Seaton Trail

You didn't need those toenails, did you?
cbaker1
Tom Longboat

Seaton Trail

Postby cbaker1 » Wed May 09, 2012 7:55 am

No threads on Seaton Trail. Looks like it wont be a repeat of last year. Warm, sunny. The course will look completely different this year! I think you can still register too. Normally sold out, but I guess the date change had an impact of entries.

I am in for the 52km. I believe I will PB after one DNF a few years ago and an 8+ hour run in the muck last year.

50 Mile
======

52 km
======
cbaker1

26 km
======

UltraQueenga
Jerome Drayton

Re: Seaton Trail

Postby UltraQueenga » Wed May 09, 2012 9:00 am

I was planning on running the 50 miler this year, but work got in the way, plus, my training is not where it should be.
There is always next year...

Have fun everyone! Seaton is a tough course and a well-run event. Let's hope the weather stays nice and the trail don't get a foot of rain water like last year. :))
Happy trails,
UQ
Ultrarunner again

West Grey Runner
Bill Crothers

Postby West Grey Runner » Wed May 09, 2012 10:52 am

Yahoo , a Seaton thread ...

50 Mile
======

52 km
======
cbaker1
West Grey Runner ( chasing cbaker1)

26 km
======

UQ...Seaton is one of the tougher courses but if I recall correctly its somewhat compareable or maybe even a tiny bit easier then PYP.

c_mcpeake
Johnny Miles

Postby c_mcpeake » Wed May 09, 2012 11:01 am

50 Mile
======

52 km
======
cbaker1
c_mcpeake

26 km
======
Kim Mcpeake

Ron...Seaton is much tougher the PYP in my opinion not that PYP is a cake walk either. Should be fun
2014 races (this year)
June 22 Mohican 100m, July 5 Creemore 50k, July 12 Limberlost 56k, Aug 8 Dirty Girls 48hr, Sept 6 Haliburton 100, Oct 11 Oil Creek 100m
coaching site: http://www.candcrunningfactory.com/
personal blog: http://www.chrismcpeake.blogspot.ca/

West Grey Runner
Bill Crothers

Postby West Grey Runner » Wed May 09, 2012 11:44 am

Seaton is much tougher the PYP in my opinion not that PYP is a cake walk either.

Crap, done Seaton twice but my Ultra memory fades me! The tougher the course the more likely I am to forget. So thanks to this thread I am going to approach Seaton the same as PYP , just a bunch of nice hours traversing the Forest. I will save the speed for Sulphur, no wait I am doing 50 miles and I am not Strider! So that being said I will save the speed for Niagara ... CRAP it could be HOT!!!!! OK I will go run a 5K sometime..... double CRAP that burns the lungs and hurts like Hell. Maybe I will just grab a case of Beer and become a couch Potato!
Last edited by West Grey Runner on Wed May 09, 2012 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltraQueenga
Jerome Drayton

Postby UltraQueenga » Wed May 09, 2012 12:28 pm

West Grey Runner wrote:
Seaton is much tougher the PYP in my opinion not that PYP is a cake walk either.

Crap, done Seaton twice but my Ultra memory fades me! The tougher the course the more likely I am to forget.

You're in denial, Ron! Did you perchance ran it last year and got slammed by the weather gods like some of us? Yeah, I'm trying to forget that DNF, too. :))

For the record, Seaton is a tougher course than PYP. You get plenty of up and down and you get lots of technical sections and a couple of river crossings per loop. There's a stretch that runs along the river towards the damn... damn, that trail is rocky! :))

I'll be missing it this year, but I really have the 50 miler on my Unfinished Business list. :evil:
Ultrarunner again

West Grey Runner
Bill Crothers

Postby West Grey Runner » Wed May 09, 2012 4:06 pm

Just read my 2010 Seaton race report ... http://westgreyrunner.blogspot.ca/2010/04/seaton-trail-52k-trail-race.html and it’s going to hurt …yet another week of going down stairs backwards!

hezzy
Tom Longboat

Postby hezzy » Wed May 09, 2012 4:27 pm

I swear I have amnesia about this race. I did the 26K in 2010 and don't recall it being crazy-hard. DNFed on the 52K last year, but the portion I did do I again don't remember being crazy hard. Maybe I was paying too much attention to the cold and rain to notice? Or maybe because I'm slow all the time it didn't make much difference to me? :lol: I just looked up my time for 2010 and it was pretty slow but I remember just enjoying the course and not pushing it too much, being fairly new to trails at that point. I think my brain must block out the hard parts of races so that I can convince myself to do them again. :D
2015 - the year of the 100 miler

UltraQueenga
Jerome Drayton

Postby UltraQueenga » Thu May 10, 2012 6:54 am

hezzy wrote:I think my brain must block out the hard parts of races so that I can convince myself to do them again. :D

I always thought denial is the best pain killer. But now I see that amnesia is a pretty good one, too. :lol:
Ultrarunner again

Maryka
Tom Longboat

Postby Maryka » Fri May 11, 2012 8:52 am

I'm in for the 50 miler. Unfortunately, I have a lingering chest cold that won't seem to go away. But I paid my money so I'll do what I can and bail if I have to rather than risk further damage before Sulphur.
Also -- I'm with Hezzy. For some reason I don't recall Seaton being harder than PYP – more technical maybe?

50 Mile
======
Maryka

52 km
======
cbaker1
c_mcpeake

26 km
======
Kim Mcpeake

Chainsaw Baby
Bruce Kidd

Postby Chainsaw Baby » Fri May 11, 2012 10:51 am

Have fun at the OTS/OUS race #2. I was wondering if they would cancel the race as the forecast is not calling for freezing cold, snow, or tornados.

Lee Anne and I are babysitting the GC while the parents are in Vegas for a wedding.

Good luck!
It's a hill. Get over it!

www.runnningchallenged.blogspot.com

Return to “Ultras and Trail Running”