike instead!
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

NMG
Bill Crothers

Postby NMG » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:09 am

8K for me this morning, it was already quite warm by 8AM.

RobW
Bill Crothers

Postby RobW » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:05 pm

Jwolf wrote:I forgot to post yesterday, but I did another run/walk-- this time 33 min, just under 5K, with 10-and-1s. That was three days in a row of little runs, so today I'm off to the gym.
Great to see you making progress. :)

I did 7k today in 39 minutes. That's more like it compared to the 7.5k in 34 minutes the running app recorded (which was my fault because I didn't have the settings correct.)

marymac442
Jerome Drayton

Postby marymac442 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:49 pm

9k this morning, a lot of high haze to start from the forest fires to the north but it got quite hot once that burned off. Legs are still tired from last week and lungs a bit off from the air quality so it was a pretty slow run.
Bonsor Breakfast Club
"It's All About the Food

2019 plans - Sun Run Clinic (as usual), make it past tax season with sanity intact, start training, Chicago Marathon !!!

Joe Dwarf
Bill Crothers

Postby Joe Dwarf » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:50 pm

Air quality index here is in the toilet again, strenuous activity outside strongly discouraged. I'm at work anyway.

ian
Jerome Drayton

Postby ian » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:45 pm

25K of trails at the Blackfoot Recreation Area.

temporun
Johnny Miles

Postby temporun » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:42 pm

10 km in hot and humid conditions.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:46 pm

ultraslacker wrote:Supposed to meet up with a friend later for a trail run but my legs are bagged so I'm going to suggest a hike instead!

She ended up bailing due to stomach issues so I waited until evening and ran 7.6 miles, paved. My legs felt way better than I expected. One knee has been bothering me since Hanes valley two weeks ago, but nothing that a taper won't fix.

I just squeaked by 80km for the week (that's why the odd distance tonight!).
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:57 pm

For accountability purposes, posting my result here: 1:05:02

On the plus side, I missed my target by 2 seconds. That's pretty good, right?

On the down side, its a 4 minute PW. 4 minutes worse than the time I ran 1:01 four days after getting hit by a car. 19 minutes off my PB from exactly five years ago.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:38 pm

turd ferguson wrote:For accountability purposes, posting my result here: 1:05:02

On the down side, its a 4 minute PW. 4 minutes worse than the time I ran 1:01 four days after getting hit by a car. 19 minutes off my PB from exactly five years ago.

Thanks for keeping it real, Mike. :) Did you have fun?
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:08 pm

Jwolf wrote:
turd ferguson wrote:For accountability purposes, posting my result here: 1:05:02

Thanks for keeping it real, Mike. :) Did you have fun?

A different kind of fun.

Return to “General Running Discussion”