2007 IAMS Wiggle Waggle Walkathon - Ottawa - Sept 9th

A place for walkers to discuss their unique needs
jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:10 pm

joe wrote:Chazz... will be Chazz Micheal Micheals.

;)

Chazz Micheal Micheals Doodle Dog will be joining us sometime in the next few months....

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:11 pm

LadyJ wrote:
Irongirl wrote:
Jacc wrote:
Irongirl wrote:Zoomphoto took some great shots! :)

Oh how cute, they finally decided on a dog.

Kinda big, but at least he won't shed, should be good for joe's allergies.

:D

although, the moose might grow to be pretty big, dontcha think?!

That moose was the best $2 I ever spent! Who knew squeaky toys were so good at getting dog's attention?

uh, any dog owner! ;)

that, or, treats work well too! (but, would have been more than $2!!)

can I ask how the photo session worked? i.e. did people pay up front?! how did you guys catalogue the pictures?
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:17 pm

Irongirl wrote:can I ask how the photo session worked? i.e. did people pay up front?! how did you guys catalogue the pictures?

A photo was $10 up front and the owners got a flier with an index number on it. We took their pets photo (and a picture of an index number). At home, each picture was indexed according to the pet's index number (so much easier than triathlons!). People can then log on to the site and select which of the images they would like. We then email them the digital file and they can do what they want with it. Or they can buy prints of other shots that we took.

Seemed to work pretty well.

joe
Bill Crothers

Postby joe » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:17 am

Next year I think we will just do 8x10 or 5x7 dye-subs on site... I think would would make more for the Humane Society that way if we had a product to hand people right then and there...

But yup, LJ pretty much explained it. Pay up front, we shoot, get your photo later, and before we leave we give in our donations to the charity... was pretty easy.. If invited again, we'll be back!
Race Photos: http://www.zoomphoto.ca (Ask me about the RM Coupon!)

Kelodie
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Kelodie » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:27 am

joe wrote:Next year I think we will just do 8x10 or 5x7 dye-subs on site... I think would would make more for the Humane Society that way if we had a product to hand people right then and there...

But yup, LJ pretty much explained it. Pay up front, we shoot, get your photo later, and before we leave we give in our donations to the charity... was pretty easy.. If invited again, we'll be back!

There's this same event in Gatineau this coming Sunday... JF and I are going to do it with Jake. :D
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer
"Have a little faith in yourself and watch the magic begin" - Ironboy

Plans for 2014:
Run for Women 5K, May 11
Ottawa Race Weekend 10K, May 24

Return to “Walking”