Fall walking - a pleasure!

A place for walkers to discuss their unique needs
KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Fall walking - a pleasure!

Postby KaTyBrown » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:36 am

Hi all,

A bit of a confession......I have not been on this topic for a while because I did not want to jinx
myself....

I have been walking 3 x week and bowling and doing pretty well - no pain whatsoever in my heel.
today I logged another 2.75km around our area. I think I can safely say things are looking good.

I have also restarted my WW plan so along with this walking/bowling and exercising I should drop a few
kilos/pounds :roll: (I hope) something has got to move this old body of mine. We have a big 50th
Wedding Anniversary in two years so I want to be down by then.

Enjoy this gorgeous weather - every day is a bonus at this time of year.

KaTy (Karen)
Karen, my 3 Girls' Nana

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Re: Fall walking - a pleasure!

Postby Sir Crashalot » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:41 am

Hi Katy!
It is a wonderful time of the year to go for walks! The leaves are changing colours, the air is fresh & it is cool enough not to sweat!
:D
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:54 am

Love walking in the fall.
C-Moss and I went out both days this weekend for offleash romps in the woods...lovely :D
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

NewFinnLoper
Jerome Drayton

Postby NewFinnLoper » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:10 pm

For me it's all the wonderful smells of fall...Call me weird, but the decomposing leaves and moist air I find intoxicating in the fall...and the sound of the leaves under my feet as I walk or run...

It's great that things are going smoothly for you! Keep it up...
22 halfs (PR 1:42:02) :)
5 full (PR 3:48:21)
...and a smattering of adventure and trail races thrown in for good measure!
--------------------------
All running is on hold until further notice .... :0(

Mouse
Bill Crothers

Postby Mouse » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:33 pm

Keep up the good job Katy and the pounds will find their way off. Glad to read that you are back at it. Happy Thanksgiving, and enjoy your walking again. Take care.
Mouse
The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter. - Mark Twain

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:24 am

Mouse wrote:Keep up the good job Katy and the pounds will find their way off. Glad to read that you are back at it. Happy Thanksgiving, and enjoy your walking again. Take care.
Mouse

thanks! this week was a total wash-out for me though! I get bad migraines and this week was ill with one for 3-1/2 days. Even my meds didn't help this time.
I say 3-1/2 because by yesterday afternoon it was starting to leave. Today at 6:30 when I am writing this tale of woe :(
It is trying to re-surface it's uglyness... Have a big day ahead with the family coming for dinner and celebrating a 17th birthday so it had better be gone and soon.

Have a great day everyone - Happy Thanksgiving! We have so much to be thankful for, don't we?

KaTy (Karen)
Karen, my 3 Girls' Nana

Mouse
Bill Crothers

Postby Mouse » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:24 am

KaTyBrown wrote:
Mouse wrote:Keep up the good job Katy and the pounds will find their way off. Glad to read that you are back at it. Happy Thanksgiving, and enjoy your walking again. Take care.
Mouse

thanks! this week was a total wash-out for me though! I get bad migraines and this week was ill with one for 3-1/2 days. Even my meds didn't help this time.
I say 3-1/2 because by yesterday afternoon it was starting to leave. Today at 6:30 when I am writing this tale of woe :(
It is trying to re-surface it's uglyness... Have a big day ahead with the family coming for dinner and celebrating a 17th birthday so it had better be gone and soon.

Have a great day everyone - Happy Thanksgiving! We have so much to be thankful for, don't we?

KaTy (Karen)

This makes me sad. Hope it settles down so you can enjoy the family celebrations. My mouth is still sore, but more discomfort than it is pain. Ive been having headache off and on. I'm pretty sure that it is related to the surgery. Take care. I know you will get back out there when you can.
Mouse
The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter. - Mark Twain

Return to “Walking”