Blister on (ring toe?) second last toe

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

brettlegault
Percy Williams

Blister on (ring toe?) second last toe

Postby brettlegault » Mon May 15, 2017 10:22 am

Hey,

I've been training for the MB marathon coming up in June and I completed my weekly long run yesterday (9 miles) and then played two games of softball in a tournament. Anyways, when I got home and took off my shoes and socks I had a fairly large blister on my second last toe, right on the bottom. It was full of fluid so I popped it last night and put some peroxide on it. Well this morning it was full again and its painful to walk now. My concern is for my training going forward, is it okay to push through the pain and run on it if I put a band aid on or is that going to just make it worse.

Any suggestions or help people can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Spirit Unleashed
Lynn Williams

Re: Blister on (ring toe?) second last toe

Postby Spirit Unleashed » Mon May 15, 2017 11:05 am

brettlegault wrote:Hey,

I've been training for the MB marathon coming up in June and I completed my weekly long run yesterday (9 miles) and then played two games of softball in a tournament. Anyways, when I got home and took off my shoes and socks I had a fairly large blister on my second last toe, right on the bottom. It was full of fluid so I popped it last night and put some peroxide on it. Well this morning it was full again and its painful to walk now. My concern is for my training going forward, is it okay to push through the pain and run on it if I put a band aid on or is that going to just make it worse.

Any suggestions or help people can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Pop the blister again. Then wrap the toe in Bandaid brand blister pads. Wrap the whole end of it, but you will have to experiment with what feels comfortable for you. This is a water proof solution and can be left on.
Athlete....Maniac 973....Marathon Maniac 6645
Live the most amazing life you can live - La
marathon runners are awesomeness personified - Ian
Bucket list: http://www.tassietrailfest.com.au/
http://ultramonk.blogspot.com/

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Mon May 15, 2017 1:27 pm

I'm with Spirit on this. I pop and clean and use the bandaid brand blister bandaid. Once it's feeling a bit better I smother my feet in body glide.
Best wishes with your training.
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue May 16, 2017 11:30 am

the ultra runner in me needs you to post a picture of the blister so that we can properly assess it. :lol: 8)
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Return to “General Running Discussion”