Beat you all to the Thursday thread! (from 2005)

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Dani
Jerome Drayton

Beat you all to the Thursday thread! (from 2005)

Postby Dani » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:16 am

See... there is a benefit to working nights! I was just sitting, watching the news, eating ice cream (of course) and realized its Thursday!!

Today I am scheduled for only 3k on my 1/2 training but I to make up for the lack of exercise, I think I will bike to the gym and home (16k roundtrip) Gonna do some weights too. I have to burn off the ice cream I just ate... :shock:
But before I do that, I need to go to sleep and stay in that state till at least 10:00 am. Luckily my son sleeps late with me. he he

Has anyone contacted Semi-Intelligent Man? I sure enjoy him... would love to see him here with us.

Have a great day!

Dani
Last edited by Dani on Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:54 am

well I was sleeping but woke up so here I am...hopefully I can get back to sleep after this.

Tonight I will be having dinner at someone's house so I will have to squeeze in my run after... but I also told my brother we'd play tennis, so I'm not sure how I'll fit it all in. I'll make something work! I just haven't decided on the distance yet, 3-5 miles. :)
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

lastmilelori
Johnny Miles

Postby lastmilelori » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:20 am

Good Morning everyone!

I am about to go for my run- probably a 3K as my bottom is a bit sore from an exhilarating stairclimber workout. They should put a warning on those machines...Warning: Risk of sore bum. Use with caution

Anyhoo- I am off. I am sure that my form will be quite comical.

It is 5C right now. What's with that?

Have a great day everyone!

Lori

jacob42.2
Bill Crothers

Postby jacob42.2 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:55 am

YARG DANI!! I even had a good title for this thread. Oh well, I'll have you advantage soon enough when I come out East next week. Lets see your presious time zone save you then! hehe..

As for me, another day at the track, but to be honest I'd trade all this speed for one more run over 10k!! Two days I've only put in 10k. Whereas last week at this time I was already up to 27k.

3k,2x800(SI),2x400(SI).

Anyone wanna do the math on that, and tell me again how far I'll be going!! :x :cry: :? hehe
PB's: 5k: 16:40 10K: 34:59 21.1: 1:17:16 Marathon: 02:50:47
RUNNING MANIA #2

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:26 am

Just an easy 5K run this afternoon and then my taper starts for K-Town on Sunday ...

BTW: Will meet you at the Grizzly Grill around 12:30-1:00pm on Sunday, JoJo ... Will be the one picking up a race kit.. :lol:

andy :) Peace !!!!
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:43 am

Today I have to do the hill workout I should have done yesterday but I wasn't feeling well...didn't sleep well the night before.... This is a tough hill workout (nine X 30 second hills..100% effort).

Looking forward to meeting Andy...I'm in the last minute panic of organizing the Emily Street water station. Hey Jacob...wanna come to Kingston and volunteer??

K-Town is such an awesome event...

Joanne

and C-Moss...who is sulking cuz she thought it was This Year she got to do the swim portion on a relay team :wink:
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

jacob42.2
Bill Crothers

Postby jacob42.2 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:46 am

When is the event? I doubt I'll be able to make it, but I would like too. My old man, is finally coming to Ottawa on Saturday. I haven't seen him since he left for Syria a year and a bit ago. He hasn't seen me, since before I ran my first marathon hehe...Sunday, I have to get organized for NB, as I'll be working all week until Wednesday (the day I leave) However, you did say you'd be at the Xerox right?

RUNNING MANIA #2

TheBman
Jerome Drayton

Postby TheBman » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:58 am

Andy...whats with the new name?
Riding hills tonight...only a few.....but some good ones.
Anyone wanna join?

TheBman
The MARATHON GRAND SLAM!

London Marathon April 17
Boston Marathon April 18
Berlin Marathon September 25
Chicago Marathon October 9
NYC Marathon November 6

...raising funds and awareness for the EVERYMAN Campaign!

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:11 am

Ack! I've done something to my left hip flexor! I ran last night and it was feeling OK until about 30 minutes in when it started to flare up (I've had some tenderness there for a few weeks). I ran another 6-7 minutes and then had to walk the last bit. I iced it and took ASA last night but when I awoke this morning it was screaming. Since I have K-Town on Sunday, I opted not to ride into work today. If I can fit it in, I'll swim tonight. I guess it's better to be healthy and rested on race day. Not looking forward to running 15K with a flared up hip flexor! :(
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:29 am

ladechat wrote:Ack! I've done something to my left hip flexor! I ran last night and it was feeling OK until about 30 minutes in when it started to flare up (I've had some tenderness there for a few weeks). I ran another 6-7 minutes and then had to walk the last bit. I iced it and took ASA last night but when I awoke this morning it was screaming. Since I have K-Town on Sunday, I opted not to ride into work today. If I can fit it in, I'll swim tonight. I guess it's better to be healthy and rested on race day. Not looking forward to running 15K with a flared up hip flexor! :(

yikes! sorry to hear it... definitely get lots of rest, and maybe it will be ok for sunday!

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

jacob42.2
Bill Crothers

Postby jacob42.2 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:33 am

ladechat wrote:Not looking forward to running 15K with a flared up hip flexor! :(

Hope that gets better Lesley. Giving it a few days of total rest might alleviate some of the discomfort. Look forward to hearing how you all do. By the way, what is K-Town? A tri? A du?

RUNNING MANIA #2

TheBman
Jerome Drayton

Postby TheBman » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:43 am

Ladechat....hold off on the 15k...that will do ya wonders...!
TheBman
The MARATHON GRAND SLAM!

London Marathon April 17
Boston Marathon April 18
Berlin Marathon September 25
Chicago Marathon October 9
NYC Marathon November 6

...raising funds and awareness for the EVERYMAN Campaign!

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:05 am

Jacob...

Tri is on Sunday...yes...doing Xerox 10k but have not yet registered.

Ladechat...any change of you meeting up with Andy and me on Saturday?? I'm meeting him at race pickup between 12:30 and 1:00 p.m. Think we're going to play tourist for some of the afternoon.

Relax...relax...relax...the hay is in the barn. I will make sure to send you extra special good vibes...I'll be running the first (and last) water station...Emily St. We will have great music and great volunteers.

Joanne
and C-Moss...who says she could possibly run the 15k leg for ladechat :wink:
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:50 am

Speed work today. I'm really having a hard time with it. I just can't get myself going fast enough to get that keel-over feeling. I can't seem to mechanically put one foot in front of the other fast enough to wear out my heart and lungs. It's disheartening, because I think it's what I need to improve the most.

Hope you feel better for the weekend Ladechat...I know hip flexors are frustrating.

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:12 am

I'm going to the track today with Dave, and possibly swimming later on to try out all the new tricks Lesley suggested! :)
I'm going to try to kick it up a notch and work on some longer repeats. I was thinking... 800, 1K, 1mile, 1K, 800 with some strides at the beginning and at the end. Unless anyone else has any wonderful suggestions...
I'm so glad I'm signed up for that speed clinic. I'm really starting to get bored of my speed workouts!

Today is also the last day of my online course. I'm procrastinating as I write!! I have to do a paper today... a whopping 250 words!! Ha ha...

Anyway, have a good one all!!
Lisa :)
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:14 am

Lesley, I hope your hip feels better. Why not go and get some ultrasound to be safe, since you have a race this weekend? And ice, ice, ice.

Jacob- it sounds like you're feeling antsy! Good! Keep tapering... are we gonna have to tie your laces together?!
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

jacob42.2
Bill Crothers

Postby jacob42.2 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:16 am

Dgrant, for your longer repeats keep it simple but hard, you don't want to finish feeling like you're going to die. Just really really spent. On shorter intervals, say 400 and down, those are the ones where you just need to put your head down, and forget about everything, and just run it, then keel over and die.

On that note...Finished my speed work:
3k-MGP nice and relaxed, actually a little faster than I wanted (11:20)
2x800m- both came in at 2:30
2x400m- 1:09, 1:05.

Good stuff!! Now I'm sad though, cause that was it, no more speed work, cept for some little 400m strides next week... :cry:

RUNNING MANIA #2

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:19 am

Jo-Jo wrote:Joanne
and C-Moss...who says she could possibly run the 15k leg for ladechat :wink:

Hey Joanne, are you offering your services to Lesley for the 15K leg or C-Moss ? :shock: :lol:

andy :) Peace !!!

RunDiva
Bill Crothers

Postby RunDiva » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:55 am

Hi all,
Had an enjoyable, cool 10k last night with the Garmin.
I find it so fascinating- hard to keep my eyes off of it!!!
Have to do some more reading about heart rate zones- occasionally my HR got so high I should have keeled over!

Tonight will be 8k with my Marathon clinic. We're in Week 6.

Enjoy your Thursday. It's almost the Long Weekend!Lisa

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:02 am

TheBman wrote:Ladechat....hold off on the 15k...that will do ya wonders...!
TheBman

Well, considering the 15K is on race day, I don't have much of a choice! I'm going to stay off it until then. As Jo-Jo said, the hay is in the barn. Too bad I suffer from hay fever! :wink:

Yes, I'd love to meet up with you guys (Jo-jo/Andy). Race kit pickup seems like a good place. I'm coming down with three friends (one of whom is a native Kingstonite), so I'm not sure what our plans are yet, but I suspect some sightseeing will be involved. But if I know you'll be there from 12:30-1:30, then I'll make a point of being there at that time (and the other three can go to :evil: if they have a problem with that).
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:04 am

ladechat wrote:(and the other three can go to :evil: if they have a problem with that).

lol

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:21 am

Ladechat...

too cool...yes I will be there at 12:30 to meet up with Andy (he says he'll be there anywhere from 12:30 to 1:00 p.m.) I will be wearing a Nordion 10k hat 2005...white...I am small...brown hair...with some white ...pixie cut.

Yippeee...a pre Tri party!!

Andy: nope...I'm running the water station...it's C-Moss that will have to do the running ...if I weren't already committed I'd be up for running the 15k.

Joanne
with C-Moss asking if she will get a medal if she races :wink:

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:31 am

That reminds me. One day I was doing a sunday morning group run and we went through one of the parks here. They were having a "pets in the park" day. As we went along one of the trails we noticed that they had set it up as a little race course for dogs. There were little doggie motivational signs along the way and markers with pawprints. They had hotdog bobbing and water stations. It was really cute.

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:21 pm

I am willing to help organize the first doggie Tri in Kingston next year.

C-Moss

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:43 pm

Definitely, will receive the medal, as she will be the actual one crossing over the finish line .... :lol:

andy :) Peace !!!

BTW: Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday :)

Return to “General Running Discussion”