Creemore Practice Run: June 5

You didn't need those toenails, did you?
Chainsaw Baby
Bruce Kidd

Creemore Practice Run: June 5

Postby Chainsaw Baby » Thu May 13, 2010 10:54 am

Hey! For some strange reason, people seem to think that you should train on hills in order to do well on the fairly flatish Creemore race. This makes little sense as well over 9K of the 25K course is level or even downhill!

Nevertheless, training is always good, so I would like to invite anyone with a vertical itch to join my on Saturday, June 5 at about 9:00 AM for a relaxing 25K perusal of the race course. Let's go!
It's a hill. Get over it!

www.runnningchallenged.blogspot.com

AirForceRunner
Bill Crothers

Re: Creemore Practice Run: June 5

Postby AirForceRunner » Thu May 13, 2010 12:03 pm

What kind of pace are we looking at?
http://www.itsmyrun.com/?display=myrace ... orceRunner

2011 Wishlist
Sulphur Springs 50 miler
Dirty Girls 12 hr night run
Haliburton 100 miler (gulp!)

"Try the meditation of the trail, just walk along looking at the trail at your feet and don't look about and just fall into a trance as the ground zips by..."
-Jack Kerouac

"I am no longer a runner, I am now a father who runs. I will let the running come to me and I will make the most of every km I am fortunate enough to receive."
-Smack

Chainsaw Baby
Bruce Kidd

Postby Chainsaw Baby » Thu May 13, 2010 6:02 pm

Ah! Pace. To be succinct, slow or slower. Because the trail is not marked, curly and I will be leading 2 groups. I have no intention of racing the course one week after my first 50K in 2010 (Sulphur), so 2:45 is realistic. Lee Anne (curly) will run circa 3:00, which will include some pauses to take in the scenery. Going slower is not a problem. Going faster is also easy! Simply run a few repeats on the 2K hills until we catch up...

By the 18K point, you will have gained about 800 meters vertical and most people are quite happy to slow the pace for 10 minutes. Lee Anne will continue running after the 25K for those who feel the course did not offer enough punishment.

Note: 2:45 is not fast for the CVC course, but should keep all but the Kenyans happy!

UltraQueenga
Jerome Drayton

Postby UltraQueenga » Thu May 13, 2010 10:37 pm

The viking and I are away that Saturday running the Twelve Mile Creek trail half in St.Catharines. We're regulars at that race.
The Creemore course might be a bit too soon for us only a week after Sulphur 100, mind you, Hydro Hill in St.Catharines is also up the Escarpment. Doh!
Ultrarunner again

RabidChipmunk
Johnny Miles

Postby RabidChipmunk » Sun May 16, 2010 7:38 pm

Creemore loves me. Creemore loves me not. Creemore loves me. Creemore loves me not. Creemore....

hmmm... it's not a race so maybe I can justify it in 'The Year of Not Racing'. :help:
Cheekfully,

Rabid Chipmunk

Next up:
April 28/29 Outrun 24 hour Kirtland, OH

Chainsaw Baby
Bruce Kidd

Postby Chainsaw Baby » Mon May 17, 2010 1:05 pm

Ask not what Creemore can do for you... but what Creemore can do to you!

Rabid: Think of the practice run as an audit, for future years!

RabidChipmunk
Johnny Miles

Postby RabidChipmunk » Mon May 17, 2010 5:46 pm

That's it. I'll take the auto industry approach and call it an ISO audit. giggles... I guess doing one loop can, in no possible way, be slower than the two turtle trods I tried last year.

Thank you Chainsaw Baby. I have seen the light.
Cheekfully,

Rabid Chipmunk

Next up:
April 28/29 Outrun 24 hour Kirtland, OH

Chainsaw Baby
Bruce Kidd

Postby Chainsaw Baby » Sun May 23, 2010 8:57 am

I thought that I should mention there is a small chance we get straffed by CF-18's during the training run... If anyone is afraid of being bombed, or shot at by military jets, consider missing the practice run. Base Borden is putting on their bi-annual air show and the Snow Birds use my house as their turn-around point.

Of course timing is all important. We might have to "slow" the run down in order to be on top of the escarpment for the show...

Return to “Ultras and Trail Running”