EndurRun

You didn't need those toenails, did you?
Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Re: EndurRun

Postby Double Bellybuster » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:57 am

chunkymonkeymelonhed wrote:Fantastic Dave!!! You ran the hell out of that race yesterday! Super impressed. :clap:

Thanks so much, Cheryl! Race report to follow, probably in a day or two.
I am fortunate to have Running Free as a sponsor. I like to keep silly stats and maps of my Daily Neighbourhood Tours, Races and Marathons run in a Silly Yellow Shirt.

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:18 pm

timc wrote:Registration is already open!

http://raceroster.com/events/2014/1543/2014-endurrun

Thanks Tim. I have the spousal encouragement to sign up now as well as my own enthusiasm.

But sober second-thought is telling me to wait until the January 31 price increase deadline to make sure no work arrangements change. I need to be able to take half-vacation days Monday AM, Tuesday AM, Friday AM. No issues now but who knows what changes in 5.5 months...
I am fortunate to have Running Free as a sponsor. I like to keep silly stats and maps of my Daily Neighbourhood Tours, Races and Marathons run in a Silly Yellow Shirt.

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:18 pm

Preliminary results:

http://runwaterloo.com/2013-endurrun/

I was in the Sport Male Division.

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:21 pm

Discount on registration:

If you register for the Ultimate event by August 31, 2013, you can save $50 with the promo code endurrunnershi -
http://raceroster.com/events/2014/1543/2014-endurrun

So I will get in on this early.
Last edited by Double Bellybuster on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:02 pm

Double Bellybuster wrote:So I will get in on this early.

I signed up for the Ultimate Event - 8 days, 7 races, 100 Miles.

Who else is in?

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:34 pm

Double Bellybuster wrote:...after shockingly winning the Marathon stage among Sport (3-day) participants.

Photo evidence exists too!

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:52 pm

timc
Johnny Miles

Postby timc » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:53 am

Double Bellybuster wrote:

Who else is in?

I'm very close to pulling the trigger, especially since the earlybird discount ends today.
~ Tim ~

2014 Race Results:
Re-Fridgee-Eighter 8 mile - 22 February - 56:22 (PB)
Around the Bay 30K - 30 March - 2:29:10 (PB)
Sulphur Springs 50 miler - 24 May - 10:12:20 (PB)
Summer's Night Classical 5K - 9 July - 20:10 (PB)
ENDURrun International - 10-17 August - 1:39:41 (PB)/1:11:00 (PB)/2:59:29 (PB)/1:20:51 (PB)/2:48:50 (PB)/44:22 (PB)/3:55:42
Oktoberfest 5K Fun Run - 13 October - 19:55 (PB)

Next Races:
???

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:50 pm

timc wrote:

Who else is in?

I'm very close to pulling the trigger, especially since the earlybird discount ends today.

Do it up Tim!

In case there is no link from the Endurrun website, the registration can be found on a search at raceroster.com

I think I've posted the discount code here somewhere, typing on a phone now and can't readily check...

timc
Johnny Miles

Postby timc » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:40 pm

I am in. :twisted:
~ Tim ~

2014 Race Results:
ENDURrun International - 10-17 August - 1:39:41 (PB)/1:11:00 (PB)/2:59:29 (PB)/1:20:51 (PB)/2:48:50 (PB)/44:22 (PB)/3:55:42

Next Races:
???

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:55 pm

timc wrote:I am in. :twisted:

Oh sh*t, can you click undo?

Just kidding, you'll love it - great organization and group of folks.

Who else is in?

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:41 pm

It says something about the quality of the event that with 21 finishers this year, there is already 16 registrants next year 345 days in advance.

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:33 pm

Here is a Strava group for the EndurRun:

http://www.strava.com/clubs/ENDURrun

Just figuring it out, had not heard of Strava before seeing an invite for the group. I did see you there, Tim.

Robinandamelia
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robinandamelia » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:42 am

I am really considering this even this year, 3 day and maybe the full week next year.

Editted: I'm in...registered today for the 3 day sport event!!

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:26 pm

Robinandamelia wrote:Editted: I'm in...registered today for the 3 day sport event!!

Just saw this on Twitter - good stuff!

I live just east of Bradford - if there are days we are both driving to and from day of the race, we could consider a carpool.

But will see you there regardless. Good luck with the training.

Robinandamelia
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robinandamelia » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:32 pm

I'm looking forward to it. Looks like fun! Would love to do the full week next year if I can make it through the 3 days this year. I was thinking of actually staying out there in the dorms they offer. Haven't decided yet but leaning towards it at least for the Saturday night.

orleansrunner1962
Jerome Drayton

Postby orleansrunner1962 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:18 am

Robinandamelia wrote:I'm looking forward to it. Looks like fun! Would love to do the full week next year if I can make it through the 3 days this year. I was thinking of actually staying out there in the dorms they offer. Haven't decided yet but leaning towards it at least for the Saturday night.

If I can work this into my training for Haliburton, I might be interested in bunking with you and doing the 3-day as well! I'll keep you posted!! :D
2014:
Mar - Around the Bay 30 km - Done
May - Sulphur Spring 100 miler - DNS
Sept - Army HM
Sept/Oct - 50 miler
Oct - Pace Bunny - Toronto Scotia Waterfront
Dec - Reggae Marathon in Jamaica

Robinandamelia
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robinandamelia » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:33 am

orleansrunner1962 wrote:
Robinandamelia wrote:I'm looking forward to it. Looks like fun! Would love to do the full week next year if I can make it through the 3 days this year. I was thinking of actually staying out there in the dorms they offer. Haven't decided yet but leaning towards it at least for the Saturday night.

If I can work this into my training for Haliburton, I might be interested in bunking with you and doing the 3-day as well! I'll keep you posted!! :D

Wow that would be awesome!!

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:53 am

robinandamelia wrote:
orleansrunner1962 wrote:I was thinking of actually staying out there in the dorms they offer. Haven't decided yet but leaning towards it at least for the Saturday night.

I stayed at the Laurier residence one night last year. The single room for $40 for a single person is a very good and very good value option, particularily if you just need a place to crash.

The double room gets a bit iffy. My wife came with me last year - with the single room tiny and her bicycle along for the ride, we upgraded to the double room. It did the trick - but for $80, we wish we had gone to a hotel. $95 or so would have gotten us the in-room TV, Internet access, continental breakfast, easy hotel room access (versus residence high-rise), onsite pool and hot tub that a hotel can offer and a residence does not. So if you get two gals together, you may want to consider enjoying hotel amenities versus roughing it.

Regardless, this is a great event. I hope everyone reading this can participate!

Good luck with the training.
Last edited by Double Bellybuster on Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Robinandamelia
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robinandamelia » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:55 am

robinandamelia wrote:
orleansrunner1962 wrote:I was thinking of actually staying out there in the dorms they offer. Haven't decided yet but leaning towards it at least for the Saturday night.

I stayed at the Laurier residence one night last year. The single room for $40 for a single person is a very good and very good value option, particularily if you just need a place to crash.

The double room gets a bit iffy. My wife came with me last year - with the single room tiny and her bicycle along for the ride, we upgraded to the double room. If did the trick - but for $80, we wish we had gone to a hotel. $95 or so would have gotten us the in-room TV, Internet access, continental breakfast, easy hotel room access (versus residence high-rise), onsite pool and hot tub that a hotel can offer and a residence does not. So if you get two gals together, my you may want to consider enjoying hotel amenities versus roughing it.

Regardless, this is a great event. I hope everyone reading this can participate!

Good luck with the training.

Great suggestion, if you can end up coming Sylvie, the hotel would be a great idea....more fun I'm sure.

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:55 am

Here is a good article specific to training for the EndurRun:

http://www.endurrun.com/training.html

As for the three-day, I found in 2013 that I was able to run Stage 5 as quick as I could, and with the recovery during running Stage 6 (10K Time Trial) at just Marathon Pace, I was able to run the Stage 7 Marathon at only 15 minutes above PB despite the heat and fatigue. So with planning to take stage 6 easy and then actually doing so, I was able to run 7 of 8 hours hard during the Sport Series.
Last edited by Double Bellybuster on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Robinandamelia
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robinandamelia » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:57 am

Double Bellybuster wrote:Here is a good article specific to training for the EndurRun:

http://www.endurrun.com/training.html

As for the three-day, I found in 2013 that I was able to run Stage 5 as quick as I could, and with the recovery during running Stage 6 (10K Time Trial) at just Marathon Pace, I was able to run the Stage 7 Marathon at only 15 minutes above PB depsite the heat and fatigue. So with taking stage 6 easy, I was able to run 7 of 8 hours hard during the Sport Series.

Engmomma
Abby Hoffman

Postby Engmomma » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:47 pm

That race runs right though my 'hood. Lloyd the race director runs a number of races in the area and he seems to have it down to a science. The Endurun is beyond what I want to do but it does fascinate me.

Take a look at he Waterloo Run Series. Same race director. Most are bigger races but equally well run.

I will have to remember to come out to cheer.
The Summer of Eng is over.

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:01 pm

Engmomma wrote:Take a look at he Waterloo Run Series. Same race director. Most are bigger races but equally well run.

Lloyd is great, treats runners like family. His son Jordan is his partner with the WRS now and has all the same good attributes and approach so this should be wonderful for those in the area for years to come. if I lived anywhere nearby I would do the bulk of the series for sure.

timc
Johnny Miles

Postby timc » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:45 pm

Engmomma wrote:Take a look at he Waterloo Run Series. Same race director. Most are bigger races but equally well run.

Lloyd is great, treats runners like family. His son Jordan is his partner with the WRS now and has all the same good attributes and approach so this should be wonderful for those in the area for years to come. if I lived anywhere nearby I would do the bulk of the series for sure.

I feel fortunate to live in Waterloo, because the series is so well organized and close to home. I do run some races outside the Region, and I can see the difference.
~ Tim ~

2014 Race Results:

Next Races:
???

Return to “Ultras and Trail Running”