Belt Buckles

You didn't need those toenails, did you?
Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Belt Buckles

Postby Double Bellybuster » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:39 pm

Are there any races in Ontario that give them out? I am aware only of Dirty Girls.

thanks!
I am fortunate to have Running Free as a sponsor. I like to keep silly stats and maps of my Daily Neighbourhood Tours, Races and Marathons run in a Silly Yellow Shirt.

MINITEE
Lynn Williams

Re: Belt Buckles

Postby MINITEE » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:44 pm

Double Bellybuster wrote:Are there any races in Ontario that give them out? I am aware only of Dirty Girls.

thanks!

Off the top of my head,

DG
Sulphur 100
Haliburton 100

Ask Kinga.. she has one or two ;)
KEEP GOING, NEVER GIVE UP: Spencer D

Hey, be careful around me, apparently I'm a chronically offended kind of person... ;)

UltraQueenga
Jerome Drayton

Postby UltraQueenga » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:42 pm

MINITEE wrote:Off the top of my head,

DG
Sulphur 100
Haliburton 100

Ask Kinga.. she has one or two ;)

Yep, Sulphur and Haliburton give you one if you finish the 100 miler, and DG gives out one in the 24hr if you run 120km.

I think the Calgary Marathon gives out belt buckles instead of medals, but not sure.

Beast of Burden near Buffalo, NY was giving out belt buckles in the 24hr and of course in the 100.

Are you tempted by the mighty buckle?
Ultrarunner again

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:52 am

UltraQueenga wrote:Are you tempted by the mighty buckle?

I was challengd by a member of my household to go earn a belt buckle. Why couldn't I have been challenged to go eat a quadruple scoop ice cream cone instead?
I am fortunate to have Running Free as a sponsor. I like to keep silly stats and maps of my Daily Neighbourhood Tours, Races and Marathons run in a Silly Yellow Shirt.

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:38 am

UltraQueenga wrote:[I think the Calgary Marathon gives out belt buckles instead of medals, but not sure.

I luv my one and only belt buckle from the 2008 Calgary Marathon ... and, where it almost every day to work ... wish that more races would provide functional medals ... San Francisco Marathon Finisher's Medal also doubles as a cup mat ... :P
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Cupcake Girl
Bruce Kidd

Postby Cupcake Girl » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:54 am

So is it 24 hours at Dirty Girls? :D Calgary seems to easy - just a marathon after all :wink:

Chainsaw Baby
Bruce Kidd

Postby Chainsaw Baby » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:15 pm

I was challengd by a member of my household to go earn a belt buckle. Why couldn't I have been challenged to go eat a quadruple scoop ice cream cone instead?

I'm thinking of giving out a belt buckle at Creemore, if you finish the 50K and eat a quadruple scoop ice cream cone as you cross over the finish line...
It's a hill. Get over it!

www.runnningchallenged.blogspot.com

Cupcake Girl
Bruce Kidd

Postby Cupcake Girl » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:31 pm

Double Bellybuster wrote: I was challengd by a member of my household to go earn a belt buckle. Why couldn't I have been challenged to go eat a quadruple scoop ice cream cone instead?

chainsawbaby wrote: I'm thinking of giving out a belt buckle at Creemore, if you finish the 50K and eat a quadruple scoop ice cream cone as you cross over the finish line...

:dance: :dance: :dance:

I love a good throw-down! :clap: :clap: You do not know how much DBB LOVES ice cream. He'll do this.

Annelizabeth
Bruce Kidd

Postby Annelizabeth » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:37 pm

I think you also get a buckle at calgary 70.3... perhaps somebody else in your household could get one too.

AirForceRunner
Bill Crothers

Postby AirForceRunner » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:40 pm

Chainsaw Baby wrote:

I'm thinking of giving out a belt buckle at Creemore, if you finish the 50K and eat a quadruple scoop ice cream cone as you cross over the finish line...

That belt buckle had better be handmade out of clay. :D
http://www.itsmyrun.com/?display=myrace ... orceRunner

2011 Wishlist
Sulphur Springs 50 miler
Dirty Girls 12 hr night run
Haliburton 100 miler (gulp!)

"Try the meditation of the trail, just walk along looking at the trail at your feet and don't look about and just fall into a trance as the ground zips by..."
-Jack Kerouac

"I am no longer a runner, I am now a father who runs. I will let the running come to me and I will make the most of every km I am fortunate enough to receive."
-Smack

Strider
Jerome Drayton

Postby Strider » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:39 pm

So my Brother, there is the 100km Ultra Race of Champions http://www.ultraroc.com/ It is on my "something to think about" list for the year.
Help Fight Children's Cancer with Sears Canada and GoodGuysTri - 26 Team Mates, All Running 100km, 1 Goal.
If you have the time please read my participation page and consider a donation.

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:48 pm

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

Return to “Ultras and Trail Running”