SPRING WALKING - YEA!!!!!!

A place for walkers to discuss their unique needs
KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

SPRING WALKING - YEA!!!!!!

Postby KaTyBrown » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:20 am

OKAY, OKAY so I am a bit slow - 3.83km in 41.01mins but at least I am on the road to complete recovery. No problem today with my knees AT ALL :dance: They actually felt really good and the sun on my face felt even better!

Last walk I did my feet in my shoes felt 'floppy' - now I know the reason why :oops: I wore my old shoes because I did not want to slush around in my new ones but today with new shoes no 'floppiness' at all. Wonder if - and I am asking your advice, ladies and gents, should I buy some inner soles and wear them for the wetter, yuckier days? Or say the he.. with it and wear the new ones all the time?

Hope everyone is having a super Spring so far :D - I am ....oh, and for those who wished me Happy Birthday, the power of the Orange was with me for the interview and I got the part-time position I was looking for. thanks folks!

Karen

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:58 am

Yay! Congrats on the new position!

As for the shoes, I'd personally wear the new ones all the time. But that's just me. :)
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

runjanerun
Jerome Drayton

Postby runjanerun » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:54 pm

Congratulations on the job! I missed the post where you were talking about it. What will you be doing?

I would wear the new shoes all the time too. If the old ones don't fit you properly, you could run into problems. And how old are they? If they are breaking down due to age, you would definitely be better to wear the new ones.
Jane

luvmybabies
Johnny Miles

Postby luvmybabies » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:19 pm

How great that everything is coming together for you Karen! Here is what I would do if "in your shoes". Where your new ones for yucky weather and go buy another pair the same and only wear them in nice weather. No sense taking chances with your knees if you know that brand of shoe is good for them. Oh ya, your slow is still faster than my fast :lol:
Bridie

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
John Burroughs

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:23 pm

Thanks for the advice, ladies.
The old ones would be okay if I buy a good insole as the outside is good, the tread is not worn anywhere.
I am still thinking about what to do :? - btw, knees are very sore today and have been using the heating pad on them. Geeeeee,,,,,getting old sure ain't no picnic. Thank goodness for Celebrex! somedays it helps, others it doesn't (today is one of those days) so taking it easy today.

tks agn Happy Walking/running all....

Return to “Walking”