Marathon Weekend Friday

A place for walkers to discuss their unique needs
Ken B
Lynn Williams

Marathon Weekend Friday

Postby Ken B » Fri May 26, 2006 12:17 pm

I went for a nice easy 5 km walk for my last outing before Sunday. I will be away until Monday evening. Have a great weekend. Be careful as it is going to be hot!!
Last edited by Ken B on Fri May 26, 2006 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luvmybabies
Johnny Miles

Postby luvmybabies » Fri May 26, 2006 12:35 pm

thanks Tortoise! We will be careful, you too! I hope all of the runners this week-end remember to keep well hydrated. We are looking at 30degrees here! I have been getting my music together ready for my new MP3 player I am getting this week-end! I may not be able to walk but I sure will be ready when I can!! :P Good luck to all of you racers!
Bridie

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
John Burroughs

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Fri May 26, 2006 7:58 pm

Good luck to all the walkers (we are a good number walking!) :D
Just bec we walk doesn't mean we aren't nervous, anxious or whatever emotion about Sundays NCM ----- :whistle: we'll just " whistle a happy tune and everything will be okay!"

Happy running/walking all! See you in Ottawa.
Karen

hmacdonald
Bill Crothers

Postby hmacdonald » Fri May 26, 2006 8:01 pm

KaTyBrown wrote:Good luck to all the walkers (we are a good number walking!) :D
Just bec we walk doesn't mean we aren't nervous, anxious or whatever emotion about Sundays NCM ----- :whistle: we'll just " whistle a happy tune and everything will be okay!"

Happy running/walking all! See you in Ottawa.
Karen

Good luck to all the walkers indeed!!! I can bet that you are just as nervous, anxious, excited as I am!!! I'll actually be closer to the finishing time of the walkers than most of the runners!

H

Ken B
Lynn Williams

Postby Ken B » Fri May 26, 2006 8:04 pm

Just bec we walk doesn't mean we aren't nervous, anxious or whatever emotion about Sundays NCM ----- we'll just " whistle a happy tune and everything will be okay!"

Absolutely! Congrats on walking the events. I am always amazed that people don't understand that when you walk, you may not be moving as fast but you are putting in the same overall effort to complete the distance. Especially when it is hot. So you all keep hydrated and make sure you are getting your electralites as well.

Good luck!

Ken

Return to “Walking”