i2P trail ultra @ Camp Fortune?

You didn't need those toenails, did you?
MikeM
Bill Crothers

i2P trail ultra @ Camp Fortune?

Postby MikeM » Fri May 10, 2013 1:40 pm

I was on the page for the Natural Fitness Labs clinics and saw this (bolding is mine):

i2P ULTRA CLINIC

Cost $20 (on-line) $40 drop-in (limited to first 100 runners)
09:00 AM Sat 24 Aug 2013 Camp Fortune, Main Lodge
Held the day before the i2P Ultra Trail Running event. We will run together, discuss and demo every possible topic about ultra trail running from technique, training, nutrition to footwear.

I didn't find any information on the i2P site or through Googling. Does anyone know anything about this?

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Re: i2P trail ultra @ Camp Fortune?

Postby dgrant » Fri May 10, 2013 7:29 pm

Looks like it's Aug 25 at Lac Phillipe... but "just" an untimed, unsupported fun run.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Sat May 11, 2013 5:57 pm

I assume you get Dave & Lise's e-mails, so you will have received the latest one yesterday with the link to the race page:

http://www.xczone.com/i2prun.htm
Nicholas

Events in 2018
Walking, Yoga, Soccer scrimmages and whatever else I can do
Hip replacement on September 10....now doing a variation of the None to Run plan

MikeM
Bill Crothers

Postby MikeM » Sat May 11, 2013 7:45 pm

Thanks for the info Nick and Dave. I follow Natural Fitness Lab on Twitter but I'm not signed up for the emails yet. I'll have to do that.

ngcaper
Tom Longboat

Postby ngcaper » Sun May 12, 2013 3:27 pm

Thanks for posting this...it's exactly 2 weeks before the Run Woodstock 50miler so likely the beginning of a taper for me...the 23k looks like it could be interesting. I'd like to do the 38 or 50...but feels too close. Edit: The Misses reminded me last night the in laws are in town that week so no go.

MikeM, Nick, dgrant you planning on running it? I've camped at Lac Phillipe way too long ago before we were married and quite like that area. I swear a deer came so close on the trail to the caves I though I could pet it before it moved. That was a fun trip, I backed the truck into a tree when we got to the camp site smashing the back corner, and rear tail light ($800 to fix). Went for a bike ride and blew my tire out about 5k in, and it was unpatchable, so a long walk back, then the raccoon's ate everything in our cooler that night. About 2lbs of raw sausage and a dozen eggs...I was hoping they had the scoots for days after that. :)
Beer, the cause of and solution to all of lifes problems.

2015 Races:
The Limberlost Challenge 56k
Dam Wakley Damn 55k
I2P Run 50k
Grand 2 Grand 273k

MikeM
Bill Crothers

Postby MikeM » Mon May 13, 2013 7:42 am

ngcaper wrote:MikeM, Nick, dgrant you planning on running it?

I don't know for sure yet but I'm going to try to make it if I can

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Mon May 13, 2013 9:12 am

I don't think I'll make it to the event... just not running enough these days for a long event to be enjoyable. But I bet it will be a lot of fun. I go running at Lac Phillipe somewhat regularly and it's such a great spot.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Mon May 13, 2013 4:57 pm

Don't know. I'm just getting back at it after a very long lay-off. Right now, a very slow 9K is my long run...
Nicholas

Events in 2018
Hip replacement on September 10....now doing a variation of the None to Run plan

Strider
Jerome Drayton

Postby Strider » Wed May 15, 2013 7:17 am

I'll likely be in for the 38km. Have to see where I am at on my rebuild after KM100, but I think the 38km would be best. Not planning on training too hard though the summer, will be running for the fun of it.
Help Fight Children's Cancer with Sears Canada and GoodGuysTri - 26 Team Mates, All Running 100km, 1 Goal.
If you have the time please read my participation page and consider a donation.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Wed May 15, 2013 11:21 am

Strider wrote:I'll likely be in for the 38km. Have to see where I am at on my rebuild after KM100, but I think the 38km would be best. Not planning on training too hard though the summer, will be running for the fun of it.

Isn't it supposed to be fun all the time?
Nicholas

Events in 2018

orleansrunner1962
Jerome Drayton

Postby orleansrunner1962 » Wed May 15, 2013 11:23 am

I looked at it as well, but saw that you have to hold a 7:00 min/km pace to do the 38 km (on trails) -- a little rich for my blood, I think..... :shock: :oops:
2014:
Mar - Around the Bay 30 km - Done
May - Sulphur Spring 100 miler - DNS
Sept - Army HM
Sept/Oct - 50 miler
Oct - Pace Bunny - Toronto Scotia Waterfront
Dec - Reggae Marathon in Jamaica

MikeM
Bill Crothers

Postby MikeM » Wed May 15, 2013 12:15 pm

orleansrunner1962 wrote:I looked at it as well, but saw that you have to hold a 7:00 min/km pace to do the 38 km (on trails) -- a little rich for my blood, I think..... :shock: :oops:

I noticed that too. I have to do some more trail running before signing up to figure out whether I can maintain that for 23 or 38km.

ngcaper
Tom Longboat

Postby ngcaper » Wed May 15, 2013 12:20 pm

I didn't notice that earlier...it seems a quick pace on trails for what is considered a "fun run".

After running with everyone here but Nick I know you're all capable of the 6:30...but still for a fun run seems like I'd be looking at my watch rather than my footsteps. Since I can't run it anyway due to visitors, it's their last day here, it doesn't matter to me individually, but I can see it really limiting the participant field.

2015 Races:
Dam Wakley Damn 55k
I2P Run 50k
Grand 2 Grand 273k

ngcaper
Tom Longboat

Postby ngcaper » Wed May 15, 2013 12:23 pm

Nick wrote:
Strider wrote:I'll likely be in for the 38km. Have to see where I am at on my rebuild after KM100, but I think the 38km would be best. Not planning on training too hard though the summer, will be running for the fun of it.

Striders fun I feel is in levels...fun with pain, fun with alot of pain, twisted ankle pain for 52k fun , 100m fun pain, and then 38km easy run fun.

2015 Races:
Dam Wakley Damn 55k
I2P Run 50k
Grand 2 Grand 273k

Strider
Jerome Drayton

Postby Strider » Wed May 15, 2013 12:48 pm

ngcaper wrote:
Nick wrote:

Striders fun I feel is in levels...fun with pain, fun with alot of pain, twisted ankle pain for 52k fun , 100m fun pain, and then 38km easy run fun.

Yup that pretty well sums it up. Ankle is almost back to 100% BTW. Tested it on some pretty gnarly trails on Sunday and it held, not one tweak, and that was after a fast 50km Saturday. Pretty happy I dodged that bullet.
Help Fight Children's Cancer with Sears Canada and GoodGuysTri - 26 Team Mates, All Running 100km, 1 Goal.

ngcaper
Tom Longboat

Postby ngcaper » Wed May 15, 2013 1:07 pm

Awesome news...I was wondering how you were doing, and if it healed properly. You did dodge a bullet...this close to KM and to roll it that badly, I was afraid to ask how it was going for fear of bad news. Happy (late) Anniversary BTW.

I'll get that heat training in...weather for Orlando Sat-Thurs with humidex is between 39 and 43 celcius....SS will feel like the winter. :)

2015 Races:
Dam Wakley Damn 55k
I2P Run 50k
Grand 2 Grand 273k

Strider
Jerome Drayton

Postby Strider » Wed May 15, 2013 2:37 pm

ngcaper wrote:I'll get that heat training in...weather for Orlando Sat-Thurs with humidex is between 39 and 43 celcius....SS will feel like the winter. :)

Sweet, not looking good for a last trail run togther
I got a great 20mins in the Sauna at lunch yesterday and today and am driving to and from work in sweats now. Hey it dawned on me last night, make sure you are topping up those electrolytes with some S!Caps, sweating is sweating, running or not.

ngcaper
Tom Longboat

Postby ngcaper » Thu May 16, 2013 12:16 pm

I packed the S!Caps last night so I won't forget them...I could probably just carry around a salt shaker instead :)

I'll do the drive home tonight with the heat on, it would have been a bit too odd to show in the office with a suit/tie and sweating to the eye balls. The weather has been so up and down it's not been great for heat adaptation without taking other measures.

2015 Races:
Dam Wakley Damn 55k
I2P Run 50k
Grand 2 Grand 273k

Strider
Jerome Drayton

Postby Strider » Thu May 16, 2013 12:22 pm

I drive to work in sweats and change when I get here, and then change back before heading home. Been doing Sauna (hot) at the gym at lunch and Sauna (Infrared) at home in the evening. 90min run Saturday will be in many layers... you get the lovely Florida heat....Lucky 8) - #everylittlethinghelps

Return to “Ultras and Trail Running”