Wishing all a good month!

A place for walkers to discuss their unique needs
KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Wishing all a good month!

Postby KaTyBrown » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:13 am

Hi

As October comes in and the leaves are turning here in Montreal, I want to wish all the walkers, old and new, good health. Enjoy this gorgeous weather we are having as it will soon turn to sn.. and we know that means slippery sidewalks etc, etc.

Have a good one folks - I have joined Curves, losing weight, enjoying myself and feeling I have turned the corner with the knee problems.

Karen

eme
Lynn Williams

Re: Wishing all a good month!

Postby eme » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:24 am

KaTyBrown wrote:Have a good one folks - I have joined Curves, losing weight, enjoying myself and feeling I have turned the corner with the knee problems.

Karen

Excellent news!

Donna
Percy Williams

Postby Donna » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:16 am

It is nice to see you seem to be back in the groove Karen. I know it is hard when the body isn't in harmony with the mind!

With all the Toad training I have done the past few months I seem to have found my way to the trails and am just loving it. I've managed to lose about 5 lbs and really tone up. :D

Donna
Run (Walk) for the Toad 25k

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Walking? OUCH!!

Postby KaTyBrown » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:00 pm

Last night after all my exercising at Curves, stretching etc. I had a
wicked, wicked muscle cramp on the inside of my right leg. I have mentioned this before. It lasted at least 15 minutes, had me crying with pain I just couldn't get rid of it.

Help me out here ladies, and gentlemen, how the he.. can I fix them when I get them. I have been told drink Tonic Water it has quinine in it, tried it for a few nights but zippo ...

I wear good solid Saucony's they are in good shape so shoes don't seem to be the problem. I'm scared tonight will have another one. Hubby-dearest stands by helpless as massaging the muscle doesn't help. I am now thinking of sticking my foot in the toilet (for cold!) walking on cold floor doesn't help. I kept stretching it but it sure does kill...

Any ideas?

tks/Karen

Return to “Walking”