iPod Nano!!!

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
kferguson1
Tom Longboat

iPod Nano!!!

Postby kferguson1 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:16 pm

It was my 25th Birthday on Monday and my husband gave me a new iPod Nano, allow me a moment to say that I LOVE IT!!!
It has 2G of FLASH memory so there is no worry about damaging a hard drive and it fits 500 songs. Using the itunes software I have already downloaded 10 songs for $0.99 (not a bad price because I hate buying CD's since I usually only like one or two songs) and part of that money goes to the artist so I'
The display is really easy to use and uploading songs from my laptop is super quick, way easier than my other two Mp3 Players.
The only complaint that I have with it is since it came out last week there aren't any accessories for it in stores. I need an armband so I can run with it although I might suck it up and buy one off the apple website.

If anyone is looking at buying a new Mp3 player I highly recommend looking at the new iPod Nano, I can't wait to go for a run with it on Friday!!
~~~
Kari
~~~

q
Bill Crothers

Postby q » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:18 pm

he he... I was looking at an early x-mas gift... ~ FOR ME ~ he he

Thanks, I am going to look at one soon!
Bettina Peterson: "Where're you headed?"
Chuck Noland: "Well, I was just about to figure that out."

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:11 pm

Those things look so great! I can't justify it since I already have a perfectly good mp3 player, but Apple just does such a great job with these things. It's not even outrageously priced. Me want. Me want.

Happy belated birthday!!

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:59 pm

what are the dimensions? smaller than the shuffle?
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Monk
Bruce Kidd

Postby Monk » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:30 am

klewlis wrote:what are the dimensions? smaller than the shuffle?

mmmm. I want tooo!!!

http://www.apple.com/ca/ipodnano/

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:13 am

except with ipod, don't you have to have the proprietary file format? ie, spend a buck a song?
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

ChrisL
Jerome Drayton

Postby ChrisL » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:06 am

Jennifer wrote: if you spend a buck a song at iTunes, you can ONLY play those songs on your computer or iPod in their iTunes format (not on an mp3 player

There is now a few programs who allow you to convert AAC files to MP3 or other format and vice-versa. I am thinking of doing that to archive my songs.
Faster, stronger, meaner....Arrgh, matey!

If you are not first, you're last - Reese Bobby

garth
Bill Crothers

Postby garth » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:14 am

except with ipod, don't you have to have the proprietary file format?

Not with IPOD. You can use any of your MP3 songs.

It is Sony units that had to use the proprietary ATRAC system but they have since relented and will now direct play MP3 also I believe
Please consider the jobs of those in the forest industry before deciding not to print stuff

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:15 am

sorry- I deleted my post by mistake when I was going to edit it... (hence Chirs' quote up there that looks like it came from no where!)

What I said was:
holly wrote:except with ipod, don't you have to have the proprietary file format? ie, spend a buck a song?

No, it's the other way around... when you pay for a song on iTunes, it's in a format that can ONLY be played on an iPod. But the iPods can play any mp3's. Or songs that you "rip" (the technical term) from your own CD's.

There are ways to convert iTunes (AAC format) songs to mp3 if your savy, but the way I've done it is to burn them onto a CD and then rip them back into mp3 format.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:41 am

Actually iTunes lets you convert songs into regular MP3 format. It can also automatically store any incoming files as MP3 format. It can now be used with non-iPod players quite easily.

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:19 pm

nick wrote:Actually iTunes lets you convert songs into regular MP3 format. It can also automatically store any incoming files as MP3 format. It can now be used with non-iPod players quite easily.

Really? When did they change this? I'll have to try it.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

babysteps
Jerome Drayton

Postby babysteps » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:18 pm

nick wrote:Actually iTunes lets you convert songs into regular MP3 format. It can also automatically store any incoming files as MP3 format. It can now be used with non-iPod players quite easily.

How? I got a free download from iTunes at the Gap, but I don't have an iPod (just a regualr MP3) and I thought I couldn't transfer it off my computer...

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:21 pm

This is a neat trick to quote myself. I did not say it could download to non-iPods. It can take in music as MP3 files and it can convert Apple-format tracks to MP3. Then you can drag & drop the MP3 tracks onto your MP3 player from Windows.

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:46 pm

Yep, we do this. (Quickchick has an ipod, I have an RCA Lyra). You just have to use Windows as the middleman.

hyajil
Bill Crothers

Postby hyajil » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:46 pm

I have seious iPod envy since the launch of the Nano. I bought a green 6GB mini 6 months ago and now want a Nano too!

JulyButterfly
Bruce Kidd

Postby JulyButterfly » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:27 pm

I am 2lbs away from buying myself one!!!!!! Back in Feb. @ 200lbs, I told myself that if I got down to 175lbs I would give myself permission to splurge on a mini Ipod...........well now the nano's out......EVEN BETTER!!!

Great thread as I was wondering how the nano was sizing up.

Jennifer

ChrisL
Jerome Drayton

Postby ChrisL » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:10 am

I am with you Jill,

I got the 6GB mini about 6 month ago and someone at work just got a Nano. It is perfect to run, even smaller than a shuffle. I think that I better wait till a 6-10GB Nano.
Faster, stronger, meaner....Arrgh, matey!

If you are not first, you're last - Reese Bobby

garth
Bill Crothers

Postby garth » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:35 am

Saw one last night and they are sweet.

Like Chris I think I will wait for generation II in the 6-10 g size.
Please consider the jobs of those in the forest industry before deciding not to print stuff

drghfx
Abby Hoffman

Postby drghfx » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:21 pm

WAIT!!!!!

Don't buy an Ipod Nano yet! They are having problems with the display window. It is scratching too easily. Have a look at http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1863426,00.asp
"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers but borrowed from his children." - John James Audubon

"The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"I was watching the London Marathon and saw one runner dressed as a chicken and another runner dressed as an egg. I thought: 'This could be interesting'." - Paddy Lennox

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast!" - author unknown

Return to “Gearing Up”