itsmyrun question

Everything about the training process, including programs, experiences, etc.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

itsmyrun question

Postby ultraslacker » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:59 pm

I'm confused.

I haven't used itsmyrun for ages but thought I'd try it again. Tried to add it to my fb... it shows as an application in my apps list, but it doesn't publish my runs. I clicked on the application and there is a link "Put itsmyrun in your profile" so I click on that and all it does is open the same page again in a new frame.

What am I missing?

also, I log in miles but in the "latest member updates" it shows my miles as km :(
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Re: itsmyrun question

Postby Jwolf » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:05 pm

The way it's set up now is you can post individual runs to your profile (not the summary list like it used to do way back when). When you post a run on itsmyrun, you can click a box at the top or the entry window to post it in your FB profile. The first time you do it you have to give IMR "permission" (just follow a few clicks). Future times you don't have to do that, but both IMR and FB have to be open in two different windows or tabs (I think this is still the case). You can also post a run to your profile by editing an IMR entry.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:06 pm

ultraslacker wrote:also, I log in miles but in the "latest member updates" it shows my miles as km :(

Rob might be able to fix this if you ask nicely. :)
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:08 pm

Jwolf wrote:The way it's set up now is you can post individual runs to your profile (not the summary list like it used to do way back when). When you post a run on itsmyrun, you can click a box at the top or the entry window to post it in your FB profile. The first time you do it you have to give IMR "permission" (just follow a few clicks). Future times you don't have to do that, but both IMR and FB have to be open in two different windows or tabs (I think this is still the case). You can also post a run to your profile by editing an IMR entry.

ok, I didn't see that. So I went to edit today's run, and I click on "Grant permission for status updates" and it loads a title bar saying "Request for Special Permissions (1 of 2)" but doesn't load the rest of the box... it doesn't do anything.

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:11 pm

ultraslacker wrote:
Jwolf wrote:The way it's set up now is you can post individual runs to your profile (not the summary list like it used to do way back when). When you post a run on itsmyrun, you can click a box at the top or the entry window to post it in your FB profile. The first time you do it you have to give IMR "permission" (just follow a few clicks). Future times you don't have to do that, but both IMR and FB have to be open in two different windows or tabs (I think this is still the case). You can also post a run to your profile by editing an IMR entry.

ok, I didn't see that. So I went to edit today's run, and I click on "Grant permission for status updates" and it loads a title bar saying "Request for Special Permissions (1 of 2)" but doesn't load the rest of the box... it doesn't do anything.

Um, it was a bit touchy when I first tried it-- close and reopen FB and IMR and try again. I can't remember the window you're talking about because you only have to do that once. If that doesn't, we'll have to ask the boss.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:23 pm

yeah it won't do anything.

I tried closing and re-opening both, logging out of both and back in, etc. Even tried a different browser (ie and chrome so far) and it won't do anything. Now I'm getting a fatal exception on my profile edit page on IMR... saying that my fb session is invalid, and it won't load the rest of the profile edit.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:28 pm

also, there's a box below that that asks for my facebook id. what's my facebook id? my email address? I entered that and hit save and it doesn't save... it just is blank again.

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:10 pm

ultraslacker wrote:also, there's a box below that that asks for my facebook id. what's my facebook id? my email address? I entered that and hit save and it doesn't save... it just is blank again.

I had to get Robbie to give me my fb id. I didn't know how to find it either.
The only other part I know is that both programs need to be open. After that, I'm useless...
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:32 pm

Marg wrote:
ultraslacker wrote:also, there's a box below that that asks for my facebook id. what's my facebook id? my email address? I entered that and hit save and it doesn't save... it just is blank again.

I had to get Robbie to give me my fb id. I didn't know how to find it either.
The only other part I know is that both programs need to be open. After that, I'm useless...

so, it's not my email address but my actual fb #? I think I have that... I'll try it.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:34 pm

ok, it seems to be working with my number id.

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:02 pm

ultraslacker wrote:ok, it seems to be working with my number id.

Oh good-- I was going to ask about that next but you beat me to it.

babysteps
Jerome Drayton

Postby babysteps » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:45 pm

It won't work for me either. Even following all the instructions. Not sure if it's a mac thing?

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:55 pm

babysteps wrote:It won't work for me either. Even following all the instructions. Not sure if it's a mac thing?

I'm on windows and I had a heck of a time getting it to work. So I don't think it's a mac thing.

klc
Jerome Drayton

Postby klc » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:10 pm

I never did get the posting thing to work for me because we use IE. I have IMR in one of my boxes and that is as technical as it is likely to get. :oops:

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:22 pm

kc wrote:I never did get the posting thing to work for me because we use IE. I have IMR in one of my boxes and that is as technical as it is likely to get. :oops:

Umm...I use IE.
You need to get Robbie-T to help you with this.
And...BTW...he offered!! I remember distinctly that he told you to get in touch with him!!! :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

klc
Jerome Drayton

Postby klc » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:52 pm

Jo-Jo wrote:
kc wrote:I never did get the posting thing to work for me because we use IE. I have IMR in one of my boxes and that is as technical as it is likely to get. :oops:

Umm...I use IE.
And...BTW...he offered!! I remember distinctly that he told you to get in touch with him!!! :twisted: :twisted: :wink:

Robbie-T scares me just a little bit. :wink:

Robbie-T
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robbie-T » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:57 pm

I've been adding user tips to the itsmyrun facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=5834642516

There is a known bug in IE7 (or Facebook interfacing with IE7) that will cause what Holly explained
"ok, I didn't see that. So I went to edit today's run, and I click on "Grant permission for status updates" and it loads a title bar saying "Request for Special Permissions (1 of 2)" but doesn't load the rest of the box... it doesn't do anything."

try it in FireFox or something else. But when you do you may get a fatal error like Holly explained. Logout of FB, clear your sessions, log back into FB in FireFox, back into IMR and you should be good.

Yes some of this is a hassle, I can't fix the IE7 problem, I've been scanning forums and other people get this error too. I'll keep looking for a fix.
Mississauga Marathon - 2:52
Around the Bay - 1:58
Click>> Race History
ItsMyRun.com

"If I'm running, it will be a good run" - Robbie-T

"I just hope that people look at it and say, 'Hey if this yahoo can do it, then I can do it too.' That'd be cool if people thought that. It's just a matter of putting the miles in and working. It's not so much how much talent you have. I hope." - Brian Sell.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift." - Pre

Robbie-T
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robbie-T » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:57 pm

kc wrote:
Jo-Jo wrote:

Umm...I use IE.

Robbie-T scares me just a little bit. :wink:

please... Boo!
Click>> Race History
ItsMyRun.com

"I just hope that people look at it and say, 'Hey if this yahoo can do it, then I can do it too.' That'd be cool if people thought that. It's just a matter of putting the miles in and working. It's not so much how much talent you have. I hope." - Brian Sell.

Robbie-T
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robbie-T » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:59 pm

ultraslacker wrote:also, I log in miles but in the "latest member updates" it shows my miles as km :(

just a display issue, I'll add it to the list ;-)
Click>> Race History
ItsMyRun.com

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:41 pm

Robbie-T wrote:

just a display issue, I'll add it to the list ;-)

might be easiest to simply convert the number to km as you display... for those who have miles set as their preference...? or for those runs set in miles (would be more accurate). I'm ok with it being displayed in km; what makes me sad is that I did 4 miles and it says I did 4km... so I'm getting cheated out of distance! lol no big deal.

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:25 am

Robbie-T wrote:I've been adding user tips to the itsmyrun facebook page

There is a known bug in IE7 (or Facebook interfacing with IE7) that will cause what Holly explained
"ok, I didn't see that. So I went to edit today's run, and I click on "Grant permission for status updates" and it loads a title bar saying "Request for Special Permissions (1 of 2)" but doesn't load the rest of the box... it doesn't do anything."

try it in FireFox or something else. But when you do you may get a fatal error like Holly explained. Logout of FB, clear your sessions, log back into FB in FireFox, back into IMR and you should be good.

Yes some of this is a hassle, I can't fix the IE7 problem, I've been scanning forums and other people get this error too. I'll keep looking for a fix.

I'm not sure what version of IE I am running. I don't have FireFox or any other browser. I get the same message Holly was getting. Where does one find their FB ID#?
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

Robbie-T
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robbie-T » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:45 am

La wrote:
Robbie-T wrote:I've been adding user tips to the itsmyrun facebook page

I'm not sure what version of IE I am running. I don't have FireFox or any other browser. I get the same message Holly was getting. Where does one find their FB ID#?

You don't need your FB id# to make this work.

There is a manual way do give permissions. If you go into your FB privacy setting you can grant IMR permission to sream news for you.

I'll put together some better details on how to do this together later today.
Click>> Race History
ItsMyRun.com

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:57 am

yay I'm in miles again! thanks Rob. :)

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:47 am

I have to say, I love the little "sick" icon: Image

Used it for the first time on Saturday, lol.

CAW
Lynn Williams

Postby CAW » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:24 am

La wrote:I'm not sure what version of IE I am running. I don't have FireFox or any other browser. I get the same message Holly was getting. Where does one find their FB ID#?

If you click on your profile, it is in the address bar. It is the address you can send people to find you directly if you have your privacy settings set so that you
can't be searched. It might look something like this, for example: http://www.facebook.com/La1234?ref=profile

The La1234 would be your fb id, I believe.
~Kara~

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself."
— Thich Nhat Hanh

Return to “Training ”