Monday! Monday! Monday!

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

q
Bill Crothers

Monday! Monday! Monday!

Postby q » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:49 am

Just getting in from work, and I'm RICEing, See I can be responsible,

Good thing its a rest day for me! My calf is in no condition to run, or climb a flight of stairs, etc

I hope everyone has a great day
Bettina Peterson: "Where're you headed?"
Chuck Noland: "Well, I was just about to figure that out."

melissa
Johnny Miles

Postby melissa » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:42 am

Aww, Brandon.. You're RICEing today too :?

Today, I'm swimming laps again at 11:15 when the lanes open. No specific goals though. Maybe the usual 750m, takes me about 30min to do. It's good, easy xtraining.

I have to work all afternoon and evening, but tomorrow morning it's up with the birds for a 15k run.

8)
The miracle isn't that I finished.. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.
"Just listen to your heart.. That's what I do" -Napoleon Dynamite

Next: Hypothermic 1/2 Marathon - Feb. 26 - SJ

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:51 am

A well earned R&R Day today after a really good weekend of training, as I begin my tapering for the Canadian Half (Sat: 65K bike/ 15K run, Sun: 85K bike) .... :lol: Although, I do have my lsd run tuesday morning, my first 21K run since last April when I tore my achilles (ok, partial tears) :shock: ..

Take care and have a wonderful day ... andy :) Peace !!!
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:03 am

Rest day for me. My legs aren't too sore at all from my killer LSD yesterday, so that's good news! My calves and achilles seem to be sore, but not the quads. Weird as the quads ached during the run.

Today's goal is to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! I am still slightly dehydrates. Not cool.

lastmilelori
Johnny Miles

Postby lastmilelori » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:07 am

Running to the gym today(approx 4K) and doing a total body routine there. If I feel okay, I may do another 3K on the treadmill while I am there. After a shower I am heading over to dh's office to have lunch with him. This is looking to be our Monday routine, which will continue after the kids go to school.

As much as I am sad to see the end of summer, I am really loving the cool temps for running in the morning!

Lori
On May 28th, 2006, I will run 21km to support the Ottawa Hospital Foundation.

https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/Star ... SID=764626

CAW
Lynn Williams

Postby CAW » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:32 am

I should work for the Weather Network....my old rugby injury of 12 years ago is telling me we are gonna have thunder showers today....

Nothing major, just a dull ache that is a response to the change in barametric pressure. More annoying than anything else....

That said, I am planning to do my run on a treadmill at the gym this eveing....for two reasons....to mix it up a bit (haven't done the "dreadmill" in a long time)....and to avoid bumpy terrain (for me knee). Now I just gotta find my gym card....

Did some weights in my basement last night while hubby watched "Wrastlin"....seeing the buff, half-naked chicks encouraged me to pick up my dumbells.
~Kara~

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself."
— Thich Nhat Hanh

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:33 am

Nice to be back on the bike commuting to work. Vacation was good & now back to the grind at the desk. Worked out at the gym this morning too. :D
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

ChrisL
Jerome Drayton

Postby ChrisL » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:59 am

Rest day today. My calfs are also not in condition to run.

I might have to take tomorrow off from running too if I am still sore.
Faster, stronger, meaner....Arrgh, matey!

If you are not first, you're last - Reese Bobby

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:01 am

Off to Toronto for 3 days this evening. Still doing all my rehab exercises, waiting for that miraculous morning when I wake up & nothing hurts...not today.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:05 am

CdnArtyWife wrote:in my basement last night while hubby watched "Wrastlin"....seeing the buff, half-naked chicks encouraged me to pick up my dumbells.

And then what did you do with the dumbbells?

paulg
Tom Longboat

Postby paulg » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:05 am

Rest day for me, my calf's are a little sore as well, will apply some ice and gentle stretching. Have a great day all,

Paul

Karin
Johnny Miles

Postby Karin » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:05 am

Rest day for me, Thank goodness!! Yesterdays double header in Ultimate turned into a triple-header and, let me tell you I was already feeling the effects of my morning LSD!
So I'm resting and RICEing my sore knee today.

Karin

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:07 am

rest day for me...
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

CAW
Lynn Williams

Postby CAW » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:18 am

nick wrote:
CdnArtyWife wrote:in my basement last night while hubby watched "Wrastlin"....seeing the buff, half-naked chicks encouraged me to pick up my dumbells.

And then what did you do with the dumbbells?

no worries Nick....I did my sets....and set them down....seeing those girls just reminded me that if I actually took the weights seriously, and tried hard enough, I'd have a pretty buff body.....Ironically my body has a tremendous amount of muscle memory....and it doesn't take me long to get pumped again....it is getting the layer of insulation (fat) off that is the hard part....it is one thing to have great musculature, but if you can't see it.....
~Kara~

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself."
— Thich Nhat Hanh

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:19 am

Bailed on the gym this morning, but did still ride into work. Swimming after work. My hip is a little tender after yesterday's run. Thankfully, cycling helps to loosen it up and I don't experience any pain during/after cycling. So, that's where I'm gonna be spending my time until my race on Sept. 3.

Only two more sleeps until I am on vacation!! Woo!
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

graciousgoat
Bruce Kidd

Postby graciousgoat » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:28 am

I have a rest day today too, which should take care of the wandering pain that seems to want to settle in my hip. I have to take the car in which'll force me to ride to work and get in some accidental x-training--the best kind!

garth
Bill Crothers

Postby garth » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:38 am

6 k run after work tonight.
Please consider the jobs of those in the forest industry before deciding not to print stuff

TheBman
Jerome Drayton

Postby TheBman » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:44 am

Reast day for me........quite a bit stiffer this am than usual (EASY!!!!!....I am refering to my race report in the Dark Side)!!!!

Bike to the shop.....

Bman
The MARATHON GRAND SLAM!

London Marathon April 17
Boston Marathon April 18
Berlin Marathon September 25
Chicago Marathon October 9
NYC Marathon November 6

...raising funds and awareness for the EVERYMAN Campaign!

RayMan
Jerome Drayton

Postby RayMan » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:56 am

Rest day...drink water, do some crunches and chill out...

hyajil
Bill Crothers

Postby hyajil » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:00 am

I have an Ultimate game tonight, last game of the regular season. We're going to lose again, as we have all season really. Not to worry though, we usually manage to have fun doing so.

princessjess
Tom Longboat

Postby princessjess » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:06 am

Rest day for me, after my exciting 5K yesterday!

Jess:)

P.S. Have a great one everybody!
5K in the T.O. Waterfront Marathon: Sept 25/05 - 38:02 (first race EVER!)

Next Up:
Toronto Island Give-It-A-Tri: August 18, 2007!!!

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:09 am

Went out for a very short run this morning, just to loosen up and do some stretching and strength stuff afterwards. Monday's usually a rest day, but tomorrow will be a travel day and no time to run. So rest tomorrow, and back at it on Wednesday. I'm finally feeling like a runner again. :)
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

Racer
Tom Longboat

Postby Racer » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:13 am

Today is a rest day for me.

I got up after almost no sleep last night to discover I had no cream for my coffee this morning. :shock: :evil: I tried using melted ice cream instead but it didn't pan out so well. Well actually, it wasn't THAT bad. :P

I'm off to find a coffee shop. :)

lastmilelori
Johnny Miles

Postby lastmilelori » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:45 am

Racer wrote:Today is a rest day for me.

I got up after almost no sleep last night to discover I had no cream for my coffee this morning. :shock: :evil: I tried using melted ice cream instead but it didn't pan out so well. Well actually, it wasn't THAT bad. :P

I'm off to find a coffee shop. :)

:lol: Reminds me of a story...

When my eldest child was an infant, we were weaning him to formula. One morning, my husband discovered that we had no cream and decided that infant formula was a suitable alternative. He plunked a bunch of formula into his coffee cup (despite my protests) and watched it turn a funny colour with bits of stuff floating in it.

Just to prove a point, he drank the gawdawful stuff. To this day, he swears that it was a better alternative to milk because it "has vitamins and stuff".

I did notice, however, that he never did drink it again.

Lori

P.S. Luckily he never did try the bottles of "liquid gold" that I had pumped and stored in the fridge. He would never have lived that one down.
On May 28th, 2006, I will run 21km to support the Ottawa Hospital Foundation.

https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/Star ... SID=764626

Stephan
Abby Hoffman

Postby Stephan » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:48 am

Rest day for me, probably go to the gym this evening to do some upper body work. Back on the marathon training tomorrow, with some minor adjustments, no more 10 & 1's for me, I'm taking off the training wheels....I do believe in them and think they are a great way to keep pace during long runs but at this point I feel strong enough to run without them. Well see how it goes this week.

Cheers,

Stephan

Return to “General Running Discussion”