Sending a "new" PM - submit twice?

Questions and comments about the forum or the web site
La
Kevin Sullivan

Re: Sending a "new" PM - submit twice?

Postby La » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:29 am

Three ways to send a PM:

1. Within a post, click on the PM icon below the user's profile on the right. This will copy the subject line and text from that post into your PM. You only have to hit Submit once to send the PM.
2. Within a user's profile, select "Send Personal Message" on the left under "Contact [username].". This takes you to a new message with the user's name already filled in and added to the message. You'll only have to hit Submit once.
3. Go to your message centre, hit New PM, then manually type in the user name you want to send a message to. Click the ADD button on the right to add them to the message. You can then add more people to the message in this same way. Type your message then hit Submit. You should only have to do this once.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

drghfx
Abby Hoffman

Postby drghfx » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:39 am

I'd like to send a PM, namely Stephan Harper, out of the country permanently but it doesn't seem to be working no matter how many times I hit Submit.
"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers but borrowed from his children." - John James Audubon

"The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"I was watching the London Marathon and saw one runner dressed as a chicken and another runner dressed as an egg. I thought: 'This could be interesting'." - Paddy Lennox

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast!" - author unknown

babysteps
Jerome Drayton

Postby babysteps » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:48 am

I actually hadn't noticed this before, I don't do a lot of pm'ing...but I'm pretty sure last night I sent the same PM twice by accident. I couldn't tell if it had been sent or not or just previewed. That and the whole "outbox" vs "sent" thing threw me off for a second too.

I guess I need more pm practice.

People! Send me messages!! I want to be a cool kid too!!

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:54 am

babysteps wrote:That and the whole "outbox" vs "sent" thing threw me off for a second too.

That's the same as it always was, and the same as in most other message boards' mail systems.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

drghfx
Abby Hoffman

Postby drghfx » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:45 pm

Jwolf wrote:
babysteps wrote:That and the whole "outbox" vs "sent" thing threw me off for a second too.

That's the same as it always was, and the same as in most other message boards' mail systems.

...assuming she's on another board and she does PM'ing there, which it doesn't sound like she does.
"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers but borrowed from his children." - John James Audubon

"The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"I was watching the London Marathon and saw one runner dressed as a chicken and another runner dressed as an egg. I thought: 'This could be interesting'." - Paddy Lennox

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast!" - author unknown

babysteps
Jerome Drayton

Postby babysteps » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:20 pm

drghfx wrote:
Jwolf wrote:

...assuming she's on another board and she does PM'ing there, which it doesn't sound like she does.

Yes - it's always been there. Yes it's always made me double check. No - I don't do other message boards. You are the privileged, chosen few... :)

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:57 pm

drghfx wrote:
Jwolf wrote:

Well, I just meant that it was like that with the old Runningmania board, too.:) Not a new issue like the submit twice thing.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:13 pm

Jwolf wrote:

Call me not-so-smart....but if a message is in my outbox, is it sent? I replied to a PM, clicked "send" and now it's in my outbox. Now what?

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:50 pm

FishPants wrote:
Jwolf wrote:

Call me not-so-smart....but if a message is in my outbox, is it sent? I replied to a PM, clicked "send" and now it's in my outbox. Now what?

it stays in your outbox until the recipient (me, in this case)! ;) picks it up - then, it moves to your sent box.
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:31 am

Irongirl wrote:
FishPants wrote:Call me not-so-smart....but if a message is in my outbox, is it sent? I replied to a PM, clicked "send" and now it's in my outbox. Now what?

it stays in your outbox until the recipient (me, in this case)! ;) picks it up - then, it moves to your sent box.

Tricky! :)

Return to “Site News, Questions, and Comments”