So what's going on this weekend?

A place for walkers to discuss their unique needs
KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

So what's going on this weekend?

Postby KaTyBrown » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:26 am

Betcha' lots of you runners will be running but what about the rest of us?

I have my clinic tonight and Soccer tournament for the grand-daughters over the weekend. Here in Quebec - lots of St.Jean Baptiste things going on - dances, parties in the parks and fireworks, lots of noise :)

Have a good weekend everyone

Karen

q
Bill Crothers

Postby q » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:27 am

Oh, I'll be doing some walking as well. Some cycling too
Bettina Peterson: "Where're you headed?"
Chuck Noland: "Well, I was just about to figure that out."

wantmeback
Bill Crothers

Postby wantmeback » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:59 am

Hmmm. I have to swim tonight (my first attempt with a wetsuit and open water!), and would like to get a walk and a run in tomorrow, since I have to work Sunday. I have fallen behind in my walk training for the Weekend to End Breast Cancer, and my muscles when I do walk sure feel it!

Oh, and tomorrow night is the Esks game!!!
Jen

*The maniac formerly known as gjennifer*

Back at it! 2019 goal Edmonton Hypo Half February 3rd

Robbie-T
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robbie-T » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:30 pm

Our little Kaedon Tolman is being Christened this weekend. So we'll have a whack pack of relatives over, bowing at the little guys' feet. It will be fun.

Long run will happen Saturday AM.
Mississauga Marathon - 2:52
Around the Bay - 1:58
Click>> Race History
ItsMyRun.com

"If I'm running, it will be a good run" - Robbie-T

"I just hope that people look at it and say, 'Hey if this yahoo can do it, then I can do it too.' That'd be cool if people thought that. It's just a matter of putting the miles in and working. It's not so much how much talent you have. I hope." - Brian Sell.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift." - Pre

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:08 pm

To Little Kaedon - good health, lots of love and hugs! :angel:
Congratulations to the parents - enjoy the day and have fun openings his Christening gifts :D

Karen

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:25 pm

I'll be taking a walkabout with C-Moss and Jo-Jo in about two hours at Bruce Pit ... :P
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:21 pm

Major suffering will be going on at Mont Habitant duathlon.
The untrained man strikes again!
:D
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:52 pm

Sir Crashalot wrote:Major suffering will be going on at Mont Habitant duathlon.
The untrained man strikes again!
:D

.........so then, don't forget to take the Advil with you in your bike-pack!
:lol: Enjoy the day!

Iron-North
Jerome Drayton

Postby Iron-North » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:47 pm

Running biking walking all to my favorite music and all the other stuff ....house cleaning and cooking and surviving the never ending sunshine!!!! :D
Katybrown congrats on taking the walking clinic leadership! That's awesome! :wink:
Always North of something ...

Ironman Cozumel 2014
Vancouver to Inuvik on bike 2014

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:45 am

rundreamer wrote:Running biking walking all to my favorite music and all the other stuff ....house cleaning and cooking and surviving the never ending sunshine!!!! :D
Katybrown congrats on taking the walking clinic leadership! That's awesome! :wink:

Thanks! Second night last night and it again went very well - yea!
Must admit I was, and am, a bit nervous about losing my way in the walks but I just follow the sun (in the opposite direction to get back home :) )
The group is super, we are all diversified in levels so I am looping back and forth to keep everyone in tow - think I did more than the 6.6km that showed on the Garmins. Did another 6km this morning as in Ottawa tomorrow watching SOCCER with the grand-girls.

Iron-North
Jerome Drayton

Postby Iron-North » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:29 am

Sounds awesome Katybrown! How many walkers are you taking? Do you time yourself, walk at different speeds? Stretch? I'm just curious to see how similar a walking group would be to Runner group.
:wink:

Ironman Cozumel 2014

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:08 am

rundreamer wrote:Sounds awesome Katybrown! How many walkers are you taking? Do you time yourself, walk at different speeds? Stretch? I'm just curious to see how similar a walking group would be to Runner group.

There are nine in the class - all different levels. They all walk at different speeds - I am in front leading the way and I loop back and forth to all of the walkers to make sure all are okay. I stop about every ten minutes or so and do some stretches to make sure all don't get muscle cramps and keep limber :) also water breaks. By looping back to check this means the last become first and the first last so no one feels 'left out' and they feel they are part of the group. I just walk quickly and get back up to the front . this is working out for my clinic and they are all :D with the style of my 'teaching'. We are all planning on registering for Montreal Marathon in the 10K as our goal, :dance: I have already registered .
This is basically what goes on.

MINITEE
Lynn Williams

Postby MINITEE » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:49 am

KaTyBrown wrote:
rundreamer wrote:Sounds awesome Katybrown! How many walkers are you taking? Do you time yourself, walk at different speeds? Stretch? I'm just curious to see how similar a walking group would be to Runner group.

There are nine in the class - all different levels. They all walk at different speeds - I am in front leading the way and I loop back and forth to all of the walkers to make sure all are okay. I stop about every ten minutes or so and do some stretches to make sure all don't get muscle cramps and keep limber :) also water breaks. By looping back to check this means the last become first and the first last so no one feels 'left out' and they feel they are part of the group. I just walk quickly and get back up to the front . this is working out for my clinic and they are all :D with the style of my 'teaching'. We are all planning on registering for Montreal Marathon in the 10K as our goal, :dance: I have already registered .

Way to go KayTay! Sounds like you've got a really great group & they are lucky enough to have a pretty great leader by the looks of things :wink:
KEEP GOING, NEVER GIVE UP: Spencer D

Hey, be careful around me, apparently I'm a chronically offended kind of person... ;)

Iron-North
Jerome Drayton

Postby Iron-North » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:17 pm

TracyW wrote:
KaTyBrown wrote:

Way to go KayTay! Sounds like you've got a really great group & they are lucky enough to have a pretty great leader by the looks of things :wink:

Sounds great. Hey say, that means you get to walk way more as a leader going back and forth? He he ! :wink:

Ironman Cozumel 2014

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:12 pm

rundreamer wrote:
TracyW wrote:
KaTyBrown wrote:

Sounds great. Hey say, that means you get to walk way more as a leader going back and forth? He he ! :wink:

NO KIDDING!!! I was gardening this afternoon and my legs knew I had done a heap of walking last night when I stood up :lol:

runjanerun
Jerome Drayton

Postby runjanerun » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:37 pm

Well, Heather and I did a whole bunch of walking yesterday in Niagara Falls! So much that we really didn't feel like doing our run today (so didn't). Walking uses different muscles than running and wow, they can been painful after a whole lot of walking. Don't anyone ever say that walking is easy!!
Jane

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:47 am

runjanerun wrote:Well, Heather and I did a whole bunch of walking yesterday in Niagara Falls! So much that we really didn't feel like doing our run today (so didn't). Walking uses different muscles than running and wow, they can been painful after a whole lot of walking. Don't anyone ever say that walking is easy!!

Walking is espcially hard when you are wandering around looking at the scenery :lol: Seriously though, I have tried many times to tell people how difficult it is but I am 90% greeted with "well all you are doing is putting one foot in front of the other so it can't be hard at all we do it from babies" - yeah right! There is form to follow like in running.
My husband, bruyere's Dad :) , says now he does not even try to keep up with me :wink: .

Have a good week everyone! Enjoy!

Karen (alias KaTy)

Return to “Walking”