Lululemon for Running

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
LisaB
Bill Crothers

Re: Lululemon for Running

Postby LisaB » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:35 pm

ultraslacker wrote:
k8 wrote:
LisaB wrote:I picked up the Run: Team Spirit Long sleeve top the other day. I am so in love with it!!!! Haven't run in it yet but I love it!! So silky smooth, has a larger neckline (to allow the heat to escape) and has that thumb hole that I love. :)

Did you get the yellow one? there is one on the website i think in "loot" and the colour is "mac and cheese"!!! ugh.. that's a description that sure doesn't inspire me to do much but nap! :lol:

or eat!

mmm mac and cheese.

nope I bought the blue one. :) Maybe I'll get to wear it soon!
Lisa
2012:
Resolution Run - 5km - done
Hypothermic Half - done
WPS Half Marathon - done
5km & Fargo Marathon - done - done
Air Force 5km - done
Manitoba Half Marathon - done
Try a Trail 6km - done
Lockport Half Marathon - done
Winnipeg 10/10 - 10km
Fire & Paramedic Half Marathon

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:02 pm

finally tried on the leader of the track pants today. I *almost* liked them. I like the look and the material is nice and light (which is what I want in a running pant) but they fit weird around the hips/butt. It might be just MY hips/butt, lol. They're really low-rise, which I wasn't expecting, and I kept wanting to pull them up and couldn't. Tried on two sizes and seem to be right between them.

Didn't buy them.

Tried on a bunch of other pants too and wasn't sold on any of them. :( I really liked the Studio pants (which are made for dance I guess but I could see running in them) but they just had WAY too much material around the ankles/lower legs, so that even if you hemmed them they'd be dragging in the mud.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:17 pm

I wore my run capris two weeks ago and QC said they made my legs look awesome. :) They are also very comfy and have a good amount of compression, which I like.

The compression socks are nice (no, I don't wear them with the capris :roll: ), but I don't know if I actually "need" them. I realized the first time I put them on that I accidentally bought the small size (5-7) and was worried because I wear a 9-10 shoe, but they fit just fine! I expect that I'll end up with a hole in the toe pretty quickly, though. :?
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

LisaB
Bill Crothers

Postby LisaB » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:22 pm

LisaB wrote:
ultraslacker wrote:
LisaB wrote:I picked up the Run: Team Spirit Long sleeve top the other day. I am so in love with it!!!! Haven't run in it yet but I love it!! So silky smooth, has a larger neckline (to allow the heat to escape) and has that thumb hole that I love. :)

Did you get the yellow one? there is one on the website i think in "loot" and the colour is "mac and cheese"!!! ugh.. that's a description that sure doesn't inspire me to do much but nap! :lol:

nope I bought the blue one. :) Maybe I'll get to wear it soon!

Ran with the Team Spirit top.... loved how it felt - nice and cool.... but it shows sweat more than I'd like :?
Lisa
2012:
Resolution Run - 5km - done
Hypothermic Half - done
WPS Half Marathon - done
5km & Fargo Marathon - done - done
Air Force 5km - done
Manitoba Half Marathon - done
Try a Trail 6km - done
Lockport Half Marathon - done
Winnipeg 10/10 - 10km
Fire & Paramedic Half Marathon

CinC
Lynn Williams

Postby CinC » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:23 am

La wrote:I
The compression socks are nice (no, I don't wear them with the capris :roll: ), but I don't know if I actually "need" them. I realized the first time I put them on that I accidentally bought the small size (5-7) and was worried because I wear a 9-10 shoe, but they fit just fine! I expect that I'll end up with a hole in the toe pretty quickly, though. :?

I'm a fan of the compression socks! I wore them after a long run and then I wore them skiing on Sat - and I like them! They're feel very similiar to my 2XU compression shin guards - and are half the price.
Race Hard. Race Happy.

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:23 pm

Whichever run capris were that La got, I've also been thinking about them! They seriously made her legs look ripped. La, did you say you got them a size small? What were they called? Just run capris?
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

k8
Johnny Miles

Postby k8 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:01 pm

what are compression socks for??

CinC
Lynn Williams

Postby CinC » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:42 pm

k8 wrote:what are compression socks for??

for looking like a dork. :wink:

kidding - I fine they help with recovery after long runs/workouts.
Race Hard. Race Happy.

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:10 pm

CinC wrote:

It's true.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:12 pm

FishPants wrote:
CinC wrote:

It's true.

+1

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:46 am

QuickChick wrote:Whichever run capris were that La got, I've also been thinking about them! They seriously made her legs look ripped. La, did you say you got them a size small? What were they called? Just run capris?

I can't remember the actual name, but they were for sure part of their running line. When I say I bought them a "size small" I mean that I bought the size I used to wear at Lulu, even though my current weight doesn't really support that. :oops: They feel tight and give good compression, so if you try them on in your regular size and they don't feel supportive enough, try going one size down.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

gnu
Jerome Drayton

Postby gnu » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:35 am

Anybody curvy have Run Speed Skirt?

(sorry if it's already been discussed in here somewhere! :oops: I just have such a hard time with skirts - I really really want one, but always find that either the shorts ride up, or if they're tight enough, the skirt part is pulled taught...thought the pleats might help)

Also, about sizing - I have never owned anything Lulu in all my life - but according to their size chart I would be a size smaller than anywhere else I shop - does that sound right??

CinC
Lynn Williams

Postby CinC » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:58 am

gnu wrote:Anybody curvy have Run Speed Skirt?

(sorry if it's already been discussed in here somewhere! :oops: I just have such a hard time with skirts - I really really want one, but always find that either the shorts ride up, or if they're tight enough, the skirt part is pulled taught...thought the pleats might help)

Also, about sizing - I have never owned anything Lulu in all my life - but according to their size chart I would be a size smaller than anywhere else I shop - does that sound right??

yes - you're right on the sizing (at least I find it that way)

and no comment on the skirt - then again, I have no comments on any skirts because you'll never see me wearing one.
Race Hard. Race Happy.

BJH
Lynn Williams

Postby BJH » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:00 am

gnu wrote:Also, about sizing - I have never owned anything Lulu in all my life - but according to their size chart I would be a size smaller than anywhere else I shop - does that sound right??

Yup. At least one size.
The road to hell is paved. Run trails.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:13 am

I don't have *that* skirt but I have three other lulu running skirts (all different years). The shorts do not ride up. At all. Ever. :) I've run marathons and a 50k in the skirts and you don't even notice that you're wearing it (which is a good thing!). Of course, everyone fits differently so you'll want to try them on. The only thing better to run in than a lulu skirt is lulu capris. :)

TriJenn
Bill Crothers

Postby TriJenn » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:23 pm

I find them too short, but I may be more "curvy" than you :) My fave skirt is from Skirtsports- the shorts are a bit longer.

Jenn
Starbucks Coffee Cup Wisdom
“The irony of commitment is that it’s deeply liberating – in work, in play, in love. The act frees you from the tyranny of your internal critic, from the fear that likes to dress itself up and parade around as rational hesitation. To commit is to remove your head as the barrier to your life”

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:51 pm

La wrote:
QuickChick wrote:Whichever run capris were that La got, I've also been thinking about them! They seriously made her legs look ripped. La, did you say you got them a size small? What were they called? Just run capris?

I can't remember the actual name, but they were for sure part of their running line. When I say I bought them a "size small" I mean that I bought the size I used to wear at Lulu, even though my current weight doesn't really support that. :oops: They feel tight and give good compression, so if you try them on in your regular size and they don't feel supportive enough, try going one size down.

Do they have mesh behind the knee? Then they would be Empower crops :)

Skirt: I don't know if I am curvy, but I love my lulu skirts. I do have to load up on bodyglide, though, for the chub rub.

opcougar
Bruce Kidd

Postby opcougar » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:04 pm

FishPants wrote:
La wrote:

Skirt: I don't know if I am curvy, but I love my lulu skirts. I do have to load up on bodyglide, though, for the chub rub.

\\ Post a pic and let us be the judge...I'll be much obliged to tell you if you are, no BS :wink:
Mick

Completed Races:

* London UK marathon
* Stockholm marathon
* Los Angeles marathon
* A number of 5k races

Upcoming Races:

* Montreal Half Marathon 18 April 10
* Minto Run for Reach 21.1km Half 25 April 10
* Quebec City International Half-Marathon 2 May 10
* Ottawa Marathon 30 May 10
* Liechtenstein Alpine Marathon 12 June 10
* Army Run 19 Sept 10

gnu
Jerome Drayton

Postby gnu » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:18 pm

TriJenn IronVirgin wrote:

I find them too short, but I may be more "curvy" than you :) My fave skirt is from Skirtsports- the shorts are a bit longer.

Jenn

Which one do you have from Skirtsports? I tried one on at an expo and it had the usual problem (of the skirt part being taught) and looked horrible on me :(

Thanks for the input, everyone...thinking of taking a shot on ordering one - worst case scenario I am out the cost of return shipping.

Of course, it could just be that I am not built for skirts :roll:

gnu
Jerome Drayton

Postby gnu » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:33 pm

gnu wrote:
TriJenn IronVirgin wrote:

Jenn

Which one do you have from Skirtsports? I tried one on at an expo and it had the usual problem (of the skirt part being taught) and looked horrible on me :(

Thanks for the input, everyone...thinking of taking a shot on ordering one - worst case scenario I am out the cost of return shipping.

Of course, it could just be that I am not built for skirts :roll:

ETA: waited too long. They had the right size in black yesterday, but today all they have left is white.

babysteps
Jerome Drayton

Postby babysteps » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:13 pm

FishPants wrote:
La wrote:

These are the ones I have and I LOVE them. I feel like a super star in them. Fast and sexy! (I think they must be magic pants...)

VeloCarrie
Abby Hoffman

Postby VeloCarrie » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:16 pm

Another vote for the Empower crops. I'm thinking about ordering another pair!
Running is cheaper than therapy and I need a lot of therapy.

I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good. ~Harry Potter
Get off the friggin' assfalt and run dirt. ~Strider

What doesn't kill me will only make me stronger.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:27 pm

aw man, now I want to try them. lol I was only trying on pants the other day because I already have crops and need pants! but maybe I need more crops...lol.

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:36 pm

ultraslacker wrote:aw man, now I want to try them. lol I was only trying on pants the other day because I already have crops and need pants! but maybe I need more crops...lol.

Another vote for the Empower Crops here. :D :D
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:12 pm

I have the run energy top in tang and love it. The material is soft and warm but breaths and doesn't get too hot. Love the thumb holes with the cuff that pops over for a 'mitt' to start a run - then to the thumb hole as you warm up! The hardest part is I want to wear it as a shirt all day instead of running wear!

Return to “Gearing Up”