The Fifth Rule

Questions and comments about the forum or the web site
SuperboB
Bill Crothers

Postby SuperboB » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:25 pm

abhainn wrote:I'd be willing to accept the revision to rule 6, just so long as every Maniac Male was forced to wear a running kilt, everytime he went running, but most especially during races :twisted:. That's a fair trade off I think.

I'd be the first to rip my eyeballs out if that ever happened. <shudder>
Up next...
More running!

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:05 pm

SuperÜberBob wrote:
abhainn wrote:I'd be willing to accept the revision to rule 6, just so long as every Maniac Male was forced to wear a running kilt, everytime he went running, but most especially during races :twisted:. That's a fair trade off I think.

SuperBob...come one...be a sport :twisted: :wink:

I am more than happy to live with the new proposed Rule 6 :D
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

abhainn
Abby Hoffman

Postby abhainn » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:04 pm

Jo-Jo wrote:
SuperÜberBob wrote:

SuperBob...come one...be a sport :twisted: :wink:

I am more than happy to live with the new proposed Rule 6 :D

I thought you might approve. kilt ideas
Andrea Michelle

------------------------------------------------

"There are no fish in my pond"

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:22 am

Checked out the kilt site...I am imagining a pattern with orange similar to the famous Doonst tights. RM Men are gonna rock in their kilts :D :wink:
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

Scott
Bill Crothers

Postby Scott » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:33 pm

[quote="mike rµns"]Can anyone tell me what the first four rules are? Because now I'm afraid that I've been breaking them inadvertently

My proposed new rule:

7. No lawyer jokes

quote]

So there was a tiger walking through the jungle eating elphant dung, turns out he just ate a lawyer and was trying to get the taste out of his mouth... :oops:

Sorry Mike, I couldn't help myself, feel free to substitute lawyer for consultant :wink:
Next Up:
Just get through the next year without more setbacks
Proud Supporter of our Troops Overseas

Madame Bourette
Jerome Drayton

Postby Madame Bourette » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:49 am

I discovered that there is a rule #5: You cannot rename the daily thread to "Gros jambon".

There is also a rule #6: You cannot start a "Gros Jambon" thread inviting people to post pictures of their gros jambon.

Even though those threads didn't break any rules, they were respectively renamed and deleted.

However it is allowed to start a "Gros jambon" thread in the recipe section.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:29 am

Simonne wrote:I discovered that there is a rule #5: You cannot rename the daily thread to "Gros jambon".

There is also a rule #6: You cannot start a "Gros Jambon" thread inviting people to post pictures of their gros jambon.

Even though those threads didn't break any rules, they were respectively renamed and deleted.

actually, Eric, your behaviours are trollish (as we've told you before), which is against the rules. If you can't refrain from acting like a child, do it elsewhere--not on RM.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:32 am

Simonne wrote:I discovered that there is a rule #5: You cannot rename the daily thread to "Gros jambon".

Eric, posting things just to cause trouble and be difficult or confusing is NOT in the spirit of RM. It's not welcome.

Nor is changing your name to be purposefully similar to a new user's name. Especially when you are engaging in troll-like behaviour under that user's name. Please correct this ASAP.
"I was thinking of you yesterday as I was running through the woods. As I jumped over a fallen tree I said "If I were [bruyere], I'd be bleeding by now"." - Turd Ferguson

garth
Bill Crothers

Re: The Fifth Rule

Postby garth » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:12 pm

Sanders wrote:Seuss, or Vick, or Seussy caught me in an infraction of one of the rules of RM. I changed my name and my avatar at the same time. I am dishonoured.

Despite my profound shame, this didn't prevent me from getting a bit defensive and thinking that that isn't one of the four published rules. After some calm reflection I started to wonder what rule would warrant lengthening the four rules of RM. Here are some passing thoughts:

1) No more than 10 smileys per post.
2) No repeating the same phrase in every race report.
3) No changing your name and your avatar at the same time. :P
4) No sports franchise logos allowed as avatars. (Montreal Canadiens excepted, as it is a cultural icon.)
5) No mentions of nachos permitted without a mentioning beer in the same post.
6) No man can enter a post with the word 'manties' in it. (It's not a rule yet. :wink: )

Good call on # 4......Not that I would have obeyed it anyway
Please consider the jobs of those in the forest industry before deciding not to print stuff

Return to “Site News, Questions, and Comments”