Yep still at it.

A place for walkers to discuss their unique needs
luvmybabies
Johnny Miles

Yep still at it.

Postby luvmybabies » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm

I think I am finally breaking through my fitness plateau a tiny bit. It seems like since I started walking in Jan. I haven't been able to improve much without killing myself. It seemed like everytime I pushed a bit too much beyond my comfort zone that my whole body would rebel and go on strike for about a week! Well, today's walk and last Sunday I walked at a good pace and them actually started running again! :shock: Sunday I was at the local school walking the track and built up enough determination to run one complete lap. I thought I might actually die by the time I finished but then walked for a bit and felt OK again soon. For the next few days I had slightly sore thigh and calf muscles but NO full body strike! So today I tried walking half a lap and running half a lap. I did that 3 times and felt great! This is definitely my new strategy to push my fitness level up a bit more. Everytime I come on here and read about what everyone is doing I get a little more inspired. On my drive to the track the other day I passed a girl running with her dog and I decided then that I would have to at least try to run that day. See inspiration is all around us :D
Bridie

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
John Burroughs

BaldGuy
Jerome Drayton

Postby BaldGuy » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:44 pm

Well done, Bridie! I'm looking for some inspiration myself, these days. You might just have inspired me. There hasn't been any running in my world in a while.
BG

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Bridie...that's awesome.
And thanks for inspiring me...I've been in a running slump for weeks...I think your new strategy sounds great :D
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

Doonst
Abby Hoffman

Postby Doonst » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:53 pm

Go Bridie go!
next up:

This broken wing will fly again
One fine day
This blackbird's mute gonna sing again
One fine day

So all you sinners come out
And all you drunkards crawl out
Come into the light of one fine day

trixiee
Lynn Williams

Postby trixiee » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:55 pm

Awesome Bridie! keep at 'er!
http://connect.garmin.com/profile/trixiee14

Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
~ Dr. Suess~
Life is short. Drink the good wine first!

luvmybabies
Johnny Miles

Postby luvmybabies » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:58 pm

Wow, like I said, this place is so inspirational. I just posted that maybe minutes ago? I'm sorry BaldGuy I haven't been on here much lately. Why are you not running? Are you injured? I think that patience is a tricky thing when you want something so bad. Thanks again people :P
Bridie

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."

John Burroughs

braveheart
Lynn Williams

Postby braveheart » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:06 pm

my 12K run has turned into a possible 12K walk tomorrow. I was going to just give it up and pack it but SO glad I decided to come on here and read your post. I will rest what needs to be rested (seems like it is a never ending cycle though) and walk until I can run

Go Bridie!
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer
Don't give up before the miracle.
**formerly campbellskid**

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:25 am

Wish you all lived nearer to me! I have no ambition to get out and do my walking. - scared of injuring again, maybe so. Lazy, not so much as working quite a bit with patients. I am almost ready to put the word out that I need someone to walk with - even a new mommy and baby in stroller :oops: This is so not like me ----
I love my walking but can't seem to get my a$$ in gear.....

Karen

Iron-North
Jerome Drayton

Postby Iron-North » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:48 am

Yay! Walking is great!

I went for a 135 minutes walk down town Winnipeg couple days ago and i'm still sore from working new muscles...so it really is a good workout??!!! :think:
Always North of something ...

Ironman Cozumel 2014
Vancouver to Inuvik on bike 2014

luvmybabies
Johnny Miles

Postby luvmybabies » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:32 am

Hey Campbellskid, good to hear that my little success can help keep someone else moving too. You are right you can let those body parts heal and still get in a bit of exercise. I bet you will feel great after.

KaTyBrown, I can tell you from experience that most mom's with strollers would LOVE the adult company on their walks :lol: Days can be long with no adult conversation. It can help to get motivated if you think that someone is waiting to meet you somewhere.

Fille du Nord de Montreal - yes definitely different muscles. That little bit of running has got me hurting and stiff today. But a good kind of pain, the kind that let's you know you did something to improve your body. I have a weak hamstring from my ballet days many, many moons ago. It is tender but nothing to worry about. Hope you are all out enjoying this beautiful weather this weekend!
Bridie

John Burroughs

Return to “Walking”