June Racing and Training

Everything about the training process, including programs, experiences, etc.

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

June Racing and Training

Postby HCcD » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:53 pm

Originally, June was supposed to be a fun month, as I have a number of 5-10K races / events happening on most weekends ... :shifty: And, now, I am toying with possibly running in the Edmonton Marathon at the end of August, and if it happens, then the next training cycle is starting now ... :shock: Such the case, I figure that June will come in around 250-300K or so ... :P
Last edited by HCcD on Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Re: June Racing and Training

Postby Jwolf » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:12 pm

Recovery month for me.
I am hoping gradually build back to about a 16-18k long run by the end of the second week of June. My best guess for mileage would be around 150-200k.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:33 pm

I'm going to shoot for 300km again.

I'm also trying to lose 5lb. Have been half-heartedly not-trying to do that for awhile now... have added an extra layer of accountability so hopefully that and the increased mileage will do the trick!

Next weekend I'll be running with a friend for a portion of the Vancouver 100 (just the nighttime portion, which should be around 15km if his pace is what he wants it to be).

And sometime later in the month I would like to get another 50k training run in.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

chunkymonkeymelonhed
Lynn Williams

Postby chunkymonkeymelonhed » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:26 pm

Race scheduled for June 13th is looking more and more like it's going to be a DNS for me.
Once again injury is putting a large wrench in my training plans. Original plan for this month was 170-200K but now I'll be happy to simply be able to run at all. :roll:
On the books for 2017:
50th Birthday!!
Boston Marathon- April 17th what a day- DREAM COME TRUE :dance:
Run for Water 10K- May 28th
Scotia Half - June 25th
Trail River Run half marathon- Sept. 30- CANCELLED
MEC 10K Race 10- Nov. 5

IronGoddess
Jerome Drayton

Postby IronGoddess » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:36 pm

I have the whistler half this weekend. Then an easy couple weeks and training begins for the NYC marathon. Plus I still have some training to do for the challenge in Penticton in August. I am doing a swim portion of the ironman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMC 2015

rungeek
Tom Longboat

Postby rungeek » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:19 am

As of June 2nd I've started a training schedule for a race in late August so some structure might do me some good .

- Mileage should be around 250km for the month.

- I won't run every day but I will workout every day.

- I'm not in good enough shape to run my age (not even in km) on my b'day but I will do something out of the ordinary (for me) that day to mark the occasion. :dance:

erinmcd
Bill Crothers

Postby erinmcd » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:37 am

I should be somewhere around 280km I think- my schedule isn't too structured at the moment, so who know's exactly where it will end up.

Got a race next weekend in Keene Valley NY- the Great Adirondack Trail Run. I did it last year and it was a lot of fun, so I'm really looking forward to doing it again.
Keep on rolling, just a mile to go. Keep on rolling my old buddy, you're moving much too slow.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:50 pm

ultraslacker wrote:I'm going to shoot for 300km again.

Missed it by a third. :/

I'm also trying to lose 5lb. Have been half-heartedly not-trying to do that for awhile now... have added an extra layer of accountability so hopefully that and the increased mileage will do the trick!

Missed that one too.

Next weekend I'll be running with a friend for a portion of the Vancouver 100 (just the nighttime portion, which should be around 15km if his pace is what he wants it to be).

Ended up with 41km that night, and that was my longest distance of the month.

And sometime later in the month I would like to get another 50k training run in.

Didn't happen. This month clearly did not go as well as I had hoped it would!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:21 pm

Jwolf wrote:Recovery month for me.
I am hoping gradually build back to about a 16-18k long run by the end of the second week of June. My best guess for mileage would be around 150-200k.

I actually did 201K running. :) Plus a bit of cycling, 5 swims, and one Grouse Grind. I'm happy with this. 8)
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:14 pm

I ended up with 125.8 miles, which is 202.5km

Not nearly what I wanted, but whatevs!

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:17 am

HCcD wrote:Originally, June was supposed to be a fun month, as I have a number of 5-10K races / events happening on most weekends ... :shifty: And, now, I am toying with possibly running in the Edmonton Marathon at the end of August, and if it happens, then the next training cycle is starting now ... :shock: Such the case, I figure that June will come in around 250-300K or so ... :P

Not quite as I had expected, as summer plans for a marathon were thwarted with a flare-up of my left foot (PF perhaps??) so kept the runs frequent but short in June ... and, ended up with 25x runs and 205K ... Foot feels ok when I am running at tempo effort or faster, for shorter stuff, while on the longer stuff, it tends to fatigue more, for whatever reason .. :shifty: :roll: :oops:

Anyhoo, finished the month with a few races, or rather, uptead steady tempo efforts, while taking it easy on the longer efforts / volume ... Fall marathon training cycle for Hamilton starts now ... though, gradually, building back my base ...

So much for that old cliche about " ... best layed plans, eh !!! " Ha !!! :shifty:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Return to “Training ”