My new ScrewShoes

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
Stampie
Abby Hoffman

Re: My new ScrewShoes

Postby Stampie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:01 pm

Dstew wrote:And with the paint, should the screw shoe fail and one ends up in a ditch, easier to find the body.

Some sort of homing device right? :wink: :lol: I''m thinking Bruyere may need his for her trail runs on the northshore, just based on past history & her recent FB post on the weekend. :lol:
PB’s (official race results)
5K – 26:20; 8K – 41:28; 10K – 52:13; 15K - 1:22:43; 21.1K – 1:54:16; 30K – 2:51:34; 42.2K – 4:24:14

What is up for 2018
Feb 11th - First Half Vancouver
TBA
Planning & in my sights
Jun 9th - Puddle Jumper Classic

Run the mile you're in. Not the one behind you, and not the one in front of you - the one you are running now :) - purdy65

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:18 pm

Stampie wrote:
Dstew wrote:And with the paint, should the screw shoe fail and one ends up in a ditch, easier to find the body.

Some sort of homing device right? :wink: :lol: I''m thinking Bruyere may need his for her trail runs on the northshore, just based on past history & her recent FB post on the weekend. :lol:

In all seriousness.

I always run with my iPhone and track my distance with the mapmyrun app. I've got the app set to tweet my progress every kilometer. Ordinarily nobody cares where I am or how fast I'm going, but the kids sometimes find it fun to check where I am on long runs, and the other night my wife checked in to estimate when I was going to be home. I ever ended up wrong-side-up in a ditch I'd be pretty easy to find.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

Engmomma
Abby Hoffman

Postby Engmomma » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:21 pm

turd ferguson wrote:
Stampie wrote:

In all seriousness.

I always run with my iPhone and track my distance with the mapmyrun app. I've got the app set to tweet my progress every kilometer. Ordinarily nobody cares where I am or how fast I'm going, but the kids sometimes find it fun to check where I am on long runs, and the other night my wife checked in to estimate when I was going to be home. I ever ended up wrong-side-up in a ditch I'd be pretty easy to find.

If I am running in a different place I will play the "Where's my Carcass?" game. I try to map out a general route and starting point and send it to someone via email so they at least know where to start looking for the body.

When it comes to running in Sudbury bushes it will hopefully point them to which den of bears decided they needed lunch.
The Summer of Eng is over.

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:30 pm

(bump)

I have no idea what my plan 3 years ago was. No idea at all.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:13 pm

turd ferguson wrote:(bump)

I have no idea what my plan 3 years ago was. No idea at all.

Wow, "unusual supplies" and all-- I missed it the first time but was intrigued when I read back.. Now we'll never know!
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:42 am

I've been thinking about making another pair of these. Our pathways seem quite slippery this year.
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

Return to “Gearing Up”